Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

I should be able to get the paper at about 4 in the morning.

If I decide to stay up.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

B2deF wrote: »
    Can anyone clear this up for me.

I'm counting on fetac results (got good results) to get into DT028 Transport Operations and Technology

If I didn't get a offer in round 0 am I not getting any offers tomorrow for that course as it's in DIT?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

need my top choice to be at least 15 points lower than last year... I'm trying to be realistic about it, but, I just want it so badly so I'm now one of those students that's been walking around all day with every angel necklace I own hung around my neck and with my 'lucky stone' in my pocket :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

My heart goes out to you all.

This thread has it all every year - thrills and suspense, joy and (unfortunately) disappointment. And terrific humour too.

Someone will most likely get a copy of the paper from outside their local garage/Spar in the middle of the night, and someone else might scan in the pages and upload it onto this thread.

I personally think the papers should have to wait a day before the publish the Points list...but the present system does make for a night/morning of excitement.

Remember - it'll be all right in the end, and if it's not all right...it's not the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Partyatmygaff Galway is one hell of a cracking spot if you could make it there. If there was a course I want in Galway I'd have it down number one definitely.
    I know, i've been there loads of times. It's one of the best cities in Ireland but I just can't move county at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'd prefer to study Pharmacy in Dublin than Medicine in Galway. Moving out at the moment isn't feasible for me and as far as my preferences go studying Pharmacy in TCD is something I would prefer to moving to Galway to study Medicine in NUIG.

Well, I'll hope for a dublin based medical course for you in that case. :D

Though, in the long run, if you do end up in pharmacy, it's a terrific base to have if you should move on to graduate/mature student medicine in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

This is actually the end of it all! :D Good luck everyone!

I'm counting on fetac results (got good results) to get into DT028 Transport Operations and Technology

If I didn't get a offer in round 0 am I not getting any offers tomorrow for that course as it's in DIT?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you're using FETAC results to get into a course, you're dealing with the college itself and not the CAO. Contact the admissions office of DIT to discuss your entry but the CAO doesn't particularly concern you.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

First on my CAO is Science (common entry) in TCD and second is Earth Sciences in TCD.. i missed out of science by 10 points but have the exact points for earth sciences.. so hoping it doesnt go up!
    im not realy nervous though? like i cant see myself getting up at 6am to check.. more than likely the website will crash id say if loads of people go on at the same time..
    does anyone know if they send out offers in the post aswell? id rather sleep until that comes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Good luck to the lot of ye!
    My turn next year.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Even though the offers begin at 6am, my friend told me his offer didn't come through until about 10am last year. So don't panic if you don't get it straight away at 6am.
    That's because the site crashed got 'hacked'. Hopefully wont happen again this year.

If you're using FETAC results to get into a course, you're dealing with the college itself and not the CAO. Contact the admissions office of DIT to discuss your entry but the CAO doesn't particularly concern you.

http://www.dit.ie/study/howtoapplyonline/

That says use the CAO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

To all you budding pharmacists:
    You've probably looked into job prospects and all that but I just thought I'd let you know that my brother just finished pharmacy and him and most of his mates have jobs in pharmacies sorted for the coming year. :D Best of luck to ye!

Sorry, my bad. (And I actually asked a guidance counsellor before posting ffs! :mad::mad:).

Based on the new info, I'm not entirely certain what will go on tbh.

This page has some info on it: http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/fetac/ but it doesn't seem to list your course?

Where did it say the FETAC entry requirements for your course?

That's because the site crashed got 'hacked'.
    The same way they were 'testing out the system' with people's real HPAT results two months before the release date.

Sorry for all the questions & mixups, B2deF.

Are you going for entry into first year or advanced entry (years 2, 3 or 4)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

That's because the site crashed got 'hacked'. Hopefully wont happen again this year.

Hacked my arse. Probably just weren't prepared to take the blame for not being able to handle the traffic :D

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Hacked my arse. Probably just weren't prepared to take the blame for not being able to handle the traffic :D

Wasn't a DDOS inflicted on them? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

To be honest I don't know but I would just assume its what I said. The same thing happened the the British UCAS website this year, as in they weren't prepared to handle the amount of traffic.

50,000 or so people accessing the site at the same time can have the same effect as a DDoS. The only difference is intent. A DDoS is hacking. Another is poor planning and preparation by the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Weirdly enough it feels like its christmas tomorrow.

They're only CAO offers and Arts can't go up that much surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Exciting times lie ahead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irishblueberry

omg cao offer is tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭samapp

So nervous.

got 500

choice 2 505
    choice 3 490

Want choice 3 so much :) hopefully I will get it!

did anybody apply for law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

omg cao offer is tomorrow....

OMG really?! :eek:

good luck

• Advertisement

yeah is it?

Advertisement