Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

My only course jumped 65 points so I wasn't offered a place in it. Any chance it will drop in round two if there is even any vacancies in it? Not sure what to do now seeing as I have nothing to do, No college and have been declined 2 PLC courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 PoisonIvy

Got my first choice Engineering Innovation in galway... I RALLY didnt expect it because it was 560 last year and i only got 495... but now that I got it im not sure if i want to do it can i decline it and get one of my lower offers in round????

NOOOO!! If you decline your first choice you wont get any offers after that!
    Unless you want a level 7/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Wow, my first choice dropped 35 points this year, wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

My first and only choice was listed as 305, and I got 300. I saw it earlier listed here. Then, I go to bed, wake up at half 12 and voila, I have an offer for the course... Don't know how I pulled this off, perhaps it was the audition...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LukeDavfc

Is trinity really expensive? I've applied for a grant but I'm really worried about costs now? I'm doing science, I've got 2.5k in savings and my Mum and Dad earn about 30k a year? Can I afford it? How much is the course and how much will I get for the grant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

daysleeper wrote: »
    I just wanted Arts in Maynooth, got 375 but the course went up to 380... gonna get my papers rechecked to hopefully get the extra 5 points, but does anyone know from experience how this 2nd offers thing works? it's Arts so I don't think there'll be any places left to go around... :(

So, people got offered a place for Arts in Maynooth this morning. Some of them may decline it in favour of a level 7 course, not wanting to do it, deferring or whatever. If there are any available spaces left after that, the CAO people move to the next person on the list for the course and offer them in the 2nd round. So you could get it there.]

In the meantime, you get your papers appealed and go up 5 points. Now you have the points for the course. If you didn't get it on the 2nd round, you will now be offered it in the 3rd round. Depending on the college, you may be offered the course to start immediately or to start in the next academic year. So if you go up points, you will definitely be offered the course.

If you don't go up points there's still a chance you could be offered it in the 3rd round anyway. Some people might get a better offer in the 2nd round and hence there becomes places available on the Arts course.

So yea, you're in with a good chance being so close to the mark but no one can say for sure if you'll get it or not. Good luck anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyellow

Hi do you know what coarses are on the south and north campus in tralee IT by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Maths in Trinity!
    AHH YEAH!!
    You, sir (or madam), have taste. Bravo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HtoTheHIZZAY

Aww man in all the excitement of getting my course I forgot my CAO password and now I'm locked out of my account :( Anybody know how long it takes for Cao to fix this? I emailed them but sure they could take all day....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

PoisonIvy wrote: »
    NOOOO!! If you decline your first choice you wont get any offers after that!
    Unless you want a level 7/6

yeah i have since found that out.. dont worry i didnt decline.. galway it is then yay :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

LukeDavfc wrote: »
    Is trinity really expensive? I've applied for a grant but I'm really worried about costs now? I'm doing science, I've got 2.5k in savings and my Mum and Dad earn about 30k a year? Can I afford it? How much is the course and how much will I get for the grant?

I'm pretty sure the fees are €2000, well they are for my sister this year so I assume they're the same for all undergrads? Sorry if I'm wrong. So I think you'll be able to afford it, yes.

See you in Science :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Konata wrote: »
    So, people got offered a place for Arts in Maynooth this morning. Some of them may decline it in favour of a level 7 course, not wanting to do it, deferring or whatever. If there are any available spaces left after that, the CAO people move to the next person on the list for the course and offer them in the 2nd round. So you could get it there.]

In the meantime, you get your papers appealed and go up 5 points. Now you have the points for the course. If you didn't get it on the 2nd round, you will now be offered it in the 3rd round. Depending on the college, you may be offered the course to start immediately or to start in the next academic year. So if you go up points, you will definitely be offered the course.

If you don't go up points there's still a chance you could be offered it in the 3rd round anyway. Some people might get a better offer in the 2nd round and hence there becomes places available on the Arts course.

So yea, you're in with a good chance being so close to the mark but no one can say for sure if you'll get it or not. Good luck anyway :)

Thanks a million for that response. I was in a bit of a panic this morning when I wrote here but I've been into my school since where I met one of my teachers and she gave me some encouraging words too, she's gonna come in and look over my papers with me to see if there's anywhere I could possibly go up a few marks. And anyway I have other offers so it isn't the end of the world, I just really want Maynooth! but yea fingers crossed I'll get there. Thanks again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

daysleeper wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that response. I was in a bit of a panic this morning when I wrote here but I've been into my school since where I met one of my teachers and she gave me some encouraging words too, she's gonna come in and look over my papers with me to see if there's anywhere I could possibly go up a few marks. And anyway I have other offers so it isn't the end of the world, I just really want Maynooth! but yea fingers crossed I'll get there. Thanks again! :)

No problem :) It can be a panicky aul day but don't forget that you have until the 29th to accept any offers. Plenty of time to have a good think and get your head straightened out.

Good luck anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

accepted arts in maynooth :D anyone else doing music??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

amortentia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the fees are 2000, well they are for my sister this year so I assume they're the same for all undergrads? Sorry if I'm wrong. So I think you'll be able to afford it, yes.

See you in Science :)

The 2000 is paid by the county council as well if you are eligible for a grant :) If your college has an extra charge e.g. a student service charge, then that is not covered and you have to pay this.

Congrats everyone; those of you coming to Maynooth i'll probably see you around campus in a few weeks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I got 420 points and my coarse (film and broadcasting) is 420. So, so close, and so, so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Who is going to IT Tralee?? hope ye are all happy... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Arts dropped :) Transfer from Biochem to Arts in UCC! Excited!

going to IT TRALEE :D WOOP WOOP

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

missyellow wrote: »
    going to IT TRALEE :D WOOP WOOP

ha really what course you doing... ?finally found someone who's going.. :)everyone i know is goingcork lim or dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Arts dropped :) Transfer from Biochem to Arts in UCC! Excited!

I wanted both this year! Got offered Arts in UCC! Gonna see if i can appeal an exam for a chance with biochem, but if not, Arts suits me fine! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

It's very unlikely that the answer to this question is 'yes', but anyway:

If I defer my first choice today, is there anyway I can change my mind and accept it in a few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    I wanted both this year! Got offered Arts in UCC! Gonna see if i can appeal an exam for a chance with biochem, but if not, Arts suits me fine! :D

Biochem killed me. I cant wait for Arts. I'll see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Was anyone else so excited to add their course to their Facebook Info? :D
    I keep checking it to see who else has put up their course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Sarah? wrote: »
    It's very unlikely that the answer to this question is 'yes', but anyway:

If I defer my first choice today, is there anyway I can change my mind and accept it in a few days?

if youre only leaving it a few days you may as well just leave it as is
    you have until monday next week at 17:15 to accept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

if youre only leaving it a few days you may as well just leave it as is
    you have until monday next week at 17:15 to accept

Yeah but the deferral has to be at the college by this Friday, so I only have a day or two max.

Wonder if I sent it, then changed my mind before/just when it got there could I ring them up and say 'don't open that letter!!' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I know this is slightly off topic but it's in relation to college which is in relation to CAO and very important. :P

Where would I take the bus/luas/dart from RTÉ studios in Donnybrook to DCU campus? How far are they away from one another? How much would a taxi cost approx? Please and thanks in advance!

I'm not from dublin so don't have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Not if I see you first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BCMP

Biochem not so nice to me either, moving to BIS :D:D

• Advertisement

begsy wrote: »
    Who is going to IT Tralee?? hope ye are all happy... :)
    begsy wrote: »
    ha really what course you doing... ?finally found someone who's going.. :)everyone i know is goingcork lim or dublin...

yup health and leisure wbu?? yeah im from wexford dnt know anyone goin :)
    do you know wot coarses are in the north campus and what ones are in the south??:)

Advertisement