Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about Douglas..

Options
  • 20-08-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Im moving to Douglas next week and I am just wondering what supermarkets are in Douglas?

And also is there a local gym/swimming pool?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

rose23 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Im moving to Douglas next week and I am just wondering what supermarkets are in Douglas?

And also is there a local gym/swimming pool?

Loads of supermarkets... Dunnes, Tesco and Marks & Sparks Foodhall.With regard to gym/swimming pool Rochestown Park Hotel would be nearest to you.

Be sure and try out KC for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

Perfect thanks foor that!

Your the 4th person on here to tell me about that takeaway.. i must try it out so!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

There is a
    Dunnes Stores,
    Next,
    Cummins Sports,
    Sam McCauley,
    Boots,
    Art and Hobby,
    O'Brien's Sandwich Shop,
    Carraig Donn,
    The Butchers Block,
    Vision Express,
    New look,
    Esprit,
    GameStop,
    Porters,
    Peter Marks,
    Vodafone,
    Meteor,
    Costa Coffee,
    Tesco Extra,
    Maxi zoo,
    Mcdonalds,
    Gate Cinema,
    ALDI.
    Close drive to Mahon point Using the N25. With other major retailers. Such as Debenhams, River Island,etc There is also a retail park with B&Q, Argos,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is also a supervalue in Grange, (5 minutes drive from the village and possibly closer if you are living up that direction)

there is a public pool in douglas, a cinema, loads of pubs, restaurants, take aways...etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tescos in Douglas is a dump OP. There was a thread here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

grange super valu is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

The only thing I reckon that we do not have in Douglas is an undertakers. We have to go up to Templehill for that.

In fairness Douglas has to be the best serviced suburb of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rockyb23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Douglas is huge. Any particular area? The bit by Nemo is pretty scummy as a rule, but just around the corner you have some of the poshest parts of cork. Same goes for rochestown. Depends where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

I ended up getting a place in Maryborough.. loving Douglas so far! Lovely place :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement