Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life outside BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ormond lad wrote: »
    DOC isnt past it. He has been good this season but shouldnt be looked at as a starter when Donnacha Ryan and Mike Mc are available.
    Yes you cant really say much about this squad until the squad is cut down in numbers

Good is not good enough for me to be an Ireland player. if no other player available well it will have to do, but how often is that the case?

DOC will not let you down in 2nd row, but he won't bring much to the party that others can't. That is why I would like to try Stevenson etc, but I would have him starting over them if Ryan or mike are not available - since you'll know what you get. If Stevenson starts WH and goes well, or touhy was available I'd probably have them ahead. not Toner this season, he's only been grand also, and not as good as last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

any one interested in doing the ESPNScrum six nations fantasy league?? dead easy to set up, and it'll be a bit of fun, i made a league for Boards & BR Ireland the pin is PIN: 21212 (PS this is my first ever fantasy entry :cheers: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

eoferrall wrote: »
    Good is not good enough for me to be an Ireland player. if no other player available well it will have to do, but how often is that the case?

DOC will not let you down in 2nd row, but he won't bring much to the party that others can't. That is why I would like to try Stevenson etc, but I would have him starting over them if Ryan or mike are not available - since you'll know what you get. If Stevenson starts WH and goes well, or touhy was available I'd probably have them ahead. not Toner this season, he's only been grand also, and not as good as last season!
    He has been better this season than he had the past few seasons.
    Stevenson isnt better than DOC and hasnt exactly played a lot of rugby this season and his performances havent been so good that he should be ahead of DOC. Toner should be ahead of Stevenson as well
    TheJims wrote: »
    any one interested in doing the ESPNScrum six nations fantasy league?? dead easy to set up, and it'll be a bit of fun, i made a league for Boards & BR Ireland the pin is PIN: 21212 (PS this is my first ever fantasy entry :cheers: )
    There is a sportsbru tournament in the rugby forum if you want to enter as well as this comp

Any opinions on this weekends games and the quarter finals/semi finals draws?

Well done to Munster. Have to say Zebo was unreal and it was great to win a big european game without both POC and ROG.

Heineken 1/4s draw in full
    Clermont Auvergne v Montpellier
    Harlequins v Munster
    Saracens v Ulster
    Toulon v Leicester Tigers

Amlin 1/4s draw in full
    Bath Rugby v Stade Francais
    Gloucester v Biarritz
    London Wasps v Leinster
    Perpignan v Toulouse

Heineken semi draw
    Clermont or Montpelier v Quins or Munster
    Sarries or Ulster v Toulon or Leicester

Amlin semi draw
    London Wasps or Leinster v Gloucester or Biarritz
    Perpignan or Toulouse v Bath or Stade Francais

Any opinions on this weekends games and the quarter finals/semi finals draws?

Well done to Munster. Have to say Zebo was unreal and it was great to win a big european game without both POC and ROG.

Heineken 1/4s draw in full
    Clermont Auvergne v Montpellier
    Harlequins v Munster
    Saracens v Ulster
    Toulon v Leicester Tigers

Amlin 1/4s draw in full
    Bath Rugby v Stade Francais
    Gloucester v Biarritz
    London Wasps v Leinster
    Perpignan v Toulouse

Heineken semi draw
    Clermont or Montpelier v Quins or Munster
    Sarries or Ulster v Toulon or Leicester

Amlin semi draw
    London Wasps or Leinster v Gloucester or Biarritz
    Perpignan or Toulouse v Bath or Stade Francais

yeah quins, munster and montpellier are ****ed!! ulster toulon could be a cracker!

leinster have a shot at amlin, the only team i'd be wary of facing is clermont, but they cant meet us now...i'd say to their relief!!

• Advertisement

yeah quins, munster and montpellier are ****ed!! ulster toulon could be a cracker!

leinster have a shot at amlin, the only team i'd be wary of facing is clermont, but they cant meet us now...i'd say to their relief!!
    Have to be optimistic but were not f****d.. we are f****d if weve to play Clermont

I would still say Toulouse and maybe Stade Francais could trouble Leinster.

Have to be optimistic but were not f****d.. we are f****d if weve to play Clermont

I would still say Toulouse and maybe Stade Francais could trouble Leinster.

Toulouse could on a certain day, but I think leinster are coming into form and if the matches for the pool where a differ schedule (ie we played Clermont yesterday) the outcome might have been different. we're building momentum and the team look angry....!!

Stade are a long way from when they where world beaters, a good team though and if stars align we could lose. I would be betting on leinster win though if I was betting!

but some tasty looking ties across the two cups!

Toulouse could on a certain day, but I think leinster are coming into form and if the matches for the pool where a differ schedule (ie we played Clermont yesterday) the outcome might have been different. we're building momentum and the team look angry....!!

