Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boring non-silly chatter thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I forgot - these are a pic from google of my favourite pair of shoes. They're by this (really cool) designer called Charlotte Olympia and although they were super expensive (even more so than Christian Louboutins) I've definately justified the price by the amount of times Ive worn them. They're about 3 seasons out of date but I don't care. I love them. They're so
    comfortable and look amazing with almost anything. Usually I'd only wear a shoe a couple of times but not these, i've worn them loads.

dollycanvaspumpsblack.jpg

I've given Tar a course in shoes too. You should ask him what Christian Louboutin is and how to recognise them, and if he can tell you, it's because i was an amazing teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Did you hand in your notice and did you give your one a piece of your mind

I sent out a HAPE of cvs on Sunday cause I was so angry.

Went into work yday morning and assistant manager was there. I'm like, I'd like to speak to *manager* before I start work but surprise surprise she wasn't there so I started work and about 2pm she comes in and her mom is with her. She asks me if I could tint her moms lashes brows and just put a shape on them. I'm like yeah of
    course, so take her mom into the room and find that she's lovely and we were flat out talking the entire time, she was just like a normal client and so friendly. So about 4ish, manager asks me to go up to office and so I do... Go in and she's like "you wanted to talk to me?" umm... So I say yeah about yesterday and she's basically saying I dont care about the salon and that it's just a job ect. And I'm like, I can't drop everything at a moments notice, travel half way across the country with a couple hours notice. Rotas are in place for a reason and it's unfair to expect anybody to be fine with coming in on their days off, because you haven't scheduled the days properly.

Then I start going on bout Xmas week saying how she was unfair and disorganized and all this kinda stuff. She initally did try defend it saying that as a manager she can do that and she's not oblidged to give any days off and I'm like, hello. You gave me two days off and took both days off me... Had you told me I'd be working 6 days Id have been organized from the week before, however you didn't do that.

Then she goes, well you should come to me and tell me then, i do understand blah blah blah. No, you don't, and i didn't think I needed to
    come to you as I was actually given two days off which were snatched back last minute.

So then she goes on to tell me that I'm an exceptional therapist and I'm good at my job and the clients love me and the company doesn't want to lose me. She then says her mom was really happy with her eyebrows and that she had said they looked better than they ever had and I'm like well I'm glad she's happy with them and the managers like she's not just saying that, she owes you no loyalty, she's really pleased with them and apparently her mom said I was lovely ha.

So yeah - I didn't quit, cause I figure every days a school day and when I open my own salon all experience is good experience. I have a meeting with dermalogica on Thursday about placing an order with them for MY salon. So excited,

And got a call yday about organising an interview with a place I applied to on Sunday.

And people say there's no jobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Personally I like Billy Connolly's summary, which is "It's a disgusting piece of stuff... It's like a wee hairy brain"

Any good bollocks related stories to share with AH, AH?
    Can be a description, an incident, a poem, an epitaph, an epithet, a parable, hell as long as it's bollocks, it's bollocks.

Discuss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Billy Connolly is bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

That's a load of bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

most of the stuff I post here is bollox, it comes naturally to me.

Babybuff wrote: »
    most of the stuff I post here is bollox, it comes naturally to me.

You're a bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

A second thread should be started on this very subject, for symmetry's sake. Otherwise it's all bollock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Well bollox is all anyone on boards talks, so your point is WTF????

jay-me wrote: »

Loada sh1te, ya want chocolate salty balls!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

This thread has caught the ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Bollox, Spliff in bed time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

no one ever thanks my posts on boards,sum times i lay awake at night wondering what its like to find yourself in the most thanked forum,bet those fuppers feel like god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's a most thanked forum?

no one ever thanks my posts on boards,sum times i lay awake at night wondering what its like to find yourself in the most thanked forum,bet those fuppers feel like god.

What has that got to do with bollocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

What has that got to do with bollocks?

i duno im not a vet or a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

J. Marston wrote: »
    There's a most thanked forum?

You're in it!:D

You have to look really hard to spot the thanks!;)

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Loada sh1te, ya want chocolate salty balls!!!!!!!!!!

Go and ask me bollocks!

jay-me wrote: »
    Go and ask me bollocks!

Well I would, buT last heard, Chef ate them, and now they are GONE

Seem pretty intact from here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Sarky get rid of this Bollocks please.

Dont you like all our new firends in the nest sam :confused:

• Advertisement

What sort of bollocks have I just read?

If I was from mayo, it'd all be bullocks

Yo, Pixie Lott is durrrtty. Did you hear the lyrics in kiss the stars

It's utter bollocks Orange.

Morning Storm

Indeed, A few threads moved here last night are particularly bollox!

• Advertisement

Yo, Pixie Lott is durrrtty. Did you hear the lyrics in kiss the stars

That song is so bad and she looks ugly in the video/

It's all bollox if you ask me.

I keep thinking it's "if you can get it up I can go all night" and the boys like, "I don't think that's the words".

what the fcuk you talking about stormy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullockornis

Bullockornis is the Demon Duck of Doom.

What sort of bollocks have I just read?

If I was from mayo, it'd all be bullocks

Ironically enough, a bullock is a bull with no bollocks.

hondasam wrote: »
    what the fcuk you talking about stormy?

Here you go sam

I made sh it of my new iPhone :( boo the fucc hoo I'm legit sad. I only have it since like end of october.

Looks like it's back to the 4 for me :( fluff my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Saramalik

hiii,, needed some advice.im going to rent a property and the landlord wants me to pay the charge for the greens outside i was wondering if thats right? he was saying 200 first but now says pay half and he`l pay the rest. need advice?"

what are these greens you talk about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Have you slept with him to get a discount yet?

voice of experience talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TOSHIBALAPTOP

Hello, I was just wondering, I applied to defer my college course in September because of a job that I thought was good, which ended up being misleading and false. I left the job however in November, and inquired about going back to college but it was too late so I have to wait until September. I passed my first year then got accepted into second year, what is the procedure to getting into second year, what do I have to do, and will I have to pay any fee at all when September comes around?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, I was just wondering, I applied to defer my college course in September because of a job that I thought was good, which ended up being misleading and false. I left the job however in November, and inquired about going back to college but it was too late so I have to wait until September. I passed my first year then got accepted into second year, what is the procedure to getting into second year, what do I have to do, and will I have to pay any fee at all when September comes around?

Thanks for your help.

Hi cannot help you but try here :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28

This is not the correct forum, hondasam. Read the charter and think twice before posting something helpful.

It's nice to be nice the odd time, it will not happen to often here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Saramalik

hondasam wrote: »
    what are these greens you talk about?
    Thats the green area outside the house,that he said needs to be kept well.

It's his greens, let him look after them. Not your responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Thanks for your help.

I'm worried that your situation is too sexy.

• Advertisement

<nods approvingly>

Good save, FTGFOP. That was a close one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement