Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge not Working

Options
  • 20-08-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Today i hit off the bulb in the fridge which had no cover over it.The bulb smashed and sparked and since the fridge has stopped working...Checked the fuse and the capacitor beside the compressor but that seems ok. Think the relay seems ok. Its very similar to this part but with a capacitor
    http://www.espares.co.uk/datastore/productimages/903394.jpg

Is there anythin else that i should check? Am also wondering would i be better getting a new one without even thinking of gettin a repair man in with the call out charge and parts etc it prob close to a new price of a fridge....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

post the make of the fridge ,sometimes when the thermostat is electronic it blows when you short to earth

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

It's a zanussi built in fridge Zi 9218/FFA

yes that model has electronic temperature control ,you might have blown the board .check there first

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Any chance you cud tell me where that is situated and how I will know if it's blown? Also any idea how much to replace??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Have you checked the plug fuse yet?

Edit: Reading again it looks like you have.

• Advertisement

if your ok with wiring ,the best way to check is to bypass the stat at the motor ,i think its the brown and black (trace it just to be sure).motor should run and that way you will confirm blown board or stat

Advertisement