Stade are a long way from when they where world beaters, a good team though and if stars align we could lose. I would be betting on leinster win though if I was betting!

but some tasty looking ties across the two cups!
    Some very tasty looking ties.
    Im now nearly def going to try buy tickets for both finals in dublin if i can find the funds.. considering both finals could have irish representation.
    Leinster are coming into some form but there is still the 6 nations right now and that will not let ye build up a huge amount of form and momentum considering so many of ye're key players will not be playing with ye for the most of the next 7/8 weeks.
    When were Stade world beaters?? But while ye should win they are a good team and should be able to build up some form considering they will not be affected anywhere near as much as Leinster by 6nations call ups
    Toulouse could def turn ye over and not just "on a certain day". Look at their squad(here) and the depth they have is unbelievable

Some very tasty looking ties.
    Im now nearly def going to try buy tickets for both finals in dublin if i can find the funds.. considering both finals could have irish representation.
    Leinster are coming into some form but there is still the 6 nations right now and that will not let ye build up a huge amount of form and momentum considering so many of ye're key players will not be playing with ye for the most of the next 7/8 weeks.
    When were Stade world beaters?? But while ye should win they are a good team and should be able to build up some form considering they will not be affected anywhere near as much as Leinster by 6nations call ups
    Toulouse could def turn ye over and not just "on a certain day". Look at their squad(here) and the depth they have is unbelievable

I agree they have a great squad, but we do too when fit, and I was (and still am) basing it off memory, in so far as I THINK we've beaten them the times we've met them in the last few seasons. We certainly would not fear them like you would 5 years ago.

Stade were a great team years ago - didn't win much as they were too inconsistent to dominate completely but they could destroy teams when they felt like it. Some could say they started focusing on the jersey style and not the matches! :D

On the 6 nations, this is true - hadn't thought of that! but silver lining, Ulster through easily, Munster have a pep in their step now and Leinster with the frustration... might be a good mix and a good six nations and throw in kidneys last throw to extend contract? (optimism :p)

I agree they have a great squad, but we do too when fit, and I was (and still am) basing it off memory, in so far as I THINK we've beaten them the times we've met them in the last few seasons. We certainly would not fear them like you would 5 years ago.

Stade were a great team years ago - didn't win much as they were too inconsistent to dominate completely but they could destroy teams when they felt like it. Some could say they started focusing on the jersey style and not the matches! :D

On the 6 nations, this is true - hadn't thought of that! but silver lining, Ulster through easily, Munster have a pep in their step now and Leinster with the frustration... might be a good mix and a good six nations and throw in kidneys last throw to extend contract? (optimism :p)
    i know ye are much stronger nowadays and wouldnt fear toulouse like ye would have in the past but they are still the aristocrats of european rugby and the "real madrid" so to speak of european rugby and very much a top team that have to be rightfully feared. going back to 2006 yeve beaten toulouse 3 times while theyve won 2 games.
    Stade still are a fairly good team. not doing as well in the league as you would think and will rightfully be all out for the amlin as it may be their only chance of winning a heineken cup place for next season.
    Always good to be very optimistic, beats looking down and negative all the time anyway

• Advertisement

i know ye are much stronger nowadays and wouldnt fear toulouse like ye would have in the past but they are still the aristocrats of european rugby and the "real madrid" so to speak of european rugby and very much a top team that have to be rightfully feared. going back to 2006 yeve beaten toulouse 3 times while theyve won 2 games.
    Stade still are a fairly good team. not doing as well in the league as you would think and will rightfully be all out for the amlin as it may be their only chance of winning a heineken cup place for next season.
    Always good to be very optimistic, beats looking down and negative all the time anyway

damn right!

Leinster for the win, and connacht get in again to HEC which is clearly benefiting them massively with the quality young players they have coming through.

I am torn though between self reasons and wanting ireland to do well! ie if Clermont win it there is no chance we will be drawn with them yet AGAIN next season,( to have them as second seeds is ridicuously!!) and Ulster/Munster doing well in the HEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh my. Heaslip to captain Ireland? Poor BOD. Now he has no Leinster nor Ireland.

damn right!

Leinster for the win, and connacht get in again to HEC which is clearly benefiting them massively with the quality young players they have coming through.

I am torn though between self reasons and wanting ireland to do well! ie if Clermont win it there is no chance we will be drawn with them yet AGAIN next season,( to have them as second seeds is ridicuously!!) and Ulster/Munster doing well in the HEC.
    Clermont are def 1st seeds next season. seedings are fair as theyre based on past performance but there can be anon
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my. Heaslip to captain Ireland? Poor BOD. Now he has no Leinster nor Ireland.
    Not as big a deal and maybe O Driscolls missus is due during the 6N may play a role.???(havent a clue and dont think it matters)

anyone playing 6 nations sportsbru tournament. il set up a boards.ie blackout pool if there's enough interest and there is also an offical blackout rugby pool where the winner wins 1 year premium, 2nd place gets 6 months, and 3rd place gets 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i signed up havent made any picks yet tho wait till i hear the teams, id be interested in a boards one. i wouldnt mind putting up a reward for it, would that make it a bit interesting?

seanand wrote: »
    i signed up havent made any picks yet tho wait till i hear the teams, id be interested in a boards one. i wouldnt mind putting up a reward for it, would that make it a bit interesting?

As in "I am soooo damn good at fantasy rugby leagues, that I'm totally putting up my prized He-Man duvet, because I know that badboy is never leaving my sight?" :D

Sounds interesting. I'm completely out of touch with who's who these days, so will most likely fail miserably.

its the superbru comp i presume were on about fewi and all you do for that is the predict the scores the closest the score to the finish the best you do points wise.

woah woah no way fewi the stakes are too high to offer that :P

superbru pool created for blackout players
    pool name is boards.ie blackout rugby
    pool code to enter is wisptoot.

http://www.superbru.com/home/default.asp?logout=true
    you predict every game and get points for correctly predicting winners with more points gained the closer you are to the actual result of each game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

So Sexton is leaving Leinster.

According to Schmidt Racing offered an exceptional amount even by French standards but if there was one man the IRFU should have broken the bank for it was Sexton. Big chance for Madigan next year and it'll be intriguing to see will Ireland ignore Sexton now! Wait i can see it.... Kidney gets a contract extension and ROG starts for the November internationals.:eek: Perish the thought.

corny wrote: »

According to Schmidt Racing offered an exceptional amount even by French standards but if there was one man the IRFU should have broken the bank for it was Sexton. Big chance for Madigan next year and it'll be intriguing to see will Ireland ignore Sexton now! Wait i can see it.... Kidney gets a contract extension and ROG starts for the November internationals.:eek: Perish the thought.
    If IRFU broke the bank to keep sexton in ireland, other irish players could look to be on similar wage to sexton which starts an endless circle and would be unsustainable in the long term
    very big chance for madigan. will be interesting if BOD stops after this season and there was a leinster backline without both sexton and BOD - would be very interesting

While it is a big loss, I can not see the next coach ignoring one of the (if the) best OH in europe. So WRT Ireland shouldn't impact too much. WRT Leinster it is a disaster, I am confident that Madigan will step up and perform, there will obviously be a dip as he comes into his own, but I think we are OK in that respect. it is behind Madigan I am worried about, we have zero cover for him.

it's more the ROG payrise coming that worries me - DK calls ROG hey, I got them to drop that sexton chap, so you can have an extra 3/400k as they are not wasting money on him anymore.:p

• Advertisement

its the superbru comp i presume were on about fewi and all you do for that is the predict the scores the closest the score to the finish the best you do points wise.

woah woah no way fewi the stakes are too high to offer that :P

Shows how out of touch I am :D

Though I am good at guessin'.

It's true though, I was aiming for the prize of prizes.

Shame about Sexton, but it's always been that way. Credit to BOD and others that they stuck around for lower wages.

If IRFU broke the bank to keep sexton in ireland, other irish players could look to be on similar wage to sexton which starts an endless circle and would be unsustainable in the long term
    very big chance for madigan. will be interesting if BOD stops after this season and there was a leinster backline without both sexton and BOD - would be very interesting

This is it exactly - hopefully the gamble pays off and we don't lose too many of the years to France.

Thats an assumption though not a fact.

Anyone know would €450,000 (reputedly the sum offered) have made him top earner in Ireland?

Thats an assumption though not a fact.

Anyone know would €450,000 (reputedly the sum offered) have made him top earner in Ireland?

Allegedly BOD is on around 500k so 450 would have put him right up there anyway.

Conway confirmed to Munster now - this has been some week :(
    Don't get the Conway move - he's mid contract so Leinster surely not just letting him go? swap deal? something has to be announced soon surely that there IS A PLAN???

Allegedly BOD is on around 500k so 450 would have put him right up there anyway.

Conway confirmed to Munster now - this has been some week :(
    Don't get the Conway move - he's mid contract so Leinster surely not just letting him go? swap deal? something has to be announced soon surely that there IS A PLAN???

ROG for Leinster? :pac:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    ROG for Leinster? :pac:

My heart skipped a beat reading that. We'll take young JJ and turn him into a player. Third choice down there .V. second choice up here = more game time.

Rumour still going round of HVDM of too stade - why is everyone upping and leaving all of a sudden? has Joe/Mick some master plan and just shovelling out for a complete squad revamp and in time we will have serious ingoing news?

Rumour still going round of HVDM of too stade - why is everyone upping and leaving all of a sudden? has Joe/Mick some master plan and just shovelling out for a complete squad revamp and in time we will have serious ingoing news?

20113829.jpg

rats leaving a sinking ship :P. apparently heaslip is 450k and top earner atm. did ye hear that the irfu still have to contract sexton to play for ireland so he could still get close to 100k from them.

ormond i joined the pool with 31 members you do know you created two? and whys there a clock next to my name?

• Advertisement

rats leaving a sinking ship :P. apparently heaslip is 450k and top earner atm. did ye hear that the irfu still have to contract sexton to play for ireland so he could still get close to 100k from them.

ormond i joined the pool with 31 members you do know you created two? and whys there a clock next to my name?
    Yes there is 2 pools. 1 created for the rugby forum and 1 for the blackout forum.
    there is a clock beside your name until i log in to sportsbru and accept your application into the blackout
    pool

Jims, Westman, Seanand ye all applied for the rugby forum superbru pool. are ye going to apply for the blackout forum pool?

Advertisement