Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power outtage in caltra

Options
  • 21-08-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

does anyone live in or around caltra and experience power outtages at least once per day? just curious if it's the town or just this house. we are renting and it's a brand new house. this has been going on for at least 2-3 months and seems like every single day it goes out at least one time, sometimes 2-3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

How long does each outage last? We used to have that a few years ago, the lights would go out for a couple of seconds and back on again. That was fine but all the alarm clocks had to be reset everytime......very annoying:mad:. ESB upgraded the line and all was fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

aido76 wrote: »
    How long does each outage last? We used to have that a few years ago, the lights would go out for a couple of seconds and back on again. That was fine but all the alarm clocks had to be reset everytime......very annoying:mad:. ESB upgraded the line and all was fine after that.

its just a second and then it comes back on again. but as you said, its annoying having to reset the alarm clocks 3 times a day, lol. did ESB charge you to upgrade the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

The line upgrade was done as part of their own upgrading works, I think because of alot of new connections along that particular line. If there was a fairly strong wind the power would always knock off for a couple of hours. I rang the ESB every time that happened and maybe they upgraded the line because of this, I don't know. You could try ringing ESB networks and see what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

aido76 wrote: »
    The line upgrade was done as part of their own upgrading works, I think because of alot of new connections along that particular line. If there was a fairly strong wind the power would always knock off for a couple of hours. I rang the ESB every time that happened and maybe they upgraded the line because of this, I don't know. You could try ringing ESB networks and see what they say!

sounds good. thanks for the info :) its unacceptable having my xbox go off mid game, haha

Advertisement