Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

They've already risen, fallen and remained static over the weekend. We'll find out how exactly in about seven hours.

Oh god..I'm more worried now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

No need to be so nasty... People are stressed out.

I wasn't being nasty, I was being sarcastic and making a joke. Luckily the person who it was aimed at knows how to take a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I think the front page of the Irish Times becomes available somewhere on line around midnight. (Sorry can't be more specific!)

2 years ago the headline was about Science points soaring, and they quoted the points for UCD Science on the front page.

3 o'clock at a 24 hour shop sounds plausible - and generous of someone to offer to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

It seems to be much quieter on boards this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

No need to be so nasty... People are stressed out.

Ah shes only messin! (....the fúcking mudblood):D (messin - obviously! HP dirty talk ftw!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

There's two threads.... Not sure which one to post in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 livelaughlove

Nulzy wrote: »
    It seems to be much quieter on boards this year :P

I remember last year there were loads of people online and stayed up all night waiting. It was so much fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

I went to two garages and a 24 hour tesco, they all said that they get the papers between 5-6, so I think I'll head down at half 5 and post the points up here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Best of luck everyone... There's always hope so we'll see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

eeep im so excited! :D hopefully ill get UCC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

I wasn't being nasty, I was being sarcastic and making a joke. Luckily the person who it was aimed at knows how to take a joke.

oooooh snarky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    oooooh snarky!

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Ah shes only messin! (....the fúcking mudblood):D (messin - obviously! HP dirty talk ftw!!!)

And this is all because of a magic watch ye know!..........

Come here, and I'll fight ye for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LynnFitz

emzz wrote: »
    TEACHING
    In a striking trend, demand for teaching jobs has declined for the second year in succession, and by more than 7 per cent since 2009. This reflects increasing concern about a much tighter jobs market for teaching graduates as education spending is cut.

from the Irish times last Wednesday!:) I'd say they won't change too much! I hope anyways!:)

thank you :) i hope you get what u want too.. so nervous now

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

will all offers be out on the website at 6am or will they sort of trickle in? also is there any way of knowing when you havn't been accepted for a course?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

If you *really* wanted to insult her you'd call her a squib, because mudbloods can still do magic, which obviously make then better than squibs.
    Even muggle wouldn't be as bad a squib, because muggles have no idea about the magical world, and therefor don't know what they're missing. A squib however, knows exactly what he or she is missing out on. Squibs see people do the most fun things in the world such a flying on a broom and various other magical stuff while they just sit and watch, growing more and more bitter with age. Seeing as how a Squib spends his or her whole life wishing they could do magic and growing bitter, they usually suffer from depression and find it hard to connect with magical people, especially later in life. A prime example of this is Argus Filch, the groundskeeper at Hogwarts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irishblueberry

ahhhhhh can't wait hope i get in somewhere!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LynnFitz

justified wrote: »
    will all offers be out on the website at 6am or will they sort of trickle in? also is there any way of knowing when you havn't been accepted for a course?! :confused:

all offers will be on the site! :) im not sure bout the second thing tho

._. wrote: »
    If you *really* wanted to insult her you'd call her a squib, because mudbloods can still do magic, which obviously make then better than squibs.
    Even muggle wouldn't be as bad a squib, because muggles have no idea about the magical world, and therefor don't know what they're missing. A squib however, knows exactly what he or she is missing out on. Squibs see people do the most fun things in the world such a flying on a broom and various other magical stuff while they just sit and watch, growing more and more bitter with age. Seeing as how a Squib spends his or her whole life wishing they could do magic and growing bitter, they usually suffer from depression and find it hard to connect with magical people, especially later in life. A prime example of this is Argus Filch, the groundskeeper at Hogwarts.

........ Your knowledge excites me......

Marriage?:)

LynnFitz wrote: »
    all offers will be on the site! :) im not sure bout the second thing tho

thanks LynnFitz :) gah im so nervous :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

justified wrote: »

They will all be available at the same time. Not sure what you mean with your second question, you will be offered one course (or two if you filled out both level 8 and level6/7 columns). Anything you had below those courses will not be offered to you

They will all be available at the same time. Not sure what you mean with your second question, you will be offered one course (or two if you filled out both level 8 and level6/7 columns). Anything you had below those courses will not be offered to you

Re the second Q i heard somewhere that you receive some kind of notification when you havn't been accepted on to a course but in retrospect that sounds a bit like b*llox :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.."

Paauull wrote: »
    "I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.."

"HE DOESNT EVEN GO HERE!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irishblueberry

........ Your knowledge excites me......

Marriage?:)

lmao your hilarious!

Paauull wrote: »

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CreamyPies

Don't suppose the mods would merge the two threads.....?? Make one big one, lot of effort click in & out of pages :o

But,im ten points off last year & don't hold much hope anyway.........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

So, does anybody feel like getting a paper :cool:?

CreamyPies wrote: »
    Don't suppose the mods would merge the two threads.....?? Make one big one, lot of effort click in & out of pages :o

But,im ten points off last year & don't hold much hope anyway.........:(

I think this one is for more "off-topic" randomness, the other being for srs bsns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Why are their two threads actually? It's getting annoying swapping between both threads.

Advertisement