Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filmon App

• 21-08-2011 3:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody having issues with this App? It keeps saying that it's down for scheduled maintenance but then when I click into the reviews that people have made today, they claim it works fine and is fantastic :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Is anybody having issues with this App? It keeps saying that it's down for scheduled maintenance but then when I click into the reviews that people have made today, they claim it works fine and is fantastic :confused:

Working fine for me, seen that message the other evening but figured it was just doing what it said on the tin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

naasrd wrote: »
    Working fine for me, seen that message the other evening but figured it was just doing what it said on the tin.

I've been getting that message for the last 2 days.. Damn. No updates either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I've been getting that message for the last 2 days.. Damn. No updates either.

Just checked out on my iPad and it's still working fine. Delete it and reinstall should fix it.

naasrd wrote: »
    Just checked out on my iPad and it's still working fine. Delete it and reinstall should fix it.

Tried that. Twice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

was working fine for me yesterday evening (in wifi)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Used it several times over the weekend with no problems, just checked it again there and still working fine.

Its a fantastic App....

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

It won't work over 3G.

"Because this is a live video streaming service, we have restricted to