Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo places in galway

Options
  • 21-08-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend some good tattoo shops in Galway? I've heard great things about Victor Tattoo, has anyone had work done there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

ravenink wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good tattoo shops in Galway? I've heard great things about Victor Tattoo, has anyone had work done there??

Theres one on dominic street i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There are like 1000 threads for Galway shops.
    Search around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

AWOL is good as well in my opinion

There's G's (formerly Metalworks) on Shop Street, in beside the Army & Navy Store, Inkfingers down the opposite road from CPs (you take the opposite turn at Powells/the Four Corners - can't remember for the life of me what the name of the road is!), Tattoo on Prospect Hill (though that may have shut down? I'm not entirely sure! The same people that now operate G's owned Tattoo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wally2603

Got one done in Inkfingers recently on abbeygate street just off shop street and they were very good and were recommended to me by loads of people. Victor Tattoo are just as popular aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 yvonnel21

Ive gotten tattoos from victors and inkfingers.. :) They both have brilliant artists. I'd recommend either of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I got mien done by Aengus in AWOL and I highly recommend him, great artist and great guy as well. Have friends who have work by him as well and they think the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MrsCreepers

I go to Galway Bay Tattoo. They're great!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Bay-Tattoo/122092834512325

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

<snip!>
    Shill post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I'd say find the artist and not the studio.

Sean Ricketts and Joe wescott in ink fingers(both have work on the ink fingers custom tattoo Facebook page) they cater for whatever your into, neither has a particular style that you can see emerging from their work yet(in my opinion) but thus dies mean you kind if free to bring them the tattoo you want and be pretty sure your going to get it the way you see it on your example work. Good prices to.

Victor himself from victor tattoo is one of the best in Galway. His people portraits are insane, and for a delicate subject that kind of accuracy is very important, again he has a style but I think he carries out more work that he's given over that such represents his particular style. Jeff from victors has a very unique style present in everything he does and is getting a pretty cool name for himself in that regard. He doesn't waiver that style but people know what he's up to and go to him for a piece of that.

Stephen and Nancy in Galway bay tattoo are both fantastic. Nancy has a very effeminate style and general subject matter, female figures and portraits, flowers and orange decoration, but I saw a very evil full back piece done over a few months that just blew my mind and really showed a much broader skill set. Stephen is extremely skilled to, among the best animal portraits going but a very open ended style capable of a very wide range of high detail and picture perfect portrait work.

This is all just my own opinion and should be considered as such art and tattoos is viewed differently from person to person, it's very hard to decide who's work is better than the next but I think you need to find a style that you like. Personally all my favourite artists live in Poland but Galway has a very high standard, not least dictated by the artists I've mentioned above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement