Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Killem

squinn24 wrote: »
    I had interview few months ago with Bioware and didn't make it all the way! got to the personal interview stage, i think I was too nervous during the interview, cause i do like gaming. got an email saying they said i had the option to re apply in 6 mths, has anyone else been successful, because i would really like to work for this company! loads of potential for growth

As i wrote in my previous posts ive been able to finish the whole process within about 3 weeks and should start working at feb 20th =)))
    Kinda busy with sorting out all stuff because i need to move from germany over there xD.
    For the last interview: ive been nervous as hell too but since im already working as a CSR i got prolly an advance since it wasnt gaming related at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JFG

Hi everyone,

New to the forum so please excuse any ignorance of protocol on my part.

I have been offered the opportunity to take part in an online interview this evening and I was hoping to find out what kind of questions they tend to ask? Are they similar to those asked in the prevailing online questionnaire or are they all situational type questions.

I've never completed and interview by this method so I am a little nervous to be honest. I have quiet a bit of experience in customer service, telemarketing and my current employer is a well known game retailer so I'm hoping that this experience will serve me well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

andy85wsm wrote: »
    There is also a walkway that brings you under the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

The bus stop is just 2 minutes (less even) down the road, very easy to get to from BioWare.

How did it go?

It's not as bad as you first think, right?[/Quote]

Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, kind of found the experience a little unnerving. Fingers crossed though, I may well have done better then I'd originally thought? I'm working in GAME here in Galway at present and I have a lot of experience working in telesales, marketing and customer support so hopefully the relevance of my previous rolls will play a part in their decision making process. Will let you know anyway, thanks for the response.

Have fun Andy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Welcome to the Republic, you're going to have that experience over and over again. :(

How did it go?

It's not as bad as you first think, right?[/Quote]

Got a response from Bioware today which read as follows:

"Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the online video interview in relation to our requirement for a Customer Service Representative.  

Currently we only have positions open for Customer Service Representatives with fluency either in French or German. We would however like to place you on a shortlist for interview in the event that there are future suitable openings, and we will contact you should this be the case."

Seems awful strange to progress an application to this point knowing that I have no linguistic skills in either of the two languages. Kind of a waste of my time if I'm honest, and a tad unprofessional on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JFG wrote: »
    Got a response from Bioware today which read as follows:

"Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the online video interview in relation to our requirement for a Customer Service Representative.  

Currently we only have positions open for Customer Service Representatives with fluency either in French or German. We would however like to place you on a shortlist for interview in the event that there are future suitable openings, and we will contact you should this be the case."

Seems awful strange to progress an application to this point knowing that I have no linguistic skills in either of the two languages. Kind of a waste of my time if I'm honest, and a tad unprofessional on their part.

got the same thing but hadnt got the video interview yet, only applied recently, will fill out the survey anyway n see what happens, have loads of call centre experience so have no problem with that aspect. not crazy bout working night shifts but hey, anything that gets me out my current job

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paeriz

Hi !!!

what a relief to find this board !

I will start working with Bioware at the 13th of Feb. - currently I live in Belfast (even though I am German).

It would be really helpful for me if you could tell me some more about your experiences with finding accomodation in Galway.

Since I dont have the Chance to view houses before I arrive, I consider to stay in a hostel. I found a few offers in the internet, during the weekend for sure all expensive as hell, but I am still unable to locate Bioware (Mervue Business Park) with Google Maps not sure what I do wrong.

In case that someone here can offer me a short-term accomodation I would be really, really, pleased.

Can't wait to meet you in the office :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google B&Bs on College Road.
    There are lots of B&Bs along there and I'm sure several of them will give you weekly rates.
    My company uses one of them for our overseas employees whenever we need them here for a while.

College road to Parkmore map, check in this thread for buses etc unless you drive.

Thank you Biko, perfect !

lets see If they have something for me, where I am not forced to sleep with 10 persons in one room. Hell, I didnt even knew that something like that excist before I figured a few things out here in the internet.

Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jedi13

Hey Man, If you need a place to stay after the clayton short term then I can help u out. I will be working the nightshift for the next two weeks so while you are doing 9-6 we probably won't even see each other. I will be popping my head in tomorrow morning. let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jedi13

In fact if there is anybody starting at bioware I have a single room to rent in a 4 bed house in oranmore. Takes about 8 mins to drive to work if you have a car.

Sky 3D
    Broadband
    Xbox

Hey Jedi,

amazing offer.. but since I am a smart girl - the short-term thing was not even required. I already found a house here. But I defo appreciate it and I am sure you will find someone - I know a guy who will arrive tomorrow and start at the 20. so he is probably interessted.

I will let him know.

See u over there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HermesX77

Hey all, new here. Had a question and just had to register.
    I was under the impression BioWare offered a relocation package?

• Advertisement

HermesX77 wrote: »
    Hey all, new here. Had a question and just had to register.
    I was under the impression BioWare offered a relocation package?

They do offer u a relocation package if u are moving there. Myself got plenty support for my relocation so its realy easy (atleast so far).

Jedi since Paeriz already found a house for herself i might take your offer for the single room. Arriving tomorrow at Galway and will stay at Claytons firts. So leave me a msg if your offer is still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Afaik they do offer relocation, but only if you're moving from outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Just applied for a PM job in Bioware but would more or less take anything.....fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

JFG wrote: »
    Kind of a waste of my time if I'm honest, and a tad unprofessional on their part.

A tad unprofessional was letting met go right through to the sit down interview, then turn me down for the job on the basis that right now im working up the road in a medical facility and not in customer care (ahem vodafone store manager and blizzard GM until I came to Galway) Couldn't offer me one bit of feedback pertaining to the interview, in fact she went as far as to tell me that I gave a very strong interview and really was no reason other than my current occupation being a conflicting role to what they're looking for.

timewasters.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 liu83

A tad unprofessional was letting met go right through to the sit down interview, then turn me down for the job on the basis that right now im working up the road in a medical facility and not in customer care (ahem vodafone store manager and blizzard GM until I came to Galway) Couldn't offer me one bit of feedback pertaining to the interview, in fact she went as far as to tell me that I gave a very strong interview and really was no reason other than my current occupation being a conflicting role to what they're looking for.

timewasters.com :)

I agree. But at least you know the reason for the rejection, I am still guessing.
    Did you approach them after the interview or they just told you about their decision right away?

No the lady who interviewed me rang me up. I did send one or two follow up mails and she told me that the relevant department was very busy but should be with me soon. But it was her who rang me up to let me know. I'm of the mind that she had given me positive feedback and was expecting that I would get in. It was a very contrary conversation to be told I gave a great interview and had "many solid examples for their experience based questions", but because I work in "manufacturing" I not considered to be in the relevant field.

Ah not to worry, if I worked at talk talk selling broadband I would have stood more of a chance. :)

I know where I'll be applying in March/April anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anyone know if they are still actively hiring English only CSRs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

...because I work in "manufacturing" I not considered to be in the relevant field.

I'd guess that they had two otherwise-similar candidates, liked 'em both, and had to choose between you and the other guy. Couldn't choose on any other criteria, so used that one.

Kinda refreshing that they actually told you a reason at all, most employers don't for fear of being construed as discriminating.

Don't take it too personally, IMHO.

It's a sour note given that in the weeks that followed they were advertising for english CSR's more than ever.

It's a null excuse imo and something they obviously were aware of before they even contacted me to fill in the survey. Yes, I work in a factory, it's right there at the top of my CV.

:) Zenimax anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 spongeb0b

Hi i also applied for a job with bioware as i had two three years exp in global customer care setting. I then received an email to say i was unsuccessful so said id email them to find out why. they sent me back an email to i met all there criteria unfortunatly they are not taking on english csr's and i was being fobput in a group to proceed with when positions come but they still seem to be interviewing . Honesty is the best policy really it seems now i was just being fobbed off. when is zenimax coming.

Advertisement