Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

OMFG!

I LOVE ye.. Ye're amazing! :eek:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:D

Ye've made my day!

Feeling like god right now so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

GSI wrote: »
    Lads. If I took a year out because I decided not to take an offered coarse this year, could I reapply to the cao next year with my same points from this year?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Barrt2 wrote: »
    its Not Win gardi-um no livi-o-sa its WIn GArdu Um LEvy Oo sa ;)

She's a nightmare, honestly... No wonder she hasn't got any friends! (sorry :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Lads. If I took a year out because I decided not to take an offered coarse this year, could I reapply to the cao next year with my same points from this year?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Oenone wrote: »
    I also would like to know about English in Trinity :(
    Good luck!

You going for straight English or combining? Best of luck, the talk of Arts coming down across the board should bode well for us..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Ugh.... anyone appealing subjects now that theyve an idea of the points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

ciano1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the points for Hogwarts are gone up this year? I'm getting a bit worried! :o

As far as I know, it's only Durmstrang that's increasing the points - whereas Beauxbatons seem to be accepting even Squibs nowadays o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

CREAMY PIES!!

Any luck with that newspaper yet??

Ash_M wrote: »
    You going for straight English or combining? Best of luck, the talk of Arts coming down across the board should bode well for us..

Actually both :p

However, I think my combined course is rather out of bounds, unless I get some subjects rechecked - so going for straight English Studies now.

I'm hoping and hoping...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Enough Harry Potter!!

It's not everyone's cup of butterbeer! :p

There's a whole HP forum!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

flyaway. wrote: »
    Yep.

Thanks. Think that's what il have to do.

Can't believe it:( can't believe

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fergisimo

Enough Harry Potter!!

Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

this suspense is killllling meeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

:O Just realised one of my friends got their first choice in NUIG. She'll be doing Med!

My boyfriend got 733 for UCC Med so that's just one point below 734 (this year). Hopefully he gets it on the second round! He definitely has it in NUIG/RCSI. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Barrt, I'll slap you in a minute! :p

R.

did a mod edit this and not say? if so he/she just mind fecked me does not often happen so fair play :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mmmuir

As far as I know, it's only Durmstrang that's increasing the points - whereas Beauxbatons seem to be accepting even Squibs nowadays o_O

Beauxbatons is a highly prestigious establishment. No need to call us squibs jut because we're out in the country a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Enough Harry Potter!!

"Expecto Pa-"

*puts down wand*

I cant do it to randy! Hes just like me....our genders are secret...

we folks need to stick together!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Wow, I'm actually happy that this thread has a bit of light-hearted banter within it. Back in 2009, it was an intense, suspense-driven bucket of nervous laughter and scowls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CreamyPies

Vodkat wrote: »
    CREAMY PIES!!

Any luck with that newspaper yet??

Not yet, I drove off will go back down around 3,don't think they'll be out any sooner!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Barrt2 wrote: »
    its Not Win gardi-um no livi-o-sa its WIn GArdu Um LEvy Oo sa ;)

Nah dude, she was one step ahead of you. the spell you quoted is to make things rise. She, was doing the counteracting spell so as to not make the points rise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Actually both :p

However, I think my combined course is rather out of bounds, unless I get some subjects rechecked - so going for straight English Studies now.

I'm hoping and hoping...

Which combination? I wish English was something you hear about, but it's just so often in Arts you never hear if the points have changed in general or not :(

My last 2 posts disappeared :confused:

Odd! :( I keep having to scroll up the screen. It's confusing me in my slightly drunken state :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

CreamyPies wrote: »
    Not yet, I drove off will go back down around 3,don't think they'll be out any sooner!!:mad:

Okay, im going to rely on you for checking my points, if i dont fall asleep!! That ok?? :):)

Ash_M wrote: »
    Which combination? I wish English was something you hear about, but it's just so often in Arts you never hear if the points have changed in general or not :(

Well, my CAO form goes as follows;

English Lit/Greek
    English Lit/ Philosophy
    English Studies

(then lots of variations of English at Trinity :p)

I agree with you. I keep having to specify - quite irately - to my friends, that I have in fact chosen a specific degree, and not Arts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

meathawk wrote: »
    Wow, I'm actually happy that this thread has a bit of light-hearted banter within it. Back in 2009, it was an intense, suspense-driven bucket of nervous laughter and scowls.
    I know what you mean, and tbh, I personally don't mind HP.

But it's pissing people off because it's got out of hand, so can we take it elsewhere please?

That's my third time to ask nicely, btw.

I'm doing that one eyed squinty form of writing when you've been drinking :P
    I just left a houseparty with a bunch of friends to go home and do this!

Oh god, i've only been here a few minutes and the suspense is KILLING me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CreamyPies

Fun times going on facebook then telling cocky bastards there 732 is not enough :P
    Back to hunt down the newspaper any other major shops open 24hours beside tesco???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Completely behind on this thread now since I've started that sorting quiz! :D
    So.. What will we talk about instead?! :P

Barrys or Lyons?! :pac:

I-I-I... I don't drink tea... *Runs away in shame* :(

You can defer the course you are offered. Say the points are 300, and you've gotten that or more this year, and you defer it, you can reapply next year with just that course down and you'll get it even if the points rise to 600. :D

Alternatively, if you find that before February you've changed your mind, you can reapply with a whole new CAO and put down whatever courses you want. (This means the college won't hold the place you deferred.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Whoever posts the paper up on boards, I will make a gazillion fake boards accounts just to thank it.

Stressed can't even describe how I'm feeling atm.. :(

MUST.CALM.MYSELF.

Advertisement