Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ness k

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    MEEEEEEEEEE!

Law & French.

trinity

I have 5points to spare on last year.

so far thats like three of us ! im going for either law or law and bus in ucd !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CreamyPies

if people are looking to pass sum time, just post my username into google and hit i'm feeling lucky :p
    Heading off to tesco again hopefully it'll be there this time :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

AHHHHH IM SO NERVOUS!

Deep breaths or like myself have a vodka or two,i regret 5 of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

50 points to Gryffindor! :)

Of course, more specific and in-depth than a two subject (or even 3 subject degree) but still in an Arts subject.

You do realise you can do a PhD in History or English or Philosophy (all Arts subjects) just like in Bio or Chem (Science) and so on ...

How much more specific and in-depth can you get than a PhD? :)

"Arts" or sometimes "Humanities" is just a classification for certain subjects, just like "Social Sciences" or "Science" ... it's just a classification with a large number of subjects.

Oh yes, of course I am aware that it is classified as an Arts/Humanities course, but I what I am trying to get across is the idea that, as an undergraduate, English Studies would be better suited to a student who is passionate about that subject - relatively exclusively - as opposed to an Arts degree, such as is available in UCC - that would perhaps be more suited to a student who is uncertain as to where their field of interest lies.

Wow, sorry for the mad 2 a.m syntax :P

I am only talking about undergraduate courses here :p Though an English PhD would be nice some day :pac:

But thanks for all the responses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    "I asked her to dance...She asked me to DIE"
    Seagal-esque line right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

haha I actually have a bottle of Absolut, Im gonna have 1 OR 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Sarah? wrote: »
    I did the same three, hated Il Postino - all that hope - what's that all about like?? :rolleyes: Loved the other two, probably 'cause me and my mates pull the piss out of them all the time.

Eg: "Nevermind him, his highest ambition is a job in a shipyard or a mill!" :P

I find it humourous anyway... :o

I didn't actually ever get to the end of LOS :o:D I just disliked it that much :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 123ame

In TCD, computer science has risen by 30 points to 385 points; business and computing has increased by 45 points to 420 points; and the general-entry science programme has increased by 15 points to 475 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Well, I know I'm getting an offer in a few hours, so the excitement I had for the last 2 hours or so is gone and replaced by nervousness about starting college and not knowing many people :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

ChloeElla wrote: »
    I'm going for Law & German :)

Yeah, I'm doing law too, not in ucd though.

Thats da job. relax 6am will be here and gone and the CAO site will crash and al will be over

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Ill never forget the day I opened my CAO form and had no offers. Thats not going to happen this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 iam_serpentine

Lmao my friend left a half empty liter bottle of Absolut and plastic shot glasses when she was here last, it is sooo tempting to just have a few shots right now. D:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I didn't actually ever get to the end of LOS :o:D I just disliked it that much :pac::pac:

Its nothing special. Michael is very happy in London. ..... Then the IRA murder him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JanRen

Irish Times - 'The same upward pattern is evident for courses in computer science, up 35 in UCD to 410, up 30 in Trinity to 385 and up 15 in UCC.' Woah I think I got it! :D Another 4 hours.... Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

nah man few heinekens and tuborg i am dying for some smokes tho :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Barrt2 wrote: »
    Thank god he' still kicking :). hopefully for a bit longer too, what did everyone do for their english paper 2 comparitive studies???:)

just asking out of interest i did how many miles to babylon, sive and inside i'm dancing

I did The Kite Runner, The Plough and the Stars and Billy Elliot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Vodkat wrote: »
    Ill never forget the day I opened my CAO form and had no offers. Thats not going to happen this year
    Thats whats going to happen to me, I only have 3 courses on my CAO list :)

• Advertisement

Lmao my friend left a half empty liter bottle of Absolut and plastic shot glasses when she was here last, it is sooo tempting to just have a few shots right now. D:

i recommend if your a bag of jelly. Providing your the legal age ha ha :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I'll never understand ye vodka drinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

._. wrote: »
    Well, I know I'm getting an offer in a few hours, so the excitement I had for the last 2 hours or so is gone and replaced by nervousness about starting college and not knowing many people :o
    Dude you'll be grand. I went to college in a new city without a single friend, had the absolute craic in Orientation/Freshers week and met loads of people. Live on campus if at all possible, don't miss a night out for the first few weeks and you'll be sorted. Note that despite that I'm still here ****ting bricks, but it was the course and not the people that led me to reapplying.

I do <3 the people.

Darius.Tr wrote: »

High five same ere. two in the same college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

oh fcuk man, i was drinking hard friday night and a friend popped out 80 percent red absence he siad take a tiny sip i took 4 mouthfulls...couldnt breathe and got sick four times in 20 seconds :/:o

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Darius.Tr wrote: »

It was one of the worst feelings ive ever had! Self disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 iam_serpentine

i recommend if your a bag of jelly. Providing your the legal age ha ha :pac:

I am and if you're talking about jelly shots, I REALLY WANT TO TRY THEM. But I don't have the patience to wait for them to set :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

CreamyPies wrote: »
    if people are looking to pass sum time, just post my username into google and hit i'm feeling lucky :p
    Heading off to tesco again hopefully it'll be there this time :cool:
    People!

Unless of strong and open mind, DO NOT do this!!
    Oenone wrote: »
    Oh yes, of course I am aware that it is classified as an Arts/Humanities course, but I what I am trying to get across is the idea that, as an undergraduate, English Studies would be better suited to a student who is passionate about that subject - relatively exclusively - as opposed to a more generalised Arts degree, such as is available in UCC - that would perhaps be more suited to a student who is uncertain as to where their field of interest lies.
    With the addition, we can agree! :)
    Apologies, didn't realise you were quoting from that.

Been a long day!! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

High five same ere. two in the same college :D
    What are they? If I get my 3rd offer Ill probably wont even bother with it and end up doing some PLC course or working for the year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Guys, just think...

Some hero is skulking down the road, half asleep/drunk, to buy us all a paper.

Doesnt it just warm your heart?:)

Advertisement