Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boring non-silly chatter thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

getting up time.... boooo. not a ghostly booo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I have a belly button.
    http://youtu.be/vIEH_KZ-wmI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Innie or outie?

My computer BROKE. Swear to god if I have to buy another new one
    a) I'll freak out type serious.
    b) I'll buy a mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

HI everyone and anyone who is around.

Hai Sam!

hey storm, how was your day, the boy hungover?

The boy was up at 6:15 and gone by 7 lol. Didn't have time to be hungover.

My day was good -- just chilled out and did a bit of shopping! How was ur day

lazy spent the day with my sister chatting, drinking tea/coffee.

That day sounds good!! I'm just back from a walk with Ava and my friend from college. Greeted with an abusive facebook message for deleting someone off my friends list. Can't win em all I guess haha

• Advertisement

feck them. I'm watching coldplay on mtv, love them.

Coldplays aight. Better than that heavy metal rubbish that so many people seem to listen to.

hate heavy metal. what you up to? you working in the am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

:D

how are you Teddy

Not working! Have a physio appointment. Might go to newbridge shopping. Need new clothes! Last day off til Sunday. Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I am spamming the music thread with ALL of the metal when I get home. You philistines make me sick. Except for Fago. He just makes me complete.

Sarky baby did we hurt your feelings! get fago to kiss it better!

Sarky I thought u had taste :(

• Advertisement

Hey, don't knock Fago like that, it's really mean. You're just jealous.

Hey This woman don't do jealous, I can have fago any time I want.

Fago isn't here anymore because i have him wore out. Take THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Take THAT
    oh please....let's not...:(

Started training for triathlon. OMG wrote offfffff. I'll never make fun of fat people again

you say that now, but will you stick to it.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    you say that now, but will you stick to it.

the triathlon? the ...offfffff or never making fun of fat people again?

Stick with training? Absolutely. I love a challenge and I want as little fat on me as possible.

Stick with not ridiculing fatties? Probably not. I hate weak people and have no room for excuses. "Wah wah I have a thyroid problem."

Bull****.

Excuses are for losers and the only one losing is you.

Karma will get you in later life, you will be XXL storm lol

Oh don't say that. Aside from harm coming to my family, I can't think of anything worse.

Sure, I feel sorry for them but like - help yourself for godsake. I see it in dunnes all the time. A quite overweight woman will have a basket with some of the following items.

Weightwatchers bread.
    Double chocolate muffins.
    Weightwatchers ready meals.
    6 packets of walkers.
    Special K.
    A mars bar and a box of pringles.

Weightwatchers are gimmicks. You can eat healthy food and exercise and you don't need to pay someone every week to reassure you that you're still fat. Don't get me wrong, I'm behind anything that helps people achieve a healthier lifestyle -- but selling them sh1te in a box isn't promoting that. It's marketing.

It baffles me that people also allow them become so large you'd think now when you're wedging yourself into a dress that you once used as a tent you'd cop on a bit.

What also annoys me is I'm the horrid bitch for (sensitively) saying yo -- dude. Gym much? In fairness. But if you cast your mind back to the days I patrolled around here with another equally annoying young slob, she always made me feel like crap about my body. She was the one doing weightwatchers with a bmi of 37 and I was the one running every day and going to the gym every day and yet I was the grossly unhealthy one? I was a rake. Nobody finds anorexics attractive. "You're getting your body ready for the beach? You don't have a body." bear in mind she's the one actively trying to lose weight and became some sort of nutritionist once starting weightwatchers. I asked her to come to the gym with me, I'd do HIIT with her, she bit my head off. I asked her to come for a walk - she informed me she was far better at walking than me and would rather do it alone. Ask her to come for a run, a game of tennis, a swim, there was always an excuse.

But yet -- still I was the person with the problem. I had food issues. I had an eating disorder. I was OCD. Only dogs wants bones. Ect.

Tired of her being hurtful, our friendship came to an end when she pulled her nutritional crap on me and made me feel like the most vile person ever. I went and tagged a manatee photo I'd taken in a muesum in New York on facebook as her and she went postal. Deleted me and hasn't spoken to me since.

But there ya go. 3 months after having a child and I'm almost back to myself. 15 months of her on her weightwatchers programme and she still looks like a double decker bus

It's the people who say they are happy with been overweight when you just know it's ****e that annoy me.

• Advertisement

It's funny because malfunctioning thyroids lead to weight gain, loss of energy and depression.

Sarky - for the genuine cases, I completely agree with you.

But as someone who has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (last march), I refuse to believe that it's a valid excuse for a lot of people who use it. I'm also diabetic and am waiting on results that tested for coeliac disease. There are treatments available for people who suffer with hypothyroidism and if anything -- people with that need to be even more careful because you KNOW you're gonna get it harder to keep weight off. Exercise helps depression, as does feeling good about yourself.

People can make all the excuses that they like, but at the end of it they're the ones that are gonna have to live with their choices.

I wouldn't approach an obese person and tell them they looked disgusting. But girls - especially girls - find it acceptable to critize and make slimmer girls feel bad about their bodies. What gives?

It's such a sensitive subject and you don't ever know what's going through that other persons head -- fat or skinny.

That's why I tend to bite my tongue -- and I did for the longest time with that witch -- instead of snapping back.

But yeah -- i find it hard to have any compassion for those weak enough to not even help themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I think something may be involved in this particular situation that has nothing to do with health and well being but should probably not express an opinion because I don't even know who you are speaking about...backs out of room.

Oh that rant about weightwatchers was just that. Blowing off steam about a fat bitch I used to b friends with.

I don't hate ALL fat people. In fact I admire the ones I see in the gym or even tonight at the pool. Good for them not shying away from a challenge and wish them the very best of luck with whatever it is they're trying to achieve.
    Just intolerent of the fatties who try make others feel bad and make excuses for how they choose to live their lives.

Enough of me ranting about that anyway. Hate the smell of chlorine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

I want chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't mess with the zohen!

All for you Matt
    Chocolate.jpg

Deki...do you have any beta or gamma chocolate?

Men are perverts.

You're the one who keeps asking to put it in my bum. I wouldn't be making accusations...

• Advertisement

Sarky Im only human! I'm not like that with everyone, you know. With mere mortals I can restrain myself

Men are perverts.

I know it's great :p

Not so much Sam :(

Men are perverts.

Not all of them - but some are disgusting. Those that are truly disgusting are disgusting in any scenario.

Not so much Sam :(

what's up ?

I mean pervert in a good sexy time way:p

hey deki:)

Hi Sam. i was just thinking about how some men- definitely not all - but how some men do and say the most inappropriate (and disgusting) things when you least expect it - coming way out of left field I mean every girl has met one. You do nothing to lead up to it and don't see it coming. I suppose it must be flasher mentality.

some women are perverts too but I know what you mean.
    how was your day deki?

what is up with boards ? is it just me?

No gave me a 503 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You're manager is not very nice! Hope she/he at least took the names of those clients and banned them.

I got a text from muff

• Advertisement

yep management should show more response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement