Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Pathfinder

• 20-08-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

just looking,

anything i need to know.?
    cant afford the price of a good landcrusier. .

owner reviews/advice/tips etc. . very very welcome. .

regards
    NBF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I dont know about the pathfinder but I have the nissan patrol and cant fault it . I have it for the last six years now and nothing ever had to be fixed bar the odd light i have broken myself . Brilliant for towing , i'd say better then the land cruiser for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

off topic i know but am also getting great service from the patrol, without doubt the best towing jeep I 've owned

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP ask a yummy mummy over on the parenting forum, haven't seen too many farmers with one:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

blue5000 wrote: »
    OP ask a yummy mummy over on the parenting forum, haven't seen too many farmers with one:D
    Really. . . Looking around i dont seem to see many on the road.
    Never seen any in tesco. I think myself back in good times 05 06 07 everyone was throwing money at the toyota dealer. . .
    i only want a strong 4x4 for towing and driving on land

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Really. . . Looking around i dont seem to see many on the road.
    Never seen any in tesco. I think myself back in good times 05 06 07 everyone was throwing money at the toyota dealer. . .
    i only want a strong 4x4 for towing and driving on land

TBH I never seen any in tesco either, sort of a pet hate of mine, so I only run in ocassionally to use the cash machine and shop somewhere else. What else have you looked at?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

The Pathfinder is essentially built on the same chassis as the Navara. Many of the same components are used too. Same engine, etc. Essentially the Pathfinder is an SUV as opposed to a jeep. Common problems are the Clutch and DMF because they are geared very high and just aren't the ideal machine for pulling heavy trailers. The 2.5 engine lacks a bit of power too and can be a guzzler with a load.

As recommended above, the patrol is a much better machine on a farm. Built like a tank and will take lots of abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Red Six

I have a Pathfinder myself and have had it since 07 ... no problems with it needed a new clutch in March after pulling 50+ car out of the snow but it's the first clutch so 4.5 years isnt bad considering I pull trailers with it too! Had a Patrol before hand had problems with the engine - kept eating spark plugs etc got sick of bringing it to Nissan - but beside that the patrol was a bit of a guzzler too but was built like a tank, its not as fast as the Pathfinder but then again I've modified my own. Can't fault Nissan Engines in General. Just be careful regarding the electrics in the Nissans from 2006 - Renault took Nissan over so you end up with a Jap engine and French electrics which can be a nightmare if something goes wrong - luckily nothing has gone wrong with mine in that sense.

The only problem I have found with Nissan in general is that if you damage for example the bumper and need a new one it's north of €500 to do so. or a reflector for the bumper is €50 + VAT. Their parts prices are stupid and I have been told that it is like that throughout the range by someone who works for Nissan!

Doesn't inspire confidence when their own staff won't buy from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

Hi if Nissan pathfinders have the same engine as pre 06 Nissan Navara then I advise you stay miles(kms) away from them! Just look up Knackered navara.com.Its a real eye opener.My own engine blew up with no warning at 90km/h and destroyed itself.Nearly 3K to get it back on road and only worth about 3K now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Red Six

Wow!what mileage was on it?

As far as I know it's a new engine from 05 onwards and have improved it again with the new face lift, think its pumping out north of 180 bhp.

I've put nearly 150,000 km on it since 07 and still running great!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

59k was all that was on it when she blew !:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Belongamick

Along the same lines ... would anybody rate the VW Tourag as a reasonable machine to tow? D'ont like the sound of a Pathfinder exploding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

stay away from the pathfinder ,neighbours one blew as well and when he tried breakers yard they wanted nothing to do with it as they were piled up outside with same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

I considered one myself when I was changing my car. I asked the Nissan Technican that services my car and he told me that if we bought one and put the DP120 onto it then not to bring it to him :-) The clutch gives trouble in them. Too light and costs over 2k to do !! The automatic one is not as troublesome.

Advertisement