Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Barrt2 wrote: »
    Thank god he' still kicking :). hopefully for a bit longer too, what did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

just asking out of interest i did how many miles to babylon, sive and inside i'm dancing

Random question but ill bite, Inside im dancing, lies of silence and babylon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

I done Inside Im Dancing, Purple Hibiscus and A Dolls House :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

Actually, they *are* in the arts / humanities range of subjects.

Ok, they're specific subject degrees, and I certainly wouldn't just say "points snobbery", but TSMs in arts subjects doesn't make the subjects no longer arts subjects, if you get me.

Actually, I was also referring to the single honours subjects :)
    And I would say that a single honours subject would be vastly more specific and in-depth than a broad arts degree, no? ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Thank god he' still kicking :). hopefully for a bit longer too, what did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

just asking out of interest i did how many miles to babylon, sive and inside i'm dancing

Atonement, Sive and The Constant Gardener.
    Anyone else do those? I haven't come across another class with the combination as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Inside I'm Dancing, Lies of Silence, The Lonesome West. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

BREAKING NEWS

The HP conspiracy has finally ceased on boards.ie

In other news, Chuck Norris just logged off boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I did lies of silence, dancing at lughnasa and Il postino ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

i just asked to see what reading material i missed out on. i'm short on good books so i need a good read:)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Lies of Silence, Dancing at Lughnasa and Il Postino.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I did Sive too! It was the grimmest thing I've ever read. Did you like it? Also Billy Elliot and Lamb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

What did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

Lies Of Silence, Dancing At Lughnasa and Il Postino. Actually thought the first two were mighty craic! Don't think that's what they were going for though... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mmmuir

Hamlet, The Constant Gardener, The Kite Runner. My teacher was... a bimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I did Lies of Silence, Dancing at Lughnasa and Il Postino

Lies of Silence could have been so much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS

I hate you... I thought you had the newspaper!:mad:

*resumes twiddling thumbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

i just asked to see what reading material i missed out on. i'm short on good books so i need a good read:)

Just after finishing The Green Mile. Way better than the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 iam_serpentine

Lies of Silence, Dancing at Lughnasa and Il Postino.

Me too!!

Also: hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

In relation to what I did for my english comparative: Wuthering Heights, Il Postino and Dancing at Lughnasa.

There doesn't seem to be a real interest in law this year..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Sarah? wrote: »
    Party in Gryffindor common room if anyone wants to continue the Harry Potter related CAO offers!! :D

WOOP!

Violafy wrote: »
    I did Sive too! It was the grimmest thing I've ever read. Did you like it? Also Billy Elliot and Lamb.

sive was a boring waste of 50 minutes of life :L

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I did Circle of Friends, How Many Miles to Babylon and Billy Elliot.

• Advertisement

Vodkat wrote: »
    I hate you... I thought you had the newspaper!:mad:

*resumes twiddling thumbs

Oh please. Im sitting in bed logged onto boards.ie and cosmopolitan.co.uk

What do you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ness k

In relation to what I did for my english comparative: Wuthering Heights, Il Postino and Dancing at Lughnasa.

There doesn't seem to be a real interest in law this year..:rolleyes:

i was just gonna ask any update on both law courses in ucd ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Lies of Silence, Babylon and Il Postino..................now C'MON SOMEONE GET A PAPER.....please :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

24 hour shop by my house said they get the papers from 5, shop on O'Connell St said 2.30. (They're two seconds from each other. This confuses me.) So off to O'Connell St I go, will report back...wah.

Just after finishing The Green Mile. Way better than the film.

just saw film for first time tonight:o never read book, really want to see kite runner:film book was amazing possibly best read of life

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Me too!!

Also: hi.

Hello! Which was your favourite? I have to say there was no contest for me, Il Postino was great :D

24 hour shop by my house said they get the papers from 5, shop on O'Connell St said 2.30. (They're two seconds from each other. This confuses me.) So off to O'Connell St I go, will report back...wah.

You do this for us and I promise you, you will get laid by at least 20 people on this thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Patri wrote: »
    Lies of Silence, Babylon and Il Postino..................now C'MON SOMEONE GET A PAPER.....please :o
    Its way too early for shops to have the paper :) Ill be heading to tesco about about 4 if i dont fall asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS

What?! There was a conspiracy?? I missed the whole beginning of that Harry Potter thread. :(

Made a new one though, y'know, 'cause "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

You can do a single major in English too, you share the same modules as denominated students and in 2nd year you are in all the same classes. It's the same course except you get more room to breath and try subjects in first year that you think you might like. You're all in the same building, you share the same tutorials. It's simply a points difference.

I'm not doing this to annoy anyone, but I discovered this the hard way. I got a fairly substantial leaving cert score and ended up in Psychology in UCD but I detested it and moved into 'arts' in second year. Even in denominated Psychology you do 2 other arts subjects in first year just incase you do want to switch (yes it's different in Trinity). Now I will graduate with a degree in Geography and Sociology and some people in my graduating class will only have started out with 360 points. There's no real difference.

Advertisement