Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which steak

Options
  • 21-08-2011 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Planning on going out for dinner soon to a primarily steak restaurant. Just wondering which of these steaks would be tastier? Not knowing too much about steak myself but want to splash out on somethin nice

Wagyu, SE Queensland premium beef, marble score of 5+ grain fed, aged min 28 days Rump (350g) *48

Black Angus, Vic Premium Gippsland, cereal & grain fed aged min 50 days Eye fillet (350g) *66

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Slunk wrote: »
    Planning on going out for dinner soon to a primarily steak restaurant. Just wondering which of these steaks would be tastier? Not knowing too much about steak myself but want to splash out on somethin nice

Wagyu, SE Queensland premium beef, marble score of 5+ grain fed, aged min 28 days Rump (350g) *48

Black Angus, Vic Premium Gippsland, cereal & grain fed aged min 50 days Eye fillet (350g) *66

Fillet FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

where are you going?

I'm dying to try wagyu steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Slunk wrote: »

Jaysus where are you eating out????

I'd go for the Rump, More flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jaysus where are you eating out????

I'd go for the Rump, More flavour
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

All depends on the chef/restaurant OP in terms of how well they cook/treat it....I see you're melbourne based so not sure what's good over there

I'd say Wagyu on the basis that over here at least, you can get Angus beef in butchers but can't recall seen Wagyu available-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Think ill go for the rump. Thanks for the advice :) if its worth the fifty bucks ill go back and try something different too. Just paying that money i want something quite good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd say they are both excellant tbh

Advertisement