Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor in store vs meteor online

Options
  • 21-08-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭

looking to get the new Samsung Galaxy S II, meteor looks to be the best deal for me.

Id be looking at going on bill pay smart for 12 months with 200 txts and 200 mins. says online its normally €35, but they give it to you for €30. phone is normally €179 but online they give it for €169

now it isnt in stock on the website and i dont know when it will be back in. does anyone know if the shop would match the online deal, due to the fact its out of stock? anyone done this before with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

event wrote: »
    looking to get the new Samsung Galaxy S II, meteor looks to be the best deal for me.

Id be looking at going on bill pay smart for 12 months with 200 txts and 200 mins. says online its normally €35, but they give it to you for €30. phone is normally €179 but online they give it for €169

now it isnt in stock on the website and i dont know when it will be back in. does anyone know if the shop would match the online deal, due to the fact its out of stock? anyone done this before with them?

Several posters on here have mentioned that the Meteor shop they've visited matched the offer - sure give it a whirl anyways, you've nothing to lose by asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

cheers

i know i can check in store, but nearest one is about 20 miles away so dont wanna drive in to find out there is no chance of them doing it

but if others have been successful, ill give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

event wrote: »
    cheers

i know i can check in store, but nearest one is about 20 miles away so dont wanna drive in to find out there is no chance of them doing it

but if others have been successful, ill give it a go

If distance is an issue, you could always ring your nearest Meteor store (see here).

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

i tried meteor in wilton, cork and guy said they will not match the online price, likely no good will, i was looking for SGS2

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭da wiseguy

also fatcheese.ie gives you €40 cashback for ordering online....

• Advertisement
Advertisement