Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall Personal Statement/Essay

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭thysol

I just wrote stuff that I live in Donegal and would be lost in Dublin if I didn't get a place in Trinity Hall. Also wrote that I'd like to be together with Trinity students. I then wrote about some achievements and my hobbies, and that was it. Under 1000 characters.

I didn't get what I wanted but at least I got a place at all. If it helps I can post my wee essay I wrote. Maybe more people should post what they wrote so that maybe if you look at the big picture people can see what to say and what not to say to get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

hello :) ive just got an offer from halls! :) delighted :) a little expensive but think its worth it for the first year?? :) i applied for a single in cunningham and ive been offered a 'twin ensuite'? and its 4246.10e? and the website says single is 4231.16, should a twin not be cheaper? ..please help :) im happy to share just want to make sure theres no mistake? :)
    Single in cunningham is 4595.43
    Single modern is 5526.69
    Twin modern is 4246.01

You either need to a) add better, or b) include utilities!
    http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/StudentsandStaff/Students/TrinityHall/Rates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mikejones100

I just got accepted for twin accommodation and i put down on my application single. Is there anyway of changing? Or has anyone changed in the past who knows? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eputsca

I just got accepted for twin accommodation and i put down on my application single. Is there anyway of changing? Or has anyone changed in the past who knows? Thanks

Same thing happened to me, bloody random selection. Rang them up this morning, your only options really are to choose someone you want to room with to make it easier, or move to a single in cunningham around october/november when the rooms become free again with people leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Did you accept the first offer?
    If not, you could decline, and try a 2nd round application, then see if you get something different?

This is what the Warden's Site says:
    Applications received before 5pm on Friday the 2nd of September will be considered for the second round of offers for places in Hall. Successful applicants will be notified by email before 7pm on Tuesday the 6th. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

The choice that you make is what you would ideally like. That's not always what you'll get though. It's in the terms you sign up for when you apply. You could always just drive your roommate nuts until he/she gives up and asks to be separated from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭thysol

Groinshot wrote: »
    You could always just drive your roommate nuts until he/she gives up and asks to be separated from you!

I doubt thats the best way to deal with it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yellowflowers

Thankyou:) ..maths isnt my thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I didnt get trinty halls this year, someone told me that after round 1 there was still 700 places left but there was only about 100 numbers on round 2, what Re the chances of me getting in? Is there anything I can do?

Advertisement