Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add wireless PIR to Airtech CS350

Options
  • 20-08-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,
    we have an old (but reliable) CS350. A few nights back someone tried to break in by trying to remove the glass from the frame. As a result I have decided that I need to add a few more infrared sensors to the system.

As the existing system is wired, is it possible to add some wireless sensors to it? DO I need to upgrade the alarm

Also I would like to consider a GSM dialler for this alarm for some self monitoring. Again any info appreciated

Thanks boarders

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It all depends on the amount of zones you have available in your panel. If you have some you could add a quickbridge on to the alarm to add wire free components.

This GSM would also suit your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

a quickbridge or a two channel visonic reciever and pir would work
    The Pyronix gsm is quite good and not too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DazzaMazza

Thanks guys. Great feedback. Much appreciated

Assuming I needed to add 3 wireless PIR's and the wireless loop (I can live without the GSM for a while) what ballpark figure would I be looking at from an alarm company. Apologies, Im new to this stuff and want to avoid getting a bad setup and price

Thanks

Dazza

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome.
    You would need 3 free zones to properly set up the PIRs.
    The quick bridge is about €100, PIRs cost about €60 each.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just thinking at that price , it would be better to add a little more & get a SigNET 100 or a Securewave & just add the wireless devices. They will automatically have their own zone. Much handier as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement