Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best barber in Mullingar

Options
  • 21-08-2011 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

if theres one thing i hate its going to a barber, paying up to 10 euro and coming out looking worse than when you went in

even a simple 3 on the back and sides and slightly longer on top can turn into a complete disaster

so wheres the best spot in mullingar??

dalys used to be great until he employed about 10 polish women who leave you looking like a sheared sheep

the only other place ive tried it is across from Buddy Cadillacs Bates it called and shes slipping now too

wheres the best reputation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Also wondering where the best hot towel shave might be??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GaryB94

The barber in tesco's not bad... went in there before and they do a fairly decent scissors cut.
    Might be more of a female orientated barbers but sure why not if they're not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

That's where I get my hair cut, been going there since I was a young fella, I really like it in there even though it's not a barbers

You can try Jay's just down from Mojo's (dunno if it's called Jay's, but the dude who works/(owns?) it is called that so that's what I call it :pac:)

He's sound and does a great job. I'd say Daly's but of course you listed obvious reasons why it is crap now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Macs barbers in mount street is the place to go the lads there are sound plus only €8 for a hair cut monday to weds. If you are wanting the hot towel shave i dunno if they do it u could always try frankie mcintire in that little lane off month street for that .... that is if hes open.... hes the last of the old school barbers so i think he would be the one who would do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭PureClaas

Ramza wrote: »
    That's where I get my hair cut, been going there since I was a young fella, I really like it in there even though it's not a barbers

You can try Jay's just down from Mojo's (dunno if it's called Jay's, but the dude who works/(owns?) it is called that so that's what I call it :pac:)

He's sound and does a great job. I'd say Daly's but of course you listed obvious reasons why it is crap now

Your rite there. He's really good but is shocking slow and never there.
    If he bothered his arse he'd be the best and busyest in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Don't live in Mullingar myself but was there over the weekend and got a haircut at dominick street barbers (on dominick street :-) )
    Excellent job done, really pleased with it, and for nine euro!!! might be making a trip to Mullingar once a month just for that :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Cook's barber across from the Bridge House

does hot towel shaves too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackindbox

I used to go to this polish girl for a while but i usually go to bates on castle st. That little blonde is dead sound. I love it when she wears her sprayed on jeans and boots. Kinky.

Cooke's across from the Bridge House

Definitely BATES is top notch. Havent been there in a while.that little blonde looks after her regulars. Tight jeans and boots.she bends over then asks me what id like.the little tease

• Advertisement

My only complaint with BATES is she sometimes closes early.other than that nothing.its nice when its quiet and you get all her attention.she gives her regulars what they want.that sexy little blonde should come to work in her cycling shorts. Really satisfy the customers.deffo best ass in town.although if she got too kinky some oul fella might get a heart attack!!!maybe thats why she hasnt a phone no up. Too many pervs ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 J. P. Through

I used to go to dalys, left for same reason as above, now i use Cooke's across from the Bridge House....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MPB

pretty new in town and the wig needs looking after. Went to Bates after first moving here and wasnt impressed. Lot of barbers nowadays treat their clients like they're on a conveyor in a factory. I prefer a top class job where someont takes time to get it right. Those kind of barbers seem to be few and very far between. Should have seen the look I got from herself after the last haircut. If looks could kill!! Anyway who is top notch in town? I aint pushed about what they charge as long as its done right. It once cost me €50 but it was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babewatch

I went to Bates on castle street and i was impressed

Babewatch wrote: »
    I went to Bates on castle street and i was impressed

first post? i'm sceptical

i reccommend Dominic st barber . great job

Babewatch wrote: »
    i reccommend Dominic st barber . great job

Is it a 5 min barbers where they get you in and out quicker than you can clap your hands or do they take their time and get it the way a customer wants it cut? Seem to be finding too many of these what I call "factory lines" barbers where attention to detail doesnt exist and its about getting through as many people as possible in the day. Im fussy about my cut which is why I ask

MPB wrote: »
    Is it a 5 min barbers where they get you in and out quicker than you can clap your hands or do they take their time and get it the way a customer wants it cut? Seem to be finding too many of these what I call "factory lines" barbers where attention to detail doesnt exist and its about getting through as many people as possible in the day. Im fussy about my cut which is why I ask

The only barbers i have been to in the last two years is the one on Pearse St, the Dominic street barbers and Bates barbers. I know the girl who owns Bates. i ususlly go there. she gives me a free wash and she takes her time when shes not busy.The Dominic st barber is probably a bit better.though. i do not like the Polish wan in Bates.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

The men in my life have been going to the turkish barbers on Mary Street the past few months. He gives them the works (threading, a thing with fire & and odd beard trim if he's not too busy) I think its only about a tenner.

Working my way around these barber shops and so far Dominick St barbers wins by a mile. Shes fit too

• Advertisement

But can you cut hair??
    I wouldn't care

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Polish barbie

hi guys

Advertisement