Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

:D Dear mister and missus ....my parents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Merged I'd assume.
    Indeed.
    AdamD wrote: »
    So Randy's a girl? Did not expect.
    0_o

Neither did Randy! >_>
    *Glares at Randy*
    Glare off! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Deirds

A193 wrote: »
    I could puke. Literally. I have visions of my course, Art in LSAD being below the points I have but still not getting a place. I have LC points and FETAC points, one being way under the cut off, the other way above, i can just see something happening. Someone reassure me. :/
    Finally another Art student! I hope to go to LSAD as well (applied for Crawford CIT as well but don't wanna go there at all). I'm so stressed now over this now because the points have gone up so much each year so there's no way of knowing you know? :( hope you get what you want any ways. I'm not sure how the fetac points work now to be honest sorry I'm no help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Nah was reading through last years thread and it turns out that she is indeed a she

Ehhhh Nah! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Nah was reading through last years thread and it turns out that she is indeed a she

:eek:

I thought I remember seeing him/her post a story about how he/she got his/her name and it seemed like he/she (lol) was a he!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Science at UCD up 20 points.
    Medicine everywhere has risen.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0822/cao.html

Glare off! :p

I'll fight ya! The circle of trust will fight ya for the right to .... *par-taaaaaaaaay*

***(please dont hurt me)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

omgg its not even 1 yet...i need to start watching some movies r something..my friend who came over for moral support is already passed out snoring :/ grrreat help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Damn it...

Pharmacy it is then (Unless the points drop significantly for round 2/3).

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

LC2010HIS wrote: »

:D Dear mister and missus ....my parents

What a tragic soul Harry is. You have a lot to answer for, Voldemort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

please, for the love of actual decent literature, stop with the harry potter tripe

:eek:

I thought I remember seeing him/her post a story about how he/she got his/her name and it seemed like he/she (lol) was a he!

WTF! How dare you speak of the dark lords gender!?!?!

I am a she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CreamyPies

Took a drive down to Tesco, asked girl for the paper,
    she laughed and said ''come back later'',
    I said ''i'll wait''.
    She got freaked out ,now im currently sitting in my car with laptop keeping me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    please, for the love of actual decent literature, stop with the harry potter tripe

Blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LynnFitz

oh dear lord why did the threads merge...

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

24/7 Leaving Cert party happening in somewhere called Green Square, Tripoli, might go down is that near St.Stephen's green? Live coverage on sky news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Science at UCD up 20 points.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0822/cao.html

YOU BEAUTIFUL SON OF A BITCH, I GOT SCIENCE IN UCD!!!!!!

Holy ****, I'm so happy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

CreamyPies wrote: »
    she laughed and said come back later,
    I said i'll wait.
    She got freaked out now currently sitting in my car with laptop keeping me warm.

Dedication :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There's quite a lot of points here:
    A BIG change in course preference has emerged among students with the publication of today’s initial round of Central Applications Office offers for third-level courses.
    CAO points required for entry to courses in science, technology and agriculture have increased dramatically, as students opt for programmes with better job prospects.
    The points needed for courses in arts and business, the main pillars of the system for 20 years, are in decline.
    Conversely, science and computer courses, which struggled to attract students during the Celtic Tiger years, are booming. In the most striking trend, the requirement for entry to science at UCD is up again this year to 455. Five years ago students could gain entry to this programme with fewer than 300 points.
    The requirement for science courses has increased. At Trinity College Dublin it is up 15 to 475. At NUI Maynooth it is up 10 to 375 and in Galway up 20 to 370. At Dublin City University it is up 25 to 440.
    The same upward pattern is evident for courses in computer science, up 35 in UCD to 410, up 30 in Trinity to 385 and up 15 in UCC.
    In contrast, many high-achieving students are deserting arts amid concern about graduate unemployment. At UCD the requirement for first-year arts, the largest undergraduate course in the Republic with more than 1,200 places, is down 10 to 355.
    The points required for arts courses are down 15 in NUI Galway to 340, one of the lowest requirements for a higher-level arts degree in years.
    This year’s trends show how the system is struggling to keep pace with student demand. Courses in science and technology account for only about 21 per cent of all higher-degree first-preference applications. By contrast, more than 42 per cent of applications are for courses in arts/social science and business.
    The points needed for many engineering courses did not increase, despite strong demand. Many require a C3 or higher in higher-level maths, but only 16 per cent of Leaving Cert students took this option.
    Other main trends of first-round offers include:
    * Teaching – after years during which points have moved upward, the requirement is unchanged at St Patrick’s Drumcondra. It is slightly down at Marino and at Mary Immaculate College. The points required for courses in early childhood education are also substantially down.
    * Agriculture – the points requirement has increased dramatically, reflecting the 27 per cent surge in demand for courses.
    * Business – while these courses were popular during the boom years, their popularity is declining. The points needed for broad-based business courses at UCD, UCC and NUI Galway are all down. Points for business, economics and social studies at TCD are unchanged.
    * Medicine – the points requirement for undergraduate medicine is up again, but graduate entry requirements for medicine are down. Trinity is up 10 to 741, Royal College of Surgeons is also up 10 to 733, UCD is up 13 to 738 and NUI Galway and UCC are up nine to 729 and 734.
    CAO points: T he general trend

WHAT’S UP
    Science
    Computer science
    Engineering
    Multimedia
    Medicine and related
    Nursing
    Agriculture
    Sports and exercise
    Psychology
    Business with languages
    WHAT’S DOWN/UNCHANGED
    Broad-based Arts courses
    Broad-based business courses
    Journalism
    Law
    Teaching

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/0822/1224302808028.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    Harry Potter's a wonderful series. There's nothing that isn't "actual" or "decent" about it.

That said, I've got to say the whole "Harry Potter in the CAO thread" thing has gone on a few posts too far.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

CreamyPies wrote: »
    she laughed and said ''come back later'',
    I said ''i'll wait''.
    She got freaked out ,now im currently sitting in my car with laptop keeping me warm.

You're an absolute hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

randy.. is... a .. SHE?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Reckon Medicine and Teaching points will drop by a little bit, as will Law and Architecture. . . based on my friends and year group alone, I can see a massive rise in Science and Engineering points. . .BIS in UCC is very popular also, that will climb points, as will most computer science and technology courses, Arts might also rise a bit, but its hard to predict. . .reckon Commerce will stay relatively steady. . .

All just predictions now. . .be interesting to see what they are like in a few hours time. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

I am a she.

Lol I was talking about Randy :p

I am a she.

Babes they weren't talking about you! :L

BRENDAN_F IS A MUGGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

So is journalism down or unchanged?:confused:

randy.. is... a .. SHE?! :eek:

All these posts make me lol! :pac:

He's She's all woman! :P

Also, LC2010HIS are you high?! :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

bythewoods wrote: »
    There's quite a lot of points here:

WHAT’S DOWN/UNCHANGED
    Broad-based Arts courses
    Broad-based business courses
    Journalism
    Law
    Teaching

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/0822/1224302808028.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

That's basically everything I'm interested in, but I wanted the points for Journalism to rise so I wouldn't get it. *Not sure what smiley suits this odd situation...*

Also, I'm completely confused by all of this Harry Potter craic :confused: Massive fan of the books and all that goes with it but was not following that thread!

Advertisement