Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Oenone wrote: »
    Well, my CAO form goes as follows;

English Lit/Greek
    English Lit/ Philosophy
    English Studies

(then lots of variations of English at Trinity :p)

I agree with you. I keep having to specify - quite irately - to my friends, that I have in fact chosen a specific degree, and not Arts :rolleyes:

In any case, they are both arts (and/or hunamities) subjects. The distinction is the points snobbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

I know what you mean, and tbh, I personally don't mind HP.

But it's pissing people off because it's got out of hand, so can we take it elsewhere please?

That's my third time to ask nicely, btw.

sorry dude only saw this as your first warning :o i'm too drunk and half arsed watching russian horror film to notice so once again sorry and praise be to mods for boards epically sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Tbh, I'm pretty happy with my second choice which I know I have, but then my accommodation gets all messed up and bleh.

I really want my course! :P I'm 20 points above but all the science are rising so I'm terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Well, my CAO form goes as follows;

English Lit/Greek
    English Lit/ Philosophy
    English Studies

(then lots of variations of English at Trinity :p)

I agree with you. I keep having to specify - quite irately - to my friends, that I have in fact chosen a specific degree, and not Arts :rolleyes:

Tell me about it, if I've to explain the difference once more I might smack someone. Especially with the vast difference in points as opposed to traditional Arts, makes the whole conversation quite frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

meathawk wrote: »
    In any case, they are both arts (and/or hunamities) subjects. The distinction is the points snobbery.

Well, not really :pac: But I'm too sleepy to explain the details. Suffice to say that there is rather a large difference, otherwise I'd have shoved down arts in UCC somewhere on the form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

So do we still have our definites for going out to get the paper? Like are they hanging around, ready to go? :P Name yourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My head hurts.. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I know what you mean, and tbh, I personally don't mind HP.

But it's pissing people off because it's got out of hand, so can we take it elsewhere please?

That's my third time to ask nicely, btw.

Actually just went to the HP forum because I'm so bored - the last post on it was about 10 days ago! :mad: :P *whispers incantations quietly to self*

Ash_M wrote: »
    Tell me about it, if I've to explain the difference once more I might smack someone. Especially with the vast difference in points as opposed to traditional Arts, makes the whole conversation quite frustrating.

-stares pointedly at the meathawk person-

Gah. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Barrt2 wrote: »
    sorry dude only saw this as your first warning :o i'm too drunk and half arsed watching russian horror film to notice so once again sorry and praise be to mods for boards epically sweet :)

'Tisn't the end of the world like :p

In all fairness, I understand the need for distraction, but remember the 350 people frantically refreshing the thread waiting for more news.

There's the HP forum, there's the Den in C&H, there's the Nest ... >_>

• Advertisement

nothing related to this thread but quick question is jackie chan dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

I am so tensed right now!. Just saw the breaking news. Computer science being up to 410 in UCD. And I got 410. So would they have possible done the lotto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

A hoax thank God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Why do I think I was told he died a few weeks ago?

Knowing me I am probably wrong tho! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

It says science in DCU has gone up 25 points to 440, is this undenominated science, because that has 375 points last year which doesn't make sense :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

doctorg wrote: »
    I am so tensed right now!. Just saw the breaking news. Computer science being up to 410 in UCD. And I got 410. So would they have possible done the lotto?

You'll have to wait for the paper. If there's a * beside the points requirement then they did a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

A hoax thank God.
    Yeah definitely a hoax.

So, has anybody yet obtained a paper O_O? Possibly? At all at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Anyone know anything about dit marketing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ash_M wrote: »
    Well, not really :pac: But I'm too sleepy to explain the details. Suffice to say that there is rather a large difference, otherwise I'd have shoved down arts in UCC somewhere on the form.
    Actually, they *are* in the arts / humanities range of subjects.

Ok, they're specific subject degrees, and I certainly wouldn't just say "points snobbery", but TSMs in arts subjects doesn't make the subjects no longer arts subjects, if you get me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

So, people, does environmental science come under the category of biological science?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

So, has anybody yet obtained a paper O_O? Possibly? At all at all?

Give it an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

John...can I call ya John? Why would I when your name is Randy..

Between you and me, we have a ..situation....with the wannabe wizards.
    After much light hearted mudblood/muggle abusing, the HP dizziness took over theyre stressed brains and they started allussionating to the point of having threesomes with Malfoy and Ron (crazy stuff).

I would, like any other politician, to repeat, "I have know idea about the HP conspiracy"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

*clears throat*

Only differences that exist are in some colleges you can't do further study in psychology and in Trinity they don't offer a 'try everything and see what you like' style first year.

Your student card will most likely say arts. You could've done English with Philosophy in UCC and another subject that you have an interest in and then decided which dual combination you wanted to go with.
    Someone who does English and Philosophy through arts gets the same degree as what you might be doing in Trinity, simple as.

A hoax thank God.
    Why do I think I was told he died a few weeks ago?

Knowing me I am probably wrong tho! :P

Thank god he' still kicking :). hopefully for a bit longer too, what did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

just asking out of interest i did how many miles to babylon, sive and inside i'm dancing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

LC2010HIS wrote: »

After much light hearted mudblood/muggle abusing, the HP dizziness took over theyre stressed brains and they started allussionating to the point of having threesomes with Malfoy and Ron (crazy stuff).

I would, like any other politician, to repeat, "I have know idea about the HP conspiracy"

I worry about you! :/ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

LC2010HIS wrote: »

Just . . . lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Party in Gryffindor common room if anyone wants to continue the Harry Potter related CAO offers!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Thank god he' still kicking :). hopefully for a bit longer too, what did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

just asking out of interest i did how many miles to babylon, sive and inside i'm dancing
    Lamb, Dancing at Lughnasa and Billy Elliot.

Surprisingly common combination or so I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Babylon, Casablanca and The Plough and the Stars

Advertisement