Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Sarah? wrote: »
    Anyone able to clear this up for me? :confused:

I currently have the exact points for my first choice (435). My second choice is 440. I've changed my mind and don't want either course now, but I do want my third choice which is around 350. If I don't get the first two, I'll accept number three.

BUT then if I appeal any subjects and my points go up so that I have enough for my first choice again, can I still take my third? (There's one subject that I really want to appeal, thought I did far better in it, just want to know if I'd be risking getting the course I want by appealing it.) rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't be an expert, but in the event that you appeal and your points raise, I think you can still take your third if you'd accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Last year at around 5am I posted that I had the paper and posted up some of the main courses (Arts UCD, TCD Medicine, UCD Medicine, Primary school teaching, etc.) and got very close to 50* PMs within the space of 30 minutes!

I did answer them all btw - I was too happy that I managed to get my first choice (with 0 points to spare) to mind!

* Edit: Actually it was 29 PMs I just checked, so ignore my 50 above - it felt like 50 ;)

That's actually my point, you misunderstood me! :P There will be a massive group of people looking for all the "big" courses points for 2011, whereas the course I'm going for is small enough so chances of somebody else who is going for the same course as me, being online at 3am are so slim. I know there will be loads of Medicine hopefuls, etc.!
    I just don't want to get lost in the surge of people :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey just wondering what prices are the college fees this year and is it true most colleges take installments end of september and the rest in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hey just wondering what prices are the college fees this year and is it true most colleges take installments end of september and the rest in January?

Its college/course specific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ill be getting my CAO for the 2nd time this year myself

Any ideas when the news papers put up the tomorrows papers at online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Sarah? wrote: »
    Anyone able to clear this up for me? :confused:

I currently have the exact points for my first choice (435). My second choice is 440. I've changed my mind and don't want either course now, but I do want my third choice which is around 350. If I don't get the first two, I'll accept number three.

BUT then if I appeal any subjects and my points go up so that I have enough for my first choice again, can I still take my third? (There's one subject that I really want to appeal, thought I did far better in it, just want to know if I'd be risking getting the course I want by appealing it.) rolleyes.gif

If your points go up on appeal and you are subsequently offered a course higher up on your list, you don't have to accept it, you can stick with the first offer that was made to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Thisismetrying

Ill be getting my CAO for the 2nd time this year myself

Any ideas when the news papers put up the tomorrows papers at online ?

Unfortunately, I don't think the points supplement is published online! I think it's only released in the paper version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

I will be laying a quare few sods in the toilet tonight thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Thisismetrying

._. wrote: »
    Bricking it.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Bricking it.

Cinderblocking it.

Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    I wouldn't be an expert, but in the event that you appeal and your points raise, I think you can still take your third if you'd accepted it.
    If your points go up on appeal and you are subsequently offered a course higher up on your list, you don't have to accept it, you can stick with the first offer that was made to you.

Thanks, fingers crossed the points for the first two go up then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hope you all get what you want. As a person who didn't get any offers during LC 2009 and then seeing this on my screen last year was a great feeling!

kYiO4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I will be laying a quare few sods in the toilet tonight thats for sure!

Omg are you from Wexford? :P That word is so Wexford..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Omg are you from Wexford? :P That word is so Wexford..
    "Quare" actually stems from a language that developed from middle english in Wexford and died out about 70 years ago, so that's why you only ever here Wexford people saying it :P

"Quare" actually stems from a language that developed from middle english in Wexford and died out about 70 years ago, so that's why you only ever here Wexford people saying it :P

Yeah I picked it up from Wexford people at Oxegen and now I use it the whole time! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Wexford and Carlow people :cool: I use it the whole time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Absolutely bricking it - Second time around and I have 10 points over the course I want (science in NUIM) plus HEAR but with a points surge I could be fecked. It's gonna be a long night...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Absolutely bricking it - Second time around and I have 10 points over the course I want (science in NUIM) plus HEAR but with a points surge I could be fecked. It's gonna be a long night...

Just wondering how many points will 'HEAR' add to your score?

I have decided I'm going to stay up all night anyway as I won't be able to sleep.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hoping to be there aswell iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 attride

any think that engineering in ucd will go up this year?
    Course Code:
    DN150
    Title:
    Engineering
    College:
    UCD (NUI)
    the course was 425 points last year and i got 440 so fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

attride wrote: »
    any think that engineering in ucd will go up this year?
    Course Code:
    DN150
    Title:
    Engineering
    College:
    UCD (NUI)
    the course was 425 points last year and i got 440 so fingers crossed!!

I'll tell ya tomorrow! ;) :P

Seriously though, it's only another 12 hours or so till you find out, don't stress over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Just wondering how many points will 'HEAR' add to your score?

Depends on the points thresh hold of the course and the points of the people competing for a HEAR place but usually its somewhere between 5/10%

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

I'm pretty sure I'll get my course but still kind of nervous and excited, hope you all get what you want. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

There's a 24hr mcdonalds and topaz about 5 minutes from me so I'll probably head there around half 3 or so :). Take the pressure off the other guy who volonteered!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

I'm holding an unconditional for pharmacy at Queens, but I'm really hoping to get trinity tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

How long do we have to accept an offer from CAO ?

And if you accept it do you HAVE to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LynnFitz

anyone think points for primary teaching will go up? the irish times said it wil go down :/ i got 485 and they were 475* last year in Mary I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

You have until the 29th. Well nobody's going to come to your door and drag you to your college course if that's what you mean! :p

Advertisement