Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

BCMP wrote: »
    Biochem not so nice to me either, moving to BIS :D:D

Eeeeeep...another one of us dropping out? :( So many of us dropping out of that course. If not dropping out repeating the year. I cant face having to do all that again next year. Arts FTW now :D

Not to deter anyone off Biochem :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Will everyone please read the first post in the CAO sticky at the top of the forum!!

Then check your CAO handbook for any extra info you need! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

missyellow wrote: »
    yup health and leisure wbu?? yeah im from wexford dnt know anyone goin :)
    do you know wot coarses are in the north campus and what ones are in the south??:)

I'm doing health and leisure too! Just about, got the exact points! Any idea when we're starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Anybody know when the admissions office for UL closes on a night? A woman there said she'd phone me back later or get in contact with me when she found something out for me, that was at 12:25..It's now around half 4 :/ Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭seandoiler

Still not accurate. :)
    You should re-read what the poster asked before condemning them...if you are offered your HIGHEST preference in the first round you will not get another offer...you even clearly point this out in the sticky

Exclusion from lower preferences

IMPORTANT: When you have been offered a place in one of your course preferences, you are excluded from further consideration for any course which is lower in your order of preference than the one in which you have been offered a place.

• Advertisement

seandoiler wrote: »
    You should re-read what the poster asked before condemning them...
    Ah, grand, I missed a word.

And I'm not "condemning" anyone, just trying to keep things on track.

If I didn't stay up most of the night with ye lot, after being on the road from 7 yesterday morning 'til 11 last night, I might be more awake and not miss words, yes? :)

Ah, grand, I missed a word.

And I'm not "condemning" anyone, just trying to keep things on track.

If I didn't stay up most of the night with ye lot, after being on the road from 7 yesterday morning 'til 11 last night, I might be more awake and not miss words, yes? :)

You were speaking down to the poster and intimating that they were completely wrong about something very important....I thought it was quite rude being honest, as is your 'ye lot' comment above...and seeing as I did my leaving cert in 1998, I'm not quite sure you can be classing me with this years students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

Congratulations everyone who got their courses this morning! I remember this day for me, two years ago. I stayed up all night and logged into the CAO website and accepted my course :P Hope you all enjoy your courses!

You were speaking down to the poster and intimating that they were completely wrong about something very important....I thought it was quite rude being honest, as is your 'ye lot' comment above...and seeing as I did my leaving cert in 1998, I'm not quite sure you can be classing me with this years students
    That's grand.

Tell you what, you stick around for the evening and answer the questions, like I've been doing most evenings of the week for the last three years, and I'll go and do the long list of my own stuff that's waiting for me here, and maybe even catch up on some of the sleep I didn't get last night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyellow

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I'm doing health and leisure too! Just about, got the exact points! Any idea when we're starting?

awh nicee..im da very same just got da exact points haha....not sure when we are starting ..do you know if we are in south or north campus? :)

• Advertisement

That's grand.

Tell you what, you stick around for the evening and answer the questions, like I've been doing most evenings of the week for the last three years, and I'll go and do the long list of my own stuff that's waiting for me here, and maybe even catch up on some of the sleep I didn't get last night. :)

Or maybe I'll just go and prepare my courses for the incoming students...that sound fair? Thanks for editing your earlier post...and of course your mod'ing

Or maybe I'll just go and prepare my courses for the incoming students...that sound fair?
    Well, that's on my "to do" list as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

begsy wrote: »
    Who is going to IT Tralee?? hope ye are all happy... :)
    ha really what course you doing... ?finally found someone who's going.. :)everyone i know is goingcork lim or dublin...

do you know wot coarses are in the north campus and what ones are in the south??:)

I would imagine a lot of courses are a mixture between both. The South Campus is more like a school layout, while the North Campus is newer and more modern. If you're doing a practical course, ie radio and tv media etc then I would say most of your time will be spent on the North Campus. The North Campus is also bigger and therefore you're more likely to be there. Hope that clarifies the situation a little.

Adro947 wrote: »
    I would imagine a lot of courses are a mixture between both. The South Campus is more like a school layout, while the North Campus is newer and more modern. If you're doing a practical course, ie radio and tv media etc then I would say most of your time will be spent on the North Campus. The North Campus is also bigger and therefore you're more likely to be there. Hope that clarifies the situation a little.

tank U :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

I'm from dingle bt am moving into tralee... :) All my friends are going up the country so i don't know anyone either except for you now.. :) I'm doing the tv radio and new media course which is in the north campus.. I just checked there for you and health and leisure is in south campus... And your orientation day is the 5th...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I know this is slightly off topic but it's in relation to college which is in relation to CAO and very important. :P

Where would I take the bus/luas/dart from RTÉ studios in Donnybrook to DCU campus? How far are they away from one another? How much would a taxi cost approx? Please and thanks in advance!

I'm not from dublin so don't have a clue!

Your best bet is to get yourself a student travelcard and get some sort of bus ticket..you can get 30 day ones which are quite good value...you can use the bus as often as you like for 30 separate days. (It wouldn't be cost effective to use the bus only once in a day.

If you're travelling from Donnybrook to DCU, I'd imagine you'd need to get 2 buses there and 2 back...but it'll be a pleasant surprise if I'm proved wrong and there's actually a bus that goes direct from Donnybrook to DCU. DCU is in the Glasnevin/Ballymun area, which is in the north of the city...whereas Donnybrook is on the south side. Neither of them could be classed as city centre, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't even think about getting a taxi...except maybe once, or in an emergency!

You can get info on what bus to get on the Dublin bus site (Google 'Dublin Bus') and you should get yourself a map of Dublin as soon as possible.

I'm from dingle bt am moving into tralee... :) All my friends are going up the country so i don't know anyone either except for you now.. :) I'm doing the tv radio and new media course which is in the north campus.. I just checked there for you and health and leisure is in south campus... And your orientation day is the 5th...:)

:D yeah im moveing to tralee aswell cant wait ... awh tanks a mill i cudn find dat out anywer :) Do you know any gud places to stay in tralee wer lots of students wud b :)

:D yeah im moveing to tralee aswell cant wait ... awh tanks a mill i cudn find dat out anywer :) Do you know any gud places to stay in tralee wer lots of students wud b :)

Ya i'm really excited now.. :-) ah kingscourt(appartments) is meant to be very good.. Its newly built right next to manor west where there is a 24 hour tesco( at least i think its 24 hour.. haha) Lots of first years stay there.. I myself have gone for a house but the landlord is refusing to rent to first years as he had trouble with first years before so i will be staying with 2nd/3rd years in the house.. I rang him in January and basically talked him into renting it to me.. There are student villages too, The Tennis village i think (there houses) hope to see you around the place... :-)

Ya i'm really excited now.. :-) ah kingscourt(appartments) is meant to be very good.. Its newly built right next to manor west where there is a 24 hour tesco( at least i think its 24 hour.. haha) Lots of first years stay there.. I myself have gone for a house but the landlord is refusing to rent to first years as he had trouble with first years before so i will be staying with 2nd/3rd years in the house.. I rang him in January and basically talked him into renting it to me.. There are student villages too, The Tennis village i think (there houses) hope to see you around the place... :-)

meee too :)...alrite tanks your a great help i will be going up to ave a luk around anyhow.... yeah im sure i will see ya around :) wont b too long now before we will be starting :D

meee too :)...alrite tanks your a great help i will be going up to ave a luk around anyhow.... yeah im sure i will see ya around :) wont b too long now before we will be starting :D

Ha no bother... :) i know it will come round quick enough.. Sure add me on facebook if u want anymore info? Excitement, i wont be 18 till the end of fresher fortnight tho.. :(

• Advertisement

Ha no bother... :) i know it will come round quick enough.. Sure add me on facebook if u want anymore info? Excitement, i wont be 18 till the end of fresher fortnight tho.. :(

yeah will do whats your name on fb .....i knoww will b brill :)..... awh reali ah sure ya will b grand anyhow:) im just gone 19 did a plc last year :)

yeah will do whats your name on fb .....i knoww will b brill :)..... awh reali ah sure ya will b grand anyhow:) im just gone 19 did a plc last year :)

My name is Sheila Begley... Yaa i was the youngest in my year but it didn't bother me really except for getting into clubs and stuff... Aww reali, cool.. :) What ju do the plc in? :)

My name is Sheila Begley... Yaa i was the youngest in my year but it didn't bother me really except for getting into clubs and stuff... Aww reali, cool.. :) What ju do the plc in? :)

ah yeah i was in carlow last year doing sports n rec plc ..one of my friends was 17 aswell she got on grand wit the clubs :)..will add ya on fb in a few :D

ah yeah i was in carlow last year doing sports n rec plc ..one of my friends was 17 aswell she got on grand wit the clubs :)..will add ya on fb in a few :D

Oh rite cool.. that must have been interesting. :) ya i mightn't have too much bother soo and sure i'll be 18 before the end of the month so all should be fine... Do so :).. how ju get those green smiles?? haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Commerce and French in UCC absolutely rocketed up, wtf?? I still got it but it went up 55 points that's insane no??? Can anyone explain why this is?

Oh rite cool.. that must have been interesting. :) ya i mightn't have too much bother soo and sure i'll be 18 before the end of the month so all should be fine... Do so :).. how ju get those green smiles?? haha :)

yeah was gud got me the points i needed from it:).....da green smile is : and D.....wooo 18 :)..i looked for ya but cudn find ya im Ali Barden if ya want ta ave a luk for me :)

yeah was gud got me the points i needed from it:).....da green smile is : and D.....wooo 18 :)..i looked for ya but cudn find ya im Ali Barden if ya want ta ave a luk for me :)

Aww thats brill so :).. ha ya ill look for ya there and i'll add ya if i find ya.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

AgathaK wrote: »
    Anyone BESS in TCD? :D

See you there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Commerce and French in UCC absolutely rocketed up, wtf?? I still got it but it went up 55 points that's insane no??? Can anyone explain why this is?

Combination of factors. Higher demand was probably the cause for the points rise. Demand probably caused by the attractiveness of a general degree with a foreign language, (because most people who want commerce don't believe they'll get a job in Ireland), coupled with the fact that around 80% of Leaving Certs who do a European Language do French.

Also, its a really good combination for teaching, as business is not taught through arts.

Advertisement