Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 100mb .... Anyone go over cap?

• 20-08-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I was
    Originally on UPCs 25mb a few months back and regularly went over there 250gb cap, usually 50gb to 100 gb over!
    When I switched to 100mb I reckoned that 500gb would be enough for me, but iam starting to go over that now......... So anyone getting any of the usual letters from UPC about going over the 100mb cap of 500gb?
    Cramp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

cramp wrote: »
    I was
    Originally on UPCs 25mb a few months back and regularly went over there 250gb cap, usually 50gb to 100 gb over!
    When I switched to 100mb I reckoned that 500gb would be enough for me, but iam starting to go over that now......... So anyone getting any of the usual letters from UPC about going over the 100mb cap of 500gb?
    Cramp

How is possible to go over that kind of cap 500Gb of usage( correct me if I'm wrong) unless your downloading ton of huge file(games,films)

I would check it out if your not because it shouldn't really be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

No it's correct! Mostly it's HDTV .....
    But there are 4 PCs in the house

Cramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

If your going over 500gb per month then residential broadband is currently not for you. Consider going to a business plan with your current or another provider.

On a side note .... not EVERYTHING you watch must be in HD you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hightower1 wrote: »
    why not though? if you've got it, why not use it? it would be like having a new pair of glasses and then walking round without them on. :)

i have to say though, i think i might actually be using less on the 100mbps than i was on the 30mbps since i stopped actively watching my usage.

i figure since i'm not watching my usage now all the time as i know i'm not going to go over any time soon, i've started seeing it as a distant unreachable limit rather than a close target that i need to hit every month. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

vibe666 wrote: »
    hightower1 wrote: »
    why not though? if you've got it, why not use it? it would be like having a new pair of glasses and then walking round without them on. :)

i have to say though, i think i might actually be using less on the 100mbps than i was on the 30mbps since i stopped actively watching my usage.

i figure since i'm not watching my usage now all the time as i know i'm not going to go over any time soon, i've started seeing it as a distant unreachable limit rather than a close target that i need to hit every month. :)

1080p films from Usenet can rape that 500GB cap pretty quickly :)

Also I only want to download HD content, didn't buy all this gear to watch SD!

Although I'm pleased that UPC did push it up to 500 I don't want to get charged for going over as it's expensive enough as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The cap is what it is. You are aware of it, and of the consequences for going over, so do so at your own risk. UPC have a fair use policy, and have never been shy about enforcing it in the past.

All this talk of downloading HD content is perilously close to what's acceptable on this forum. Thread ends now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement