Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grennans or Connaught Gold Weanling meal

• 20-08-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

I see Connaught Gold with an offer at the moment buy 10 bags aof weanling meal and get 1 free, works out at around €8 per bag I hear. Is this a better meal than Grennans Super Weanling Crunch which I understand can be bought for €7.50 per bag or less maybe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Tomjim wrote: »
    I see Connaught Gold with an offer at the moment buy 10 bags aof weanling meal and get 1 free, works out at around €8 per bag I hear. Is this a better meal than Grennans Super Weanling Crunch which I understand can be bought for €7.50 per bag or less maybe

Look at the protein percentage is what I say. The stuff I use is 16/17% I think. But it is the nuts, so I don't know much about meal percentages :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Tomjim wrote: »

using grennans there last few weeks, happy enough, calves seem to like anyway,think its 16% , got it for 7.25 a bag, no experience of the connaght gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Have tried both and preferred Conn Gold but I would reckon Stewarts Weanling Xtra is a better job. Have it on the go at the moment and they love it. No sunflower etc fillers that are fairly useless, its 16% protein and 11 energy. Good all rounder and priced well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭fatoftheland

the best thing to do is put up the labels of both or ask teagasc which is nutritionally the best. you need to see cereal first on the label maize barley etc and high quality proteins next soya rape or distillers you dont want sunflower or cottonseed etc at all. citrus soyahulls are nutritionally good to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Tuam Mart Store have a great weanling ration, can be bought bulk bag it yourself, free bags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement