Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
  • 21-08-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭

I have been asked to organise a Halloween night out in Dublin, with fancy dress, for about 30/40 people.

I was wondering two things, does anybody have a good suggestion as to the best venue to go to? And secondly, October 31st is a monday this year, does anybody know which night is most likely to have all the crowds out also dressed up? The Sunday night? The monday night?

Best answers get a cookie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bit early to organise yet tbh. And I'd say a lot of places will open the Monday to accomdate Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Maybe a bit early, but we usually leave a lot of lead time to give people loads of notice its actually happening.

On the other point, I know places will probably be open on the Monday, but with people working, what night is likely to have the best crowd? We arent students, so the Monday night is out, but there is no point being the only ones out on the sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I have been asked to organise a Halloween night out in Dublin, with fancy dress, for about 30/40 people.

I was wondering two things, does anybody have a good suggestion as to the best venue to go to? And secondly, October 31st is a monday this year, does anybody know which night is most likely to have all the crowds out also dressed up? The Sunday night? The monday night?

Best answers get a cookie.

Saturday night will be the best.

Cookie please thank you.

amdublin wrote: »
    Saturday night will be the best.

Cookie please thank you.

Are you sure you are not just trying to get me standing at the bar in a Big Bird costume on the saturday night, while everybody else is wearing their regular clothes?

Are you sure you are not just trying to get me standing at the bar in a Big Bird costume on the saturday night, while everybody else is wearing their regular clothes?

Ha ha! :D

No honestly not.

Chocolate chip cookie please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Not sure what night its actually on this year off the top of my head but they usually have a showing of the Rocky Horror picture show in the Sugar Club a couple of times a year but the Halloween one is always the most crazy one, and the people who don't show up in fancy dress are the ones that look strange as people go all out for this. Its always a good laugh.

Where's my cookie :mad:

amdublin wrote: »
    Where's my cookie :mad:

I sent it, check your browser.

Advertisement