Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

emzz wrote: »
    any speculation with regards primary teaching points? annnyone?:)

Ya I speculate they'll be out at 6am in the morning :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Im ten points over what my course was last year. It will be a nervous wait for 6 tomorrow morning :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Noel2k9 wrote: »

OVER 9000!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

LynnFitz wrote: »
    anyone think points for primary teaching will go up? the irish times said it wil go down :/ i got 485 and they were 475* last year in Mary I

TEACHING
    In a striking trend, demand for teaching jobs has declined for the second year in succession, and by more than 7 per cent since 2009. This reflects increasing concern about a much tighter jobs market for teaching graduates as education spending is cut.

from the Irish times last Wednesday!:) I'd say they won't change too much! I hope anyways!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

There's a 24hr mcdonalds and topaz about 5 minutes from me so I'll probably head there around half 3 or so :). Take the pressure off the other guy who volonteered!

The more people that volunteer the better because it mightn't be there when one of you goes. Plus your scanner/camera could fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

what are the chances of the points for creative digital media in IT blanchardstown going down by 30 points? my friend has 275 fetac points and the points last year were 305?

what are the chances of the points for creative digital media in IT blanchardstown going down by 30 points? my friend has 275 fetac points and the points last year were 305?

30 is a big drop so i doubt it but you never know jim you never know how shell go

30 is a big drop so i doubt it but you never know jim you never know how shell go

do you know if its possible to transfer to a level 8 of the same course if im accepted into the level 7. I have 130 points more than i need :S?

do you know if its possible to transfer to a level 8 of the same course if im accepted into the level 7. I have 130 points more than i need :S?

doubt it m'lady youd need to have it on you level 8 cao salaction, just wait and reapply next year hun?

• Advertisement

awww no :( I changed my mind too late!

awww no :( I changed my mind too late!

its no luling matter im afraid, reapply next year maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is there a link to the comments? Anything about business?

its no luling matter im afraid, reapply next year maybe?

I'll go ahead into the level 7 because its the same course in the same college just a year shorter. I just wasn't sure if the college will let me change into the other class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Supposed to go down apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

Can anyone clear this up for me.

I'm counting on fetac results (got good results) to get into DT028 Transport Operations and Technology

If I didn't get a offer in round 0 am I not getting any offers tomorrow for that course as it's in DIT?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

AdamD wrote: »
    Supposed to go down apparently

Hope to god that's true for mine,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    How long do we have to accept an offer from CAO ?

And if you accept it do you HAVE to do it?

Anyone :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    You have until the 29th. Well nobody's going to come to your door and drag you to your college course if that's what you mean! :p

^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Reaaaly nervous. Gonna do an all nighter. And once the offer comes around or I find out the points for my course (hopefully one of ye lovely Dubliners who get the newspaper earlier than us country folk would help me out!) I'll hit the sack then.

As an incentive to anyone who posts points early, us LCer's will reward ye will aloada thanks ;) haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LukeDavfc

Where are you people getting this information about a points surge? The media seems to think that points will be pretty much the exact same as last year from what I've read?

I've got 405 and HEAR, hoping I can get Science at TCD/UCD if not I think it'll be computer science at UCD. As long as I'm living happily in Dublin this time next month I'm delighted :)

Oh, and I'll be getting up at my usual time of 11 to see what I've got :) The points in the paper may be misleading anyway, if you've got the exact minimum you still might not be guaranteed an offer :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

LukeDavfc wrote: »
    Oh, and I'll be getting up at my usual time of 11 to see what I've got :) The points in the paper may be misleading anyway, if you've got the exact minimum you still might not be guaranteed an offer :/

If you have the matriculation and grade requirements, and have the minimum points for the course and there's no random selection (usually indicated in the papers by an * after the points) then you are more or less 'guaranteed' the offer!

Its the eye of the tiger its the king of the fight, standing up to the challenge of a rival!

ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! Da da da dah! da da da-da-da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's sad to think that this will be our last megathread together as a year group before we all split up.

I'll miss you people :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LukeDavfc

If you have the matriculation and grade requirements, and have the minimum points for the course and there's no random selection (usually indicated in the papers by an * after the points) then you are more or less 'guaranteed' the offer!

Not if there are 20 places in the course left for 60 people who all have the minimum points for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Not if there are 20 places in the course left for 60 people who all have the minimum points for it ;)

in that case there would be an * on it which is what timbuk said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

anyone on this looking to do Pharmacy?? Hope I'll be safe with 550 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

I'm holding an unconditional for pharmacy at Queens, but I'm really hoping to get trinity tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed

Aaah finally someone else who wants to do Pharm! I'm hoping for Trinity too..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

in that case there would be an * on it which is what timbuk said

Exactly!

The CAO computer starts by getting a list of everyone who desires to do the course. Imagine this course has 60 places only (the college determines how many places it will have). It starts at the candidate with the highest points, offers him/her a place, then the computer keeps moving down the list until it gets to the 60th candidate. Whatever points the 60th candidate got becomes the minimum points of the course (they aren't set by the college, at least not directly). If the 61st, 62nd, and so on, candidates have the same points as the 60th candidate, then there will be a * after the points to indicate that not everyone who had the minimum points requirement got offered a place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maria1992

I just rang my local 24 hour tesco and they said the papers wont be for sale until 8am...:(

Advertisement