Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Around Doughuisce would be best. The no. 9 bus will take you to Briarhill if its raining but the traffic can be mental at times. Walk is 20 mins.
    There is a good bus service from there to city centre (no.9) up until 23.30

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Marko_Polo

Hi Andy,

I'm currently looking to rent a place in the Doughiska / Ballybrit area. I have a friend who is looking to get a house as well here as well. If you would be interested please PM me your details.

I find it easier to rent a house for 3 people at one time than to look around for 1 - 2 bed places as the rent is generally lower and there is more of a selection.

Also, Doughiska is your best bet for what you have described in your original post, I am currently living Doughiska, with no car and have worked in parkmore and Ballybrit estates, I've never had a problem getting to work walking from Doughiska and the bus leaves you right up in parkmore if you are taking that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Grats Surrealean.

Is Salthill still a nice area?
    I lived there as a kid and loved it, been a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

I moved to Saltill when I got the job. Great area to live, but a bit of a pain to get to work. But I can confirm that if you walk in then the 6:30am bus is do-able for the 7:00am shifts... (will be getting it myself for the next few weeks as my shift has just moved to earlys)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 spongeb0b

Hi just wondering if any one could tell me when they first applied and how long between online questionaire and automated interview i have worked in customercare for awhile and a proven track record i would love to have taught i could get this far :(

• Advertisement

Hi just wondering if any one could tell me when they first applied and how long between online questionaire and automated interview i have worked in customercare for awhile and a proven track record i would love to have taught i could get this far :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

andy85wsm wrote: »
    Ya i had to fill in my online questions by 30th dec and no contact really tought they let u know at least if you do not get to next stage i suppose no answer is prob an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

i am just wondering what jobs have people gotten is the majority of it in customer service and what are the shifts like for this?

obv there is shift allowance? and salary is crica 25000-30000

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Did the interview there on tuesday, really hope I got through as I have yet to hear back! Whats the wait time for hearing back generally? They told me 2 weeks approximately but after hearing about the perks of the job after the interview I'm a tad more anxious to get it! :D

apparently im not supposed to say lol, plus after the interview i cant really remember was absolutely zonked, was travelling since 6am! I just remember going 'whoah, really' and having a big silly grin on my face! Really hope they get me in, though with my hopes up I think I wont get it hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eoghan-strange

Hi all,

I've just gotten a job with Bioware in Galway and I'm starting next week.
    I have the week off to find somewhere to live.

If anyone is looking for a roommate or just has hints and tips on where to look, that would be great.
    Maybe drop me a PM and we'll try hammer something out?

Cheers!

still waiting on word back a week after the interview, is this a bad sign or am I just being paranoid? :)

R u a gamer or from tech background

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Anyone who is confused at this thread is entitled to know the real Sponge Bob can spell. :)

My apologies i am just new to boards.ie and keep forgetting that i am not texting or mailing a friend that understands my shorthand .
    I was asking were you from a gaming and technical background as they contacted me and said they had to give priority to these areas first and that they will be back in contact with me as i only had a strong csr background and no gaming experience. If this is of any help

Maybe i will change my name to Patrickstar

• Advertisement

Ah, during the interview I made my interest in the in game customer support role known but said that I'd work anywhere they put me, they said they be back to me within 2 weeks but I think I'm just impatient! :D

Elrollo wrote: »
    Ah, during the interview I made my interest in the in game customer support role known but said that I'd work anywhere they put me, they said they be back to me within 2 weeks but I think I'm just impatient! :D
    I have wait alot longer than that but wishing you all the best hope they get back to you soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Killem

I had my last interview on tuesday and hopefully get proceed to a YES.

I've read the whole thread to get some infos (much appreciated) any1 re-located from germany to Galway and can give some advice for the process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KyleMyers

Hey all. I'm looking for accommodation near Parkmore West, I would need to move late next week. If anyone has anything available or knows somewhere let me know by PM. There doesn't seem to be much in the area on Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Killem

Got my job offer tday and can start working on feb 20th already =)))))))))
    So i need to move to galway around 10ish.

Maybe ill see some of u folks there !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KyleMyers

Anything after a place to live is a bonus :p as long as you have that you're sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squinn24

I had interview few months ago with Bioware and didn't make it all the way! got to the personal interview stage, i think I was too nervous during the interview, cause i do like gaming. got an email saying they said i had the option to re apply in 6 mths, has anyone else been successful, because i would really like to work for this company! loads of potential for growth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squinn24

as well, just thought i would mention zenimax are coming to galway soon too, maybe april to june i think, another good opportunity!possitive thinking:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Marko_Polo

Hi All,

If anyone is in need of accommodation, I have a room for rent in a 4 bed house in Roscam, PM me for details....

Advertisement