Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to prepare for a race?

• 20-08-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

So I'm doing the Sean Kelly 90km next week and i need to know how do i prepare over the next week, like foods to eat for fuel, what to bring, best hospital for afterwards (;) not sure we've enough training done but its too late now)

I'm not looking to get record breaking times etc just to finish but have any boardsies any suggestions on what to do between now and the race?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

If i was you i would just go for a spin maybe tomorrow and tue/wed and take it easy after that with some small easy spin later in the week just to keep your legs moving.

With just a week to go your are either ready or your not, and unlike study for exams cramming and the likes will just make things worse on the day.

The peer facilitation on the day is worth alot and will keep you going at times where you might be finding things hard. Have a good dinner the night before and breakfast the morning of and keep eating during the cycle. Eat whatever you are used to eating normally as you will be used to this.

Best of luck and enjoy the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Keep the legs ticking over for the week and either take the day before off and rest or go out for a light spin! Get a few gels and bars for the race itself and drinks and you'll be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 TimmyoTooleI

you should pre-hydrate as well, drink plenty of water every day over the next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Its only 90Km so even if you are not bike fit you shouldn't need any food supplements. Two bottles of water with sugar and a pinch of salt. A banana an apple and a cereal bar in your pocket. Have a bite and a drink every 15 mins or so. If you are taking in Mahon Falls and Seskin and don't intend walking them make sure you have the gears that are suitable for you on those slopes.
    Cycle within your fitness level at your own pace and don't be tempted to burn your legs early in the spin. Use your gears and enjoy the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

It ain't a race it's a sportif!

• Advertisement
Advertisement