Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Hotel advice

Options
  • 21-08-2011 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I have friends coming over from the states in february to visit dublin for 1 week.. They are a couple just the 2 of them.They are looking for a nice hotel to stay in for 6 or 7 nights. They require one that is close enough to the city centre

Ive done some lookin around on various hotel sites but there so many and ive no experience with any hotels as ive never had to use any,im wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding nice hotels they may have stayed in or know of?? something in the budget of 50 - 85 euro per night is what they are after

id appreciate any info on this subject and i can go into further details if anymore is needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

The Arlington is just off O'Connell street, have stayed there a couple of times and it's grand, there's a bit of entertainment in the bar in the evenings, music and Irish dancing, and you should be able to get room rates within your budget if you look around the web. Rooms are good value and have everything you need. Would recommend it. Good luck.

http://www.arlington.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Hey guys

I have friends coming over from the states in february to visit dublin for 1 week.. They are a couple just the 2 of them.They are looking for a nice hotel to stay in for 6 or 7 nights. They require one that is close enough to the city centre

Ive done some lookin around on various hotel sites but there so many and ive no experience with any hotels as ive never had to use any,im wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding nice hotels they may have stayed in or know of?? something in the budget of 50 - 85 euro per night is what they are after

id appreciate any info on this subject and i can go into further details if anymore is needed

Trinity Capital on Pearse Street is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

flutegirl wrote: »
    The Arlington is just off O'Connell street, have stayed there a couple of times and it's grand, there's a bit of entertainment in the bar in the evenings, music and Irish dancing, and you should be able to get room rates within your budget if you look around the web. Rooms are good value and have everything you need. Would recommend it. Good luck.

http://www.arlington.ie/index.html

thanks for the reply

the arlington seems a little bit more expensive though

the prices are 138 euro friday nights, 138 euro saturday nights and 89 euro for the other nights for a double room..its just a little bit too pricey but it does look beautifull and the irish dancing shows with dinner look like good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

CyberJuice wrote: »
    thanks for the reply

the arlington seems a little bit more expensive though

the prices are 138 euro friday nights, 138 euro saturday nights and 89 euro for the other nights for a double room..its just a little bit too pricey but it does look beautifull and the irish dancing shows with dinner look like good fun

Was that on their own website :eek:? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the site we booked through :o (will post back when I do) but we didn't pay anywhere near that. Keep watching the prices. If they're not staying until Feb a good time to get excellent rates is just after Christmas.

Another hotel which is reasonable and good value, have stayed there, is the d4 hotels (Ballsbridge Inn) but not sure if that's too far away, it's along from the RDS and just behind the Aviva stadium.

http://www.d4hotels.ie/

Indication of prices for Feb in the Ballsbridge Inn

http://www.avvio.com/hotels/Ballsbridge_Inn/bookings/client.php?__utma=1.396266384.1310328146.1313970189.1313971467.14&__utmb=1.2.10.1313971467&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1313970189.13.13.utmcsr=google|utmgclid=CIyF2KL_1qoCFQoe4QodE1xY8g|utmccn=(not%20set)|utmcmd=(not%20set)|utmctr=ballsbridge%20inn%20reviews&__utmv=-&__utmk=16995513

Good luck with the search. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Sooopie wrote: »

I will second this, stayed a couple of nights there in May and it was great, lovely breakfast too.
    The hotel has a real boutique feel, very quirky, staff were really nice also.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Some epic blatant backlinking!
    Whoever paid you for SEO is sure getting cost effective values :pac:

flutegirl wrote: »
    Was that on their own website :eek:? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the site we booked through :o (will post back when I do) but we didn't pay anywhere near that. Keep watching the prices. If they're not staying until Feb a good time to get excellent rates is just after Christmas.
    :)

thanks again for the replies guys

Yeah i went to their own website,i wasnt aware that it might be cheaper to book it from some other website,i dont have any experience with booking anyting online,ill keep an eye out for that link if u can remember where you booked from.would realy like that hotel if the price can be brought down. can wait till after christmas to book it if the prices will be cheaper,dont really need it booked untill 5 or 6 weeks before they arrive.

Sooopie wrote: »

this hotel also looks beautifull,ive had a look around their website.is there any sites that you can book from which wil lgive a cheaper price than the offical hotel website?

Advertisement