Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

silvara wrote: »
    Yes I got the job and am starting on the 1st November!! I interviewed via webcam since I am currently in London, so it might be a little different in person. But I had one written test and then two online interviews....

Good luck tomorrow - you will have to let me know how you get on :-)

Congrats man, you wouldn't know which hours they have available? It's shift work so im guessing it will be 12hr shifts of nights and days but I was hoping that their would be hours available just for weekends as that's the only time im available. Sent in my CV today and did the online questionnaire. Hope I hear something soon!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Congrats man, you wouldn't know which hours they have available? It's shift work so im guessing it will be 12hr shifts of nights and days but I was hoping that their would be hours available just for weekends as that's the only time im available. Sent in my CV today and did the online questionnaire. Hope I hear something soon!:D

Not sure to be honest - from what I remember I think they said it was 10 hour rolling shifts, but its hard to remember exactly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bubble187

Yes I got the job and am starting on the 1st November!! I interviewed via webcam since I am currently in London, so it might be a little different in person. But I had one written test and then two online interviews....

Hi silvara
    congrazt on landing the job
    i was just wondering what date your interview took place and how long they took to get back to you

bubble187 wrote: »
    Hi silvara
    congrazt on landing the job
    i was just wondering what date your interview took place and how long they took to get back to you

Thanks! It was about a week between interviews for me,but it prob varies for everyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi silvara,

How did you apply for the position? I logged onto the site and applied for the position by adding it to my profile. But I havent heard anything back. Just wondering if Im doing it correctly?

• Advertisement

Hi silvara,

How did you apply for the position? I logged onto the site and applied for the position by adding it to my profile. But I havent heard anything back. Just wondering if Im doing it correctly?

You upload your CV, and add the job you want to apply for to the job cart and then press submit application - they replied within a day or two for me

Thanks! It was about a week between interviews for me,but it prob varies for everyone..
    Okay thanks, I was just wondering as I did my final interview on tuesday and still no word back, am guessing I didnt fair to well:(

Okay thanks, I was just wondering as I did my final interview on tuesday and still no word back, am guessing I didnt fair to well:(

Ahh you never know - I was interviewed on a Monday, and they didn't call until the following Monday. So there is still plenty of time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Silvara what position did you go for?

Customer Service Rep or In-Game?

Ravenid wrote: »
    Silvara what position did you go for?

Customer Service Rep or In-Game?

I went for both. But it sounded like they are all the same position anyway tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 GemInEye

May I ask: did you get a permanent or temporary job?

GemInEye wrote: »
    May I ask: did you get a permanent or temporary job?

11 month contract with a view of going permanent if the game suceeds

Did those who went for interviews here anything back yet btw??

Yeah i heared back from them on tuesday, they said i did well in the interview and there gunna contact me back this week for a start date in November:)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

I assume this is where the Bioware offices are located?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Carne wrote: »
    I assume this is where the Bioware offices are located?

I haven't actually checked it out myself, but made that assumption based on this earlier post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

"Is it possible to get out of the Dungeon without using the Wizard Key?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I got an email today, asking me to complete an online survey asking a load of questions and examples of different scenarios etc.

I have no experience working in customer support before though so not sure how well Il do.

Can anyone tell me what to expect next if they get back to me? People who got a job working there, had you all experience at customer support before?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Hi Joe,

Bioware got back to me after filling out the questionnaire. Next up was a video interview. So basically I logged onto a website, read the questions off the screen and answered them into my webcam. I had never done this before in this way and you don't get to read the questions in advance so I was pretty nervous. I also don't like talking to machines (I never leave voicemail messages). This was the last stage of the process for me, was never told why exactly unfortunately.
    I do have a few years contact centre experience and a second European language.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Hi guys,

I applied to Bioware just over a month ago and they rang me within a day of recieving my application and they asked to do the questionnaire online which I did. I then got a call from them telling me I had progressed to the next stage of the interview and they asked me to do the interview via webcam which I did. I got a call about a week after doing the webcam interview and they said they were very impressed with me and they asked me to go to Galway for a face to face interview.

That face to face interview was this day three weeks ago and when I was leaving the interview the person that was interviewing me seemed positive enough with me and told me that hopefully they would be in touch by Friday (2 days after the interview). I still had'nt heard anything back from them untill yesterday when I got an email saying:
    Hi,

Thank you for your application with BioWare.

Due to the high volume of applications coming through at the moment it may take up to three weeks before we can give you any feedabck.

We kindly ask you to be patient while we review your application and will be in touch as soon as possible.

If you have already received your feedback and were unsuccessful, please feel free to reapply for a position after 6 months of your initial application.

Today is three weeks from my interview date and I still have'nt heard any feedback. I'm sure I probably did'nt get the job but now I don't know since the above said:
    We kindly ask you to be patient while we review your application and will be in touch as soon as possible.

I know they had alot of applicants but it is frustrating when you go through three stages of the interview process and then hear nothing back. It would be nice if they and other companies had a generic email that they email out to non successful applicants letting them know that they were'nt successful. It would take two minutes to copy and paste peoples email address' onto an email and it would put alot of peoples minds at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Dutchess wrote: »
    Hi Joe,

Bioware got back to me after filling out the questionnaire. Next up was a video interview. So basically I logged onto a website, read the questions off the screen and answered them into my webcam. I had never done this before in this way and you don't get to read the questions in advance so I was pretty nervous. I also don't like talking to machines (I never leave voicemail messages). This was the last stage of the process for me, was never told why exactly unfortunately.
    I do have a few years contact centre experience and a second European language.
    How long has it been.Still may be a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

dagdha wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I applied to Bioware just over a month ago and they rang me within a day of recieving my application and they asked to do the questionnaire online which I did. I then got a call from them telling me I had progressed to the next stage of the interview and they asked me to do the interview via webcam which I did. I got a call about a week after doing the webcam interview and they said they were very impressed with me and they asked me to go to Galway for a face to face interview.

That face to face interview was this day three weeks ago and when I was leaving the interview the person that was interviewing me seemed positive enough with me and told me that hopefully they would be in touch by Friday (2 days after the interview). I still had'nt heard anything back from them untill yesterday when I got an email saying:

Today is three weeks from my interview date and I still have'nt heard any feedback. I'm sure I probably did'nt get the job but now I don't know since the above said:

I know they had alot of applicants but it is frustrating when you go through three stages of the interview process and then hear nothing back. It would be nice if they and other companies had a generic email that they email out to non successful applicants letting them know that they were'nt successful. It would take two minutes to copy and paste peoples email address' onto an email and it would put alot of peoples minds at ease.
    Hi I think that may be an email sent to everyone still in the process as I have the face to face interview on monday and still got that email yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah, I went for it and got as far as the face-to-face interview stage at their office.

Surprised I got that far as while I do have bar and retail experience, I have literally no call centre experience or a high level of French or German.

I was chancing my arm rather than seriously looking at applying but it was a surreal application process. Questions about video games were a huge part of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

How many more stages am I looking at if im successful? I was asked to complete an online survey.

What sort of questions do they ask during the webcam interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

I got the same email....saying to be patient blah blah blah!
    Its so annoying because I nailed the face to face interview and I fit the profile so what the hell could have gone wrong?! and why the hell havent they just said yeah you got it or sorry unsuccessful...
    had my face to face two weeks ago yesterday and ....nothing! I hate waiting!
    Good to know that thers people in the dame boat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

kaneda187 wrote: »
    Its so annoying because I nailed the face to face interview and I fit the profile so what the hell could have gone wrong?! and why the hell havent they just said yeah you got it or sorry unsuccessful...

Hey keep the head up, I got a call yesterday from them and they offered me a job! This was 3 weeks and a day after my face to face interview, they said that they were extremely busy and it was taking them alot of time to get back to people.

Yeah i heared back from them on tuesday, they said i did well in the interview and there gunna contact me back this week for a start date in November:)

Congratulations! If you start at the beginning of November then we might be working together :)
    Apparently they do training every two weeks, but maybe that will change with all the extra jobs now created...

dagdha wrote: »
    kaneda187 wrote: »

Hey keep the head up, I got a call yesterday from them and they offered me a job! This was 3 weeks and a day after my face to face interview, they said that they were extremely busy and it was taking them alot of time to get back to people.

Congratulations as well!!
    I would guess that they are extra busy with all the publicity with the extra jobs announcement so that's why it's taking longer. Plenty of time though as the game doesn't officially launch until December 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I applied got a phone call after the questionnaire to discuss about my education, Since the way they work and the shifts, they said that they are looking for full-time staff that can work all different shifts.

Real pity, would of loved to work there, best of luck with everyone applying!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Would they be intrested with a person with 5 yrs Contact Center in Financial Services, and has no real love for games, I just play of Fifa and Need for Speed on my phone.

You're hardly on the phone speaking with the players.looking for tips to clear the game? Are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Columc wrote: »
    I applied got a phone call after the questionnaire to discuss about my education, Since the way they work and the shifts, they said that they are looking for full-time staff that can work all different shifts.

Real pity, would of loved to work there, best of luck with everyone applying!

Ah, I was wondering about this. Sucks.

Advertisement