Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

any body know what the shifts times are like for csr?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Vince1974

Does anyone have any contact details for Bioware? Ideally for the HR team but any phone number or email address will do.

Thanks!

PS Grosser, the shifts apparently are 10 hours with 4 days on and 3 days off, has already been answered in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The brother just got hired by them. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 squirterist

Hello, did anyone do the video interview last weekend and hear back yet? the waiting is tough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 malforian

man i waited 4 weeks to hear back :p

but my Fiancée heard back after 1 1/2 Weeks so I think you should hear back soon as its getting close to launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Vince1974 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any contact details for Bioware? Ideally for the HR team but any phone number or email address will do.

Thanks!

PS Grosser, the shifts apparently are 10 hours with 4 days on and 3 days off, has already been answered in the thread.

Shifts are 11 hours for CSR.

I was told in my interview it was 10 hours? .. weird

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

malforian wrote: »
    I was told in my interview it was 10 hours? .. weird

Sorry, I didn't explain properly :)

Meant to say 11 including the 1 hour lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 squirterist

malforian wrote: »
    man i waited 4 weeks to hear back :p

but my Fiancée heard back after 1 1/2 Weeks so I think you should hear back soon as its getting close to launch

Sorry, I didn't explain properly :)

Meant to say 11 including the 1 hour lunch :)

Sneeky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

i meant the the actual times. doesnt matter. didnt get past the video interview. found it uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TCTheLegend

Hi Guys just wondering is anyone in the same position as me, i'm waiting 7 weeks to hear back since my video interview either way. I applied for Team Leader so maybe they are being more selective and the common 4 weeks later rules does not apply? The fact that i have not been told no leaves me with some glimmer of hope still but it does not look good.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Hi Guys just wondering is anyone in the same position as me, i'm waiting 7 weeks to hear back since my video interview either way. I applied for Team Leader so maybe they are being more selective and the common 4 weeks later rules does not apply? The fact that i have not been told no leaves me with some glimmer of hope still but it does not look good.:(

It seems that many of the people who have waited a long time get positive answers, whereas others - like me - who get a quick response are rejected. I was emailed less than 48 hours after my video interview. You could always contact them.

I would email them to ask about when you will hear , I was interviewed for similar position last week so I think they might be leaving you guys to last to contact , which would be weird as you should know most lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I would ring them if you are still waiting to hear back after 7 weeks. I was told in my CSR interview they were trying to get everyone in ASAP now with the launch just around the corner and to ring them of it went over two weeks.

As it happened they rang me the next day telling me I got the job.

Does anyone know is there a canteen in the building or do you need to go to the shop for lunch or bring your own sort of thing?

joe123 wrote: »
    I would ring them if you are still waiting to hear back after 7 weeks. I was told in my CSR interview they were trying to get everyone in ASAP now with the launch just around the corner and to ring them of it went over two weeks.

As it happened they rang me the next day telling me I got the job.

Does anyone know is there a canteen in the building or do you need to go to the shop for lunch or bring your own sort of thing?

Good question :)

Also what's the uniform like
    And.....
    What's the atmosphere like?

I'm on a ferry to Ireland tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

These are all good questions! I'm moving to Galway this weekend, well I'm apartment hunting this weekend but I start Monday.

same here we are in the Clayton for 2 weeks but start on monday , just started looking round places today

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

First one is where is Bioware in Galway? Is it near the town or out in an industrial estate? And secondly can anyone suggest some good auctioneers for renting accommodation. In Waterford we've bookaroom so i hoped something similar to that would be in the Galway. Need to know as soon as too. Thanks

Oh just remembered to add, does anyone know what auctioneers are like on pets? The woof woof kind ha

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

DaleB91 wrote: »
    First one is where is Bioware in Galway? Is it near the town or out in an industrial estate? And secondly can anyone suggest some good auctioneers for renting accommodation. In Waterford we've bookaroom so i hoped something similar to that would be in the Galway. Need to know as soon as too. Thanks

location is here: http://www.bioware.com/careers/howto/

finding accomodation is also here: http://www.bioware.com/careers/galway/living

Google is a magical and wonderful thing, best of luck in the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged into the main Bioware Offices thread.
    For accommodation you could try Galway Advertiser or www.daft.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This might be a bit cheeky but I'm considering applying for a non-csr role, basically what I do in my current job - anyone know whether the salaries are competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Had a face to face on Monday and still no word back. She said it could take up to a week, I'm not being impatient, I'd wait weeks more if I thought they weren't going to just say no :(

Really hoping to not see that dreaded email in my inbox tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

Applied on friday and did the online apptitude thingy yesterday (monday). Based on all of what you've been saying (with the waiting time) am I pissing into the wind as the game is essentially being launched in 3 weeks? Or will i expect to hear back quickly?
    I've got shed-loads of customer service experience and a big gamer with MMO experience so would fit the role perfectly i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

scum01 wrote: »
    Applied on friday and did the online apptitude thingy yesterday (monday). Based on all of what you've been saying (with the waiting time) am I pissing into the wind as the game is essentially being launched in 3 weeks? Or will i expect to hear back quickly?
    I've got shed-loads of customer service experience and a big gamer with MMO experience so would fit the role perfectly i reckon!

The customer service experience matters the most as the majority of the staff there are not from gaming industry backgrounds but call centres and shops etc. customer retention isn't really about knowledge as it is how to handle people. Although the most interesting part for me so far was that they didn't check my ability to type or spell correctly! I haven't heard back text but a friend did and got the job so it's safe to say I didn't. I guess they just have time right now to inform those who didn't get accepted. Ah well was nice to have a quick walk around in there. Nice people from those I met

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I've played a beta of the game they are supporting.
    It was much better than I expected and I think it will do quite well.
    Nice having the servers nearby very good ping times. :)
    Around three weeks to launch day which I suspect will be very very busy for all the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

My brother in law was scheduled for an interview with them last week but they rang him and told him that the recruitment process has been put on hold for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bellisner

My brother in law was scheduled for an interview with them last week but they rang him and told him that the recruitment process has been put on hold for the forseeable future.
    Hi Factual Lies,

What date did they give him this news, and what position was he up for?
    I ask because I did a video interview around that time and haven't heard back one way or t'other yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

it was a customer service position and he was informed about 2 weeks ago. He has found other employment in the mean time so he isn't expecting to hear anything back from them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ChrisCollins

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Chris Collins and I'm the European Community Manager here in BioWare Ireland.

I thought I'd make my presence here know, to see if anyone had any questions about working here at BWI and help anyone wanting more info about the hiring process in general.

I can't answer every question, but I can put you in touch with the right people here when I can't, so please feel free to ask away!

Advertisement