Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol - how much do you drink on a typical night out?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I don`t understand :confused: don`t drink alcohol really myself, is this like some kinda competition?

......Well Ted, how many cups a tea did you have tonight?....I had ten then a milk chaser........

:rolleyes: Its just a beverage like grow up n get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Other nights, I'll drink half a 70cl of gin and juice and whatever else I get my hands on.

As soon as I read this, the song 'California Girls' came to mind. 'Sippin' gin and juice, layin' underneath the palmtrees.' I've never heard of anyone drinking gin and juice before now. I think that'd kill me.

If you're drinking juice as a mixer, would you not be sh!tting it all out that night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Don Juan DeMagoo

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Tonight, 10pm ;)

Ah, I only have about 10 drinks max now. I used to drink like a fish, I really did consume scary amounts :eek: Still haven't found anyone who can beat me in a Jagerbomb race though :(

I am starting to configure a mental image of you, now I may need a nude pic of you. Just to verify if I was correct of course:D

I am starting to configure a mental image of you, now I may need a nude pic of you. Just to verify if I was correct of course:D

Really? When I think of heavy drinking women, I think of scummers in skanky clothes, whereas I'm generally in New Rocks or Docs headbanging :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

3 -5 pints at most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

As soon as I read this, the song 'California Girls' came to mind. 'Sippin' gin and juice, layin' underneath the palmtrees.' I've never heard of anyone drinking gin and juice before now. I think that'd kill me.

If you're drinking juice as a mixer, would you not be sh!tting it all out that night?

No, but my friend is afraid to touch it in case she gets the sh*ts. :D It's scarily easy to drink. It just tastes like a very strong orange juice, barely any taste of alcohol, which is kinda worrying sometimes. I don't really like the taste of vodka/beer/cider/most alcohol though, so I just go with gin. It goes down very easy, I don't get the sh*ts and I get very drunk, so it's awesome!

theg81der wrote: »
    I don`t understand :confused: don`t drink alcohol really myself, is this like some kinda competition?

......Well Ted, how many cups a tea did you have tonight?....I had ten then a milk chaser........

Your like one of those Suffragettes aren't you.
    Well instead of fighting against it just join in, after all this is AH where the norms of society have no basis. Remember you can be who you want to be. Just follow my lead.

I had 50 pints so far today, gosh aren't I a real man

Now you go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i normally dont drink anymore. anytime i do, i normally end up in a cell. but around 12 pints every 3 months or so. nothing beats a good funeral aswel

No, but my friend is afraid to touch it in case she gets the sh*ts. :D It's scarily easy to drink. It just tastes like a very strong orange juice, barely any taste of alcohol, which is kinda worrying sometimes. I don't really like the taste of vodka/beer/cider/most alcohol though, so I just go with gin. It goes down very easy, I don't get the sh*ts and I get very drunk, so it's awesome!

I can't handle the gin, I get depressed drinking it! I don't get that with any other alcohol, just gin. Like your friend, I too would be on the sh!tter all night if I drank juice with it :rolleyes:

Your like one of those Suffragettes aren't you.
    Well instead of fighting against it just join in, after all this is AH where the norms of society have no basis. Remember you can be who you want to be. Just follow my lead.

I had 50 pints so far today, gosh aren't I a real man

Now you go

I had 25 shots, 19 vodkas and then a transfusion of rum. I'm more manly ;)

• Advertisement

Really? When I think of heavy drinking women, I think of scummers in skanky clothes, whereas I'm generally in New Rocks or Docs headbanging :)

Clothes!! Opps seems as though I may need to edit my mental image.

Sorry but the mainframe refuses to compute this.......;)

Clothes!! Opps seems as though I may need to edit my mental image.

Sorry but the mainframe refuses to compute this.......;)

Ah well when I get drunk I strip a bit :P

I had 25 shots, 19 vodkas and then a transfusion of rum. I'm more manly ;)

This is just depressing, even the fictitious me is getting drinked under the table by a woman.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

In the region of 20 drinks. 14-15 pints and a few shots . Its good fun at the time but I pay for it afterwards , usually stay hungover till about Wednesday.

This is just depressing, even the fictitious me is getting drinked under the table by a woman.....:eek:

Come to the next AH beers, it'll be my first so I won't be drinking much, that way you can act all manly and drink more than me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭alcomoholic

theg81der wrote: »

clear off grumpy, oulwans and ouldfellas is that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont go out as much as i used to but when i do i have about 12 pints of guinness or smithwicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

i don't go out as much as i used to but when i do i have about 12 pints of guinness or smithwicks

Is smithwicks not dying out ? It was the first draught beer i ever drank back in the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

3 or 4 pints of Guinness would be my maximum on a rare night out. I'd have a few glasses of wine at home maybe once a fortnight or so, but usually only one glass with food. I hate binge drinking.

realies wrote: »
    Is smithwicks not dying out ? It was the first draught beer i ever drank back in the day :)

Ordered a pint of Smithwicks on one of my first excursions to Dublin, barman said that i must be from out the country with a drink like that, well spotted I responded (considering I was wearing my counties jersey, which was not a Dublin Jersey). My next pint was a Guinness as it helped blend in with the locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

7 vodka and 7ups, 3-5 Jaegerbombs. My tolerance has gone way down from not drinking for ages so will have to revise this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I haven't had a drink in months, so I'm better than all of you.

I haven't had a drink in months, so I'm better than all of you.

Nope, I havent had an alcoholic drink since jan 13th 2009 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

realies wrote: »
    Nope, I havent had an alcoholic drink since jan 13th 2009 ;)
    The night of you're wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I had 50 pints so far today

Fair dues! That's a lot!

The night of you're wedding?

Nope :D;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

5 pint of whatever and thats it,maybe a jager bomb or 2 also or a captain morgans,anymore than that and I'll be a puking the next day >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Just grab a bottle of Jameson and I'm set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I find alcohol to be an overly expensive drug for what you get from it these days, so my only alcohol consumption on nights out tends to be red wine with dinner. After that I prefer non alcohol based recreational drugs to help me find Rihanna and Lady Gaga not only bearable on nights out, but profound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I don't drink every night I go out but if I do it would be between 7 and 10 pints no shorts I can't handle them very well I get a bad hangover from them

Advertisement