Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Induction week?

• 20-08-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm probably going to do Law in Ucc this year, and I'm just wondering what exactly happens during orientation?

Do you play games to get to know people, or tours, or what?

And do all the laws (clinical, international etc) get "inducted" together? Or do they separate you into small groups?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

People are divided into groups of 10-12 and shown around the college by the group leader(group leader is a current student)sometimes the groups do icebreakers just to get the new students to relax a bit:)you will also get lots of free stuff and you will have the chance to sign up for societies.students will have stands up all over campus. Once you accept the cao offer to go UCC they will send you a welcome pack in the post. This will include your student number so you can access student email etc:)it will also contain all the information you need about your induction....entertainment on the day etc:) make sure you look your best because you will get your student ID on induction day so they will have to take your picture:)it really is an enjoyful day...it really helps to ease students into college life:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 _mocha_

It sounds good! I'm so nervous though...Thanks for the tip about the student ID!:D That would haunt me for years if it wasn't nice!:p

Thanks so much, I hope its good and not too awkward!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

You'll be put into small groups. If you're assigned specific tutorials to attend during the year, then more than likely the people in your orientation group will be in the same tutorials as you ^^ (I do science, and it worked out that way for us with labs ^^)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I mainly remember our group of ten or so being put in the chapel for a long time with nothing to do for no apparent reason and getting free condoms in our welcome bags after we got our ID photos taken. So, pretty awkward? But, you'll get to meet new people (at least three!) and even if you don't use them, the condoms make good water balloons... apparently.

They do indeed, we had a leaving cert up in the middle of the year, who was very disappointed that we'd already had the condom water fight xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

brian1991 wrote: »
    I mainly remember our group of ten or so being put in the chapel for a long time with nothing to do for no apparent reason and getting free condoms in our welcome bags after we got our ID photos taken. So, pretty awkward? But, you'll get to meet new people (at least three!) and even if you don't use them, the condoms make good water balloons... apparently.

Ya, free condoms and lube. Very thoughtful of them.

But anyway, nothing much happens on that first day, getting ID is important, they'll more than likely make a bags of your picture, and it'll come out all yellow. Tour of the library, how to check out books, meet some randomers. I'm not sure about signing up to clubs and socs or does that not happen to freshers fest on the weekend before the start of college

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, free condoms and lube. Very thoughtful of them.

But anyway, nothing much happens on that first day, getting ID is important, they'll more than likely make a bags of your picture, and it'll come out all yellow. Tour of the library, how to check out books, meet some randomers. I'm not sure about signing up to clubs and socs or does that not happen to freshers fest on the weekend before the start of college

Clubs & socs is freshers week, as I recall Socs was a Wenesday & Clubs was Thursday.

brian1991 wrote: »

You do need to try the condoms as water balloons, perhaps this year >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aoi wrote: »
    Clubs & socs is freshers week, as I recall Socs was a Wenesday & Clubs was Thursday.

We open up for the 1st years earlier to allow them to sign up. Presuming, it's freshers fest but I'm not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Randy batch of 1st years coming in this academic term...all this condom talk. "Will someone think of the children?!"

Randy batch of 1st years coming in this academic term...all this condom talk. "Will someone think of the children?!"

Myself & Brian have already been first years. He started it, I swear xD Ok we should probably stop cause people want answers to questions..

• Advertisement
Advertisement