Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty phone, what are my rights??

Options
  • 21-08-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Also posted this in Vodafone.

Hope someone can advise me

I bought a phone in June, after a couple of weeks had major problems making and receiving calls, and also problems charging it. Left it in to be repaired, got it back last week after they had it for 2 weeks to repair it.

Phone will not charge at all now and ive had no phone as went away on holidays before i could bring it back AGAIN!! So ill be going back first thing monday with it and i want to know what my rights are now?

I do not want to keep this phone and would like a full refund or a different phone. Am i entitled to either as the phone has already been repaired once and still not working?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

When back in the shop, I would be firm but courteous, state that a repair should be permanent and you have no issue starting small claims court proceedings.

They will offer to repair it again, I would be surprised if they offer anything more. You do not have to accept this but it may look better (will show that you gave them a reasonable chance to remedy the situation) for a future potential SCC claim if you do give them one more chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

theteal wrote: »
    When back in the shop, I would be firm but courteous, state that a repair should be permanent and you have no issue starting small claims court proceedings.

They will offer to repair it again, I would be surprised if they offer anything more. You do not have to accept this but it may look better (will show that you gave them a reasonable chance to remedy the situation) for a future potential SCC claim if you do give them one more chance.
    I would tell them they have had their chance to repair it and now you want a replacement or a refund of what you paid for the phone. If a phone comes back not repaired it is probably because it is beyond economic repair in which case the shop should replace or refund but phone shops appear to believe they are above consumer law.

Advertisement