Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fry's Orange Cream

Options
  • 20-08-2011 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this around recently?

All I can get are the chocolate cream and peppermint cream. But not the orange one.

I've found a few sites that you can order them online from. But I don't really wanna buy a box of them. I'd eat them all in one sitting and end up a fat ass.

Any help appreciated. I'm in Dublin but do be in Moate, Co Westmeath a fair bit too. Thanks.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

hi i know this isn't exactly the same but you can buy an approx 200g orange flavoured aero in most tescos if you're stuck

orangeaero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yes, love these! There’s a newagents on Harcourt street that I used to get them in regularly enough (although they did sell out quickly and I haven’t been there in a while). It’s next to an art shop, I think it’s called Kennedys. Sorry, I can’t think of anywhere else in the city centre where I’ve seen them, but there’s a newagents/small book shop in the Charlestown shopping centre on the north side that I’ve gotten them in recently.

I ate 5 last week… they’re so good!!

I can confirm that the newsagents on Harcourt street still stocks these! I was very self restrained and just got myself the one today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

woodchuck wrote: »
    there’s a newagents/small book shop in the Charlestown shopping centre on the north side that I’ve gotten them in recently.

Thank you :D and damn you :mad: in equal measures! I've been looking for the Frys Orange for ages but could only find the mint ones and they've been hiding in my local shopping centre all this time. We have now been reintroduced!! :o

datk wrote: »
    Thank you :D and damn you :mad: in equal measures! I've been looking for the Frys Orange for ages but could only find the mint ones and they've been hiding in my local shopping centre all this time. We have now been reintroduced!! :o

I wish you both a long and happy life together :D

Also for anyone else, I've heard that there's a spar on Collins avenue that has them too. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed :P

• Advertisement

I'm sorry for reviving a zombie thread*, but... for any other Fry's Orange Cream fans out there, I just spotted them for the first time in YEARS :D They're selling them in packs of 3 for 1.50euro in the Eurogiant next to Stephens Green.

They're as good as I remember :)

*surely a very worthy reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I was about to get upset at the bump after seeing the OP was from 2011, but all is forgiven! :D Must pop in there

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Dealz also have them, they are the best ever!

Ooooh I didn't realise they were in Dealz too!

I'm considering stockpiling in case they disappear again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Never seen these; in the Uk we had the mint, the chocolate cream and the five centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Mr Price also stock the orange creams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I had to google the Five Centres there, have never seen it! Haven't tried the Orange either but have happy memories of the Peppermint cream from when I was small. Had a thing for them.

The mint is nice, but it's no orange. I've never been a particular fan of the cream version (too plain).

I had to google Five Centre too... holy mother of :eek: Now I need to try the raspberry and the lime :D I'm assuming nobody has seen the Five Centre in Ireland though? Or in the UK in recent years?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kcdiom wrote: »
    Dealz also have them, they are the best ever!
    definitely the orange ones? I have only seen the other 2 types. They used to have 4 packs of the others the odd time, still 1.50, have not seen them in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

rubadub wrote: »
    definitely the orange ones? I have only seen the other 2 types. They used to have 4 packs of the others the odd time, still 1.50, have not seen them in ages.

Yes, because I have bought them....more than once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

rubadub wrote: »

yes definitely! I just happened to be in there myself about 40 mins ago, to get the yummiest of all, my orange dime bars and I saw the orange Fry. (they were next on my list if the Dime were not there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Orange ones are in iceland too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I picked a pack up in dealz recently too. Mam loves the chocolate cream but I seemed to be the only one to remember the orange cream. A strawberry one sounds awesome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry%27s_Chocolate_Cream
    Launched in 1866, Fry's Chocolate Cream is the first mass-produced chocolate bar.
    There are currently three variants of Fry's Cream:

Fry's Chocolate Cream[4]
    Fry's Peppermint Cream[5]
    Fry's Orange Cream (Discontinued 2015, relaunched 2018)
    Over the years, other variants existed:

Fry's Five Centre (orange, raspberry, lime, strawberry, and pineapple), produced from 1934 to 1992.[6] Five Centre was also sold with a combination of orange, coffee, vanilla, lime, and raspberry centres. It is probable that other combinations were sold at one time or another.[7]
    Fry's Strawberry Cream
    Fry's Pineapple Cream
    Fry's Fruit Medley – from the 1960s

An unsuccessful mid-1990s relaunch attempt also saw new variants available under the modernised "Fry's Spirit" branding for a while:[8]

Fry's Spirit Berry Margarita
    Fry's Spirit Piolada
    Fry's Spirit Velvet Dream (cream liqueur)
    Whether the Five Centre title was dropped briefly and relaunched as Fruit Medley (then changed back again) or they sat alongside each other despite essentially being the same bar is unclear[citation needed].

Cadbury also produced a solid milk chocolate bar called Five Boys using the Fry's trademark from 1902 until 1976. Cadbury produced milk and plain chocolate sandwich bars under the Fry's branding also.

Fry's chocolate bar was promoted by model George Lazenby, who later portrayed James Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, in 1969.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Advertisement
Advertisement