Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Unpopular Anime Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Hellsing: Ok, but not as good as I've heard people make it out to be

Have you watched the OVA's though? (it's currently up to OVA 8). Much much better than the series IMO (plus it's based strictly more off the manga)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Have you watched the OVA's though? (it's currently up to OVA 8). Much much better than the series IMO (plus it's based strictly more off the manga)
    Nope I haven't and tbh don't think I could stomach more torture after the series :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Madjackjr

I wouldn't even compare them. The OAVs are so much better, the story, the animation, the music everything just kicks ass. But thats just me ;)

Hang on just realised I forgot a main offender: AMV Hell 0. Quite probably the worst anime I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Hang on just realised I forgot a main offender: AMV Hell 0. Quite probably the worst anime I've ever seen.
    If you dislike AMV Hell, you don't deserve internets.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

No no no, I said ZERO. I like the other ones, esp 3. That one is.......well it covers all unsavoury areas like bestiality and scat. No ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

I think they should stop thinking people are fond of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece. There are lots of anime that deserves more coverage and attention by the general media than those three. Not the slightest interest in any of those 3, on my part. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'm tired off noobs judging all anime based off of Naruto, Pokemon and Bleach. :pac:

In an ideal world Cowboy Bebop, Baccano and Azumanga Daioh would be as immensely popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Nichijou was sh*te! Some parts made me go "heh" but nothing more. I don't understand the huge hype over it. I dont even know why I followed it up to 19 episodes.

That doesn't mean it's ****e, that means it wasn't your kind of humor and you should have stopped watched after ep. 1, but you didn't and now u mad at the series for wasting your time. :P When everyone says something is great but we don't like it that much it's too easy to turn from "That was alright" to "Why does everyone say it's a masterpiece? I now hate it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If you dislike AMV Hell, you don't deserve internets.
    :pac:

THIS. I was slowly won over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

Nanami is the best character in Katanagatari, Baccano is a lot better than Durarara (not sure how unpopular that one is) and Lucky Star is amazing (I've gotten very mixed reactions about that).

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

The Baccano > Dulalalalalala one is widely accepted.

But don't worry, your other opinions are sufficiently wrong to make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Akira and Evangelion are bad and overrated.

Ghost in the Shell the movie is definitely overrated, and the weakest media based on that material (The series and manga are actually very good).

Naruto and Bleach are samey shounen with bland as hell main characters and meandering plots, the only saving grace of which are its marginally more interesting tertiary characters.

One Piece, on the other hand is rather good in my opinion, and actually my favourite anime with a running time of 100+ episodes. It qualifies as a guilty pleasure with how much it gets lumped it with the other two. It's a shame it received such a poor western dub that it's by far the least popular of the three in the west. I believe the different and somewhat complicated relationships between the members of the core cast are what elevate it above Bleach/Naruto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I think Durarara! > Baccano! so I can be the yang in this situation.

But yeah, most people prefer Baccano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Decent dubs are better than subtitles. Paprika dub was good imo. Occasionally subtitles have made me feel like I am missing a lot of the actual animation.

People criticising Ghost in the Shell ought to consider that they probably saw a lot of stuff that is derivative from it first - in all sorts of media. Ditto Akira probably. First time I saw that I was blown away - had never seen anything like it. Rewatched it years later and I was not especially impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Kadongy wrote: »
    Ditto Akira probably. First time I saw that I was blown away - had never seen anything like it. Rewatched it years later and I was not especially impressed.

I was the same when I watched it too, My only experience of Anime at that stage was Pokemon and Spirited Away(which I <3). When I first got Akira and watched it, I was like OMG this is insane(in a good way). Now that my experience has been broadened with other series, when I go back and watch Akira, I'm like why am I even watching this ****e.

I hate the Naruto Anime. I was unfortunate to watch the Jetix dub once! After that I thought never again!(However the manga, is really good, I dl'd a few chapters to see was it worth buying, needless to say I did lol).

Bleach is a pretty overrated series in both Anime and Manga. It's good but it's not as good as some make out, IYKWIM.

Death Note sucked, after a certain point(followers of the series will know what I am talking about). It was almost like the creator was just milking the series at that stage(If it was me it would have ended around that point).

Dragonball Z what a lame series, Seriously!! It consists of characters that have unhealthy obsessions with fighting each other, power levels and sound like they are constipated.

I quite liked Ghost In the Shell however I thought 2 sucked.

Appleseed was alright, you really had to be paying attention to the plot though, with all the twists and turns, it was easy to get lost. Also fair few plotholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Umekichi wrote:
    Dragonball what a lame series, Seriously!! It consists of characters that have unhealthy obsessions with fighting each other, power levels and sound like they are constipated.
    Don't you dare mistake Dragonball Z for the actual classic Dragonball again.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't you dare mistake Dragonball Z for the actual classic Dragonball again.

My apologies I thought I had actually put Z in. Considering I was wrecked lol it was an easy mistake to make. I'll edit my post.

Advertisement