Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Warehouse

Options
  • 21-08-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I recently saw an advert in the paper about this place. Has anyone been.
    It claims to charge just 2 euro for a day pass to the gym?
    Sounds too good to be true in relation to what all the other gyms in the area cost. It is beside the Radisson Hotel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've seen a few stickers around too and was interested but prices seem a little too good to be true, think it's €2 a day and €15 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

I heard it is the same people that had the gym in Derry. It ran the same crazy low prices. It's closed now.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The topic is ----> Gym Warehouse.

Lets stick to that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I would love to hear if anyone has been?

I would love to go due to the price but worried it would be a scary man gym if you know what i mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I might take a wander down some time this week, i'm tough enough looking not to be intimidated....

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    I might take a wander down some time this week, i'm tough enough looking not to be intimidated....

Just dont wear the 'pool jersey ;)

Think I'll head down too but @ €2 a day:confused: I dont expect much, but hopefully I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    i'm tough enough looking not to be intimidated....
    Must be the green hair :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

@ 2 quid a go i'm expecting exactly what it says on the posters. big empty building, treadmills, weights and a bike thing or 2. no fancy stuff

jeez muffler you're behind the times now, been red, then pinkish then slightly blonde since it was green :p

I was in there today. It is exactly what the name suggests... A gym in a warehouse. It is very well equipped with weights machines. Some really good machines. There are 4 treadmills and about 8 cycles and a couple of those crosstrainers. That have an excellent array of dumbells. Only one proper bench press though which is disappointing. A smith machine and a power rack. Cable crossover. Dip station. Hyper and crunch benches.

The equipment is well used but still in good condition. I liked the place, and the price is very good value for money.

If your thing is a sparkley gym where you can watch the soaps or mtv then it isn't for you. If you don't care too much about decor and want somewhere cheap, functional and well equipped to train this place will work. Id give it the thumbs up. I already have a membership elsewhere so ill be sticking to it for now.

Cheers for that :) Where is it exactly?

EDIT: Are there showers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Afaik it's just a big building full of weights, treadmills etc. No changing rooms or showers are provided. That's why the price is so low

No showers. It's on the pearse road behind charlies cafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

IPAM wrote: »
    Think I'll head down too but @ €2 a day:confused: I dont expect much, but hopefully I'm wrong

What do you expect from a gym ? All you need for a gym is a room with weights in

What do you expect from a gym ? All you need for a gym is a room with weights in

Theres more to a gym than weights in a room

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Went to Gym Warehouse a few nights ago to check it out. As most people here have already pointed out its all fairly basic.....a warehouse with gym equipment. Machines are all fairly good and the guy i spoke to who worked there was very friendly.
    Its no frills.....only thing is was disappointed in was lack of lockers or somewhere safe to leave my bag. The fella working there advised me to leave it in the changing room saying it was safe enough. I didnt want to take any chances as i had my wallet and phone in my bag so i just left it in my car which was parked at the door.
    The no showers would put a lot of people off, no good if you plan on going somewhere after your workout, but it was ok for myself as i just went straight home and had a shower.
    So at 2 euro a pop, its fairly good, Will probably go tonight again.

Theres more to a gym than weights in a room

Not for E2 there ain't

Not for E2 there ain't

:confused:

Have you read the posts on the thread?

Satanta already said there are treadmills, crosstrainers, cycles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ivorfa

the warehouse gym has changing rooms for both men and woman there is also a vibrax machine (toning machine) and a sunbed which is due to be in use shortly.

:confused:

Have you read the posts on the thread?

Satanta already said there are treadmills, crosstrainers, cycles etc.

Hahahah my point is not to expect much (Showers/lockers/personal trainers etc) from a gym that charges E2 a pop and that most people who go to the gym regularly only need free weights to do a good session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Here is a few pictures to give people an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

DMG_49 wrote: »
    Here is a few pictures to give people an idea.

Anyone know why my pictures aren't showing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

DMG_49 wrote: »
    Anyone know why my pictures aren't showing?

Right click, Open image in new tab.

Or find the image URL...

6099070139_c25d68e560.jpg

6099620292_fca5f5168a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

That looks pretty good to me for 2 euro! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

bohsboy wrote: »
    That looks pretty good to me for 2 euro! :eek:

SNAP!

Id be willing to pay alot more than that for a gym of that standard down my neck of the woods, as opposed to all the shítty leisure centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galfey

aye lad it a good gym. was at it today and i enjoyed it. yeah it 2 euro or 15 euro a month 4 as many days as u want. best of equipment. only down fall changing rooms aren't to safe. but other from that it thumbs up 4 the gym

If I do go I'll stick to the €2 a day

Who knows, if they get enough members they might add lockers n charge €1/2 for those aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Went here tonight thought it was good value for money.. however a few things could improve it... lockers as some one has already said .. & i dunno if it was my fault but i was going flat out on one of the treadmills when it just suddenly stopped on me without warning .. i dont think it was my fault cos im used to using treadmills & usually you would get some sort of warning surely!!

& one more thing i wish they'd turn the music down a bit ...i had my MP3 player with me & could barely here it above the noise of the KLF or the Shamen or whatever it is the kids like these days banging out thru the speakers .

Minor gripes i know but all in all i would still recommend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I was there yesterday and was well impressed. I would agree with Oranbhoy67 though....music was a bit to loud and was drowning out my MP3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I was there one day last week and i noticed an awful lot of teenagers there after school time, not IT students but ones in uniform. Dont have a problem with that but i was wondering is there an age limit to enter a gym. Children are still growing and could do a serious injury if not supervised properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

martyeds wrote: »
    I was there one day last week and i noticed an awful lot of teenagers there after school time, not IT students but ones in uniform. Dont have a problem with that but i was wondering is there an age limit to enter a gym. Children are still growing and could do a serious injury if not supervised properly.

I actually asked was there an age limit & was told 16... but theres definitley been kids younger than 16 there when ive been there.. i think there annoying to be honest .. as they bunch about in big groups & hog the machines.. hopefully its just cos its new & when the novelty wears off they find somewhere else to hang out!

Advertisement