Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statements

Options
  • 20-08-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know if I can request a bank statement for a specific dates?

I recently switched from BOI to Ulster Bank just this week and applied for a loan. I had to have three months clear statements from my last account, ( as in no unpaid fees or the like ) and I did. But I completely forgot to move my credit union direct debit when I moved my wages to my new account so I think there may be an unpaid fee on it now! ! The fee will probably be dated for the 19 Aug, if I could ask for a statement for selective days this would be really good, or do to they issue them up until your last transaction on the account?

Also on a side note for anyone considering switching accounts, Ulster Bank have been really helpful and the girls I've dealt with in the branch were very nice and genuinely seemed they wanted to help me. Really good service in comparison to BOI I find.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

So you going to try and hide the missed payment?

Dont worry, it's a simple mistake and one that you've a valid reason. No need to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 niamhsiobhan

I doubt they will see it as a genuine mistake will they? Maybe they will, it's not like the funds to pay the direct debit didn't exist, they just weren't in the right account I suppose. I could just try explaining it.

I'm just very desperate for this loan, it's for a course I really want to do. if I don't get it, it means wasting another year doing nothing productive waiting for Sept to come round again.:(

Thanks for replying anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 over30

Does anyone know if I can request a bank statement for a specific dates?

I recently switched from BOI to Ulster Bank just this week and applied for a loan. I had to have three months clear statements from my last account, ( as in no unpaid fees or the like ) and I did. But I completely forgot to move my credit union direct debit when I moved my wages to my new account so I think there may be an unpaid fee on it now! ! The fee will probably be dated for the 19 Aug, if I could ask for a statement for selective days this would be really good, or do to they issue them up until your last transaction on the account?

Also on a side note for anyone considering switching accounts, Ulster Bank have been really helpful and the girls I've dealt with in the branch were very nice and genuinely seemed they wanted to help me. Really good service in comparison to BOI I find.

yes you can ask for specific dates. you will be charged for duplicate statements i think about 10 euro each. i would expect the ulster bank will make allowances for the oversight about your direct debit but tbh bank of ireland should have discussed your direct debits with you when you decided to move your account. good luck with getting loan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well it sounds like the op did the switch themselves rather than use the switcher service, so it's not boi fault.

Do not hid the missed payment, UB will look at the dates and will spot it. Explain what happened, one error is not the end of the world.

As for a loan, it's unusual to give a loan to a new account holder. Normally at least six months banking is needed. No doubt they'll cover off looking at everythingnand make an informed decision on it.

Have you switched to UB to apply for a loan?

I actually did the switch myself because all I had was my wages to change and the credit union dd. UB told me it would be just as quick to do it myself because I've only two things working from the account, so it is my fault.

I changed to UB because I just didn't have any good experiences with BOI, I'd been with them since I was fifteen so it was time for a change. I was very surprised when UB even entertained me when I applied for the loan, which is why I don't want to mess it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

We did something similar a few months ago, didn't realise the date and usually cleared the credit card before payment was due. Forgot this one month and it took the min amount (€12) from my current a/c which due to me no longer working and not using that account had only €11.50 in it. So missed dd on credit card, current account and all associated interests, cost about €30 in all. But the funds were always there in a different account. Unfortunately for us this all happened 2 months before a mortgage application and all statements sent in with the application showed it. However, a simple note explaining what happened seemed to be sufficient and nothing more was said about it and we got the mortgage.

f9710145 wrote: »
    We did something similar a few months ago, didn't realise the date and usually cleared the credit card before payment was due. Forgot this one month and it took the min amount (€12) from my current a/c which due to me no longer working and not using that account had only €11.50 in it. So missed dd on credit card, current account and all associated interests, cost about €30 in all. But the funds were always there in a different account. Unfortunately for us this all happened 2 months before a mortgage application and all statements sent in with the application showed it. However, a simple note explaining what happened seemed to be sufficient and nothing more was said about it and we got the mortgage.

Can I ask who you bank with? Good bit of difference between a personal loan and a mortgage, and if you got your mortgage maybe there's hope for me yet! I've to go talk to somebody on Tues about the application, so we'll see then.

Thanks all for posting, feel a little more at ease now!:)

Advertisement