Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trimming all sorts...

Options
  • 20-08-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

When is the best time to trim/prune:

Rambling Rose?

Orange blossom?

Box hedging?

Holly?

Also, the person who lived in the house before us planted a rambling rose at the corner of the lawn so it's rambling all over the lawn as it's got nothing else to ramble over...Can I move this? Or should I build a kind of arch thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

mrsbear wrote: »
    When is the best time to trim/prune:

Rambling Rose?

Orange blossom?

Box hedging?

Holly?

Also, the person who lived in the house before us planted a rambling rose at the corner of the lawn so it's rambling all over the lawn as it's got nothing else to ramble over...Can I move this? Or should I build a kind of arch thing?

Pruning:-
    Rose - before Paddy's day next spring.
    Orange Blossom, Box and Holly - any time.

You should be able to move the rose between December and February - give it a good prune first. An arch/arbour might be worthwhile if you like the rose and both are in the right place.:)

Advertisement