Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl.ie now lidl-ni.co.uk

• 20-08-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

just logged on to have a look at the weekly specials and was redirected to its northern ireland website.thats all well and good until i realised all prices are in sterling.i also didn't see a currency change icon to put back to euro.
    surely this isn't a long term thing,maybe somebody could explain the logic behind this..............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The NI site used to be part of LIDL.ie but is now separate. LIDL.ie is still the place to go for LIDL in the ROI.
    When you go to lidl.ie choose Republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I get a page with this content:

Please choose your location:
    NEW! Lidl NI has moved.
    We are now at lidl-ni.co.uk Northern Ireland
    Lidl IE Republic of Ireland

No real issue.

That page is probably a temporary measure to publicise the new domain for a while and you might have just been caught out during the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

tricky D wrote: »

That page is probably a temporary measure to publicise the new domain for a while and you might have just been caught out during the change.

thats exactly it! when i clicked on rep of ireland link it said the page was unavailable,however now it seems to be working fine.panic stations over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

daaave wrote: »
    just logged on to have a look at the weekly specials and was redirected to its northern ireland website.thats all well and good until i realised all prices are in sterling.i also didn't see a currency change icon to put back to euro.
    surely this isn't a long term thing,maybe somebody could explain the logic behind this..............

No wonder Lidl is loosing footfall because of this website change. Serves them right. There was no need to change from Lidl.ie:

http://www.complaints.com/2011/october/3/Lidl_Ireland_hijacked_by_.co.uk_website_domain_259952.htm

It seems to be a controversial move. At least on google anyway.

Advertisement