Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Donegal1993

Any word on LC102?? Im 5 points off last year! AHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Think I'll watch a film and come back to the thread!

Any recommendations? :D

Anything with Will Ferrel in it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Think I'll watch a film and come back to the thread!

Any recommendations? :D

Lord of the rings. Over 3 hours long - it'll be time to get your CAO offer before you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

ah noooooooooooo missed computer science in UCD by 10 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

Lads can anyone else not get over the surge in med

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I really really hope the points for English and History in UL go down by 20 and the Languages, Literature and Film in UL stay the same..Fingers crossed!

Surprised no one's recommended Harry Potter or Mean Girls yet... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Nulzy wrote: »

Well I suppose a lot of people expected it with the rise in hpat scores :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was sort of expecting it.

Strangely enough, i'm not too annoyed. As i've been saying all year, i'd be equally thrilled with Pharmacy so hopefully i'll get that.

On a side note, my points estimation system that you guys were slagging a few days ago estimated TCD's points spot on and was only 1 point off for UCD :D

Sarah? wrote: »
    Surprised no one's recommended Harry Potter or Mean Girls yet... :pac:

Harry Potter was my first thought but thought I'd be bombarded by the angry anti Harry Potter mob. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maria1992

I really hope BIS in UCC doesnt go up more than 30 points! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

*officially confused*

So...teaching has gone down. But science has gone up.

Where does that leave Science Teaching? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This thread is far less scary when you're not waiting on points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

Violafy wrote: »
    Harry Potter was my first thought but thought I'd be bombarded by the angry anti Harry Potter mob. :mad:

Harry Potter? Pfff.... So low brow.

Tom Riddle is much more attractive... :cool:

Conor108 wrote: »
    This thread is far less scary when you're not waiting on points

So true. I'm just here to annoy others with my Harry Potter obsession for the craic. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

No sign of the paper yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Strangely enough, i'm not too annoyed. As i've been saying all year, i'd be equally thrilled with Pharmacy so hopefully i'll get that.

On a side note, my points estimation system that you guys were slagging a few days ago estimated TCD's points spot on and was only 1 point off for UCD :D
    I have to admit, while I reckoned the results coming up weren't far off, I thought they were a tad high. It's been more accurate than I expected!

Probably partly because all the medabees seem to flock to boards though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Aragneer wrote: »
    I really really hope the points for English and History in UL go down by 20 and the Languages, Literature and Film in UL stay the same..Fingers crossed!

I seriously hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MichOS

Anyone know points for standard general nursing, UCC, UCD and TCD? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

Hahaha well done!!! Ya i knew it would go up..but not by that much.. i was thinking 7 points absolute max. Lik trinity up 10? Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hahaha well done!!! Ya i knew it would go up..but not by that much.. i was thinking 7 points absolute max. Lik trinity up 10? Crazy
    RCSI flying up by 13 was a real shocker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Michael_E wrote: »
    *officially confused*

Confused? >_>

Oenone wrote: »
    Harry Potter? Pfff.... So low brow.

Tom Riddle is much more attractive... :cool:

Riddle is a bit too perfect for my liking tbh. His Voldemort counterpart, on the other hand... :pac:
    Seriously though, Malfoy is where it's at. Daniel Radcliffe is repulsive tbh.

Michael_E wrote: »
    *officially confused*

Hm, no idea, but I'd guess it might have gone up a little or remained the same. Science ones are probably going up more than teaching ones are coming down.

Just realised nursing is going up, bad times for a lot of people I know. Kind of an obvious one to go up though seeing as it's sciencey/medical one.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Conor108 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have got my course if I did the LC this year. I feel like I've dodged a bullet somehow
    I'm in the same position. Thank jaysus I skipped fourth year.

Best of luck to everyone expecting their offers. I remember this day last year I was going on a holiday in Moscow. I didn't sleep all night and spammed F5 on last year's equivalent of this thread until my flight. I stupidly took my laptop with me on holiday. The minute I got out of the airport and into a coach, I used a hella slow USB wireless internet thing to log into the CAO website and accept my offer. I was so excited about it. Looking back at it, I could have just relaxed and went to sleep. Only my sleeping pattern was knocked off through the course of the summer so I would have done it either way.
    I'll stop rambling now. I hope those of you who are going for UCD Science do get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Violafy wrote: »
    Riddle is a bit too perfect for my liking tbh. His Voldemort counterpart, on the other hand... :pac:
    Seriously though, Malfoy is where it's at. Daniel Radcliffe is repulsive tbh.

Malfoy would get it.

Just sayin

Does anyone know anything about Froebel? My friend got 5 points short of what was needed last year - and teaching is apparently on the decline, so hopefully she'll somehow manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

hi all, i hope you all get what you want/need(you know what i mean) after 5/6 years in school for us possibly 7 years if you did ty and repeated i hope you all get what you want and deserve. oh any word on computer science in ucc i'm too tipsy/drunk to research properly thanks *insert feckin silly drunk face trying to make a smile*

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Malfoy would get it.

Just sayin

I'd slytherin to bed with him anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Barrt2 wrote: »
    hi all, i hope you all get what you want/need(you know what i mean) after 5/6 years in school for us possibly 7 years if you did ty and repeated i hope you all get what you want and deserve. oh any word on computer science in ucc i'm too tipsy/drunk to research properly thanks *insert feckin silly drunk face trying to make a smile*

Up by 15 points

Advertisement