Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet (non wifi) on blackberry storm 2

Options
  • 21-08-2011 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi guys.

im trying to set up my internet on my blackberry storm 2. Im currently on a smart plan on meteor, 2 gig data, so hooking up to the net shouldnt be a problem?

only i cant seem to find out how? i can hook up through the wifi but how do i sort this out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Package wrote: »
    hi guys.

im trying to set up my internet on my blackberry storm 2. Im currently on a smart plan on meteor, 2 gig data, so hooking up to the net shouldnt be a problem?

only i cant seem to find out how? i can hook up through the wifi but how do i sort this out?

You need BIS add on to get it working. Simply having internet on the phone doesnt work for blackberry :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

oh really?

jasus,,,

do you need that to set up an email account? or can you just go through wifi.

when i try to set up an account, it doesnt give me the option,, only for a blackberry enterprise service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

you have to have BIS provisioned which will then allow you to register the device and add email accounts to your blackberry. Once active you can receive email via the network or over wifi. What network are you with?

with metor,, ill ring blackberry and get them to do it? or does meteor do it for me?

bit of a pain already paying a hefty bill with meteor for the net, now having to pay blackberry on top

ring metoer and ask them to add it to your account. If you're pre pay follow these instructions:

To opt in

This can be done by free texting the word ‘My blackberry’’ to 50104. Meteor will send a welcome message and request to top up €9.99 to activate the service.

Upon top up you will receive a confirmation text that €9.99 has been deducted from your credit and the Blackberry® service is available on your account.

• Advertisement

its 9:99? per month?

im on bill pay

The charge for the Service is a monthly charge of €4.99 (the ‘Charge’), which Charge applies in respect of all data transmitted or received using the Service. A monthly data limit of 2GB applies to the Service. If the Customer exceeds this limit, standard Meteor data rates apply.

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_billpay/

oh right, cool thanks,, tell me this,, can i just sign up month by month?

I think so as it's just an add-on

Advertisement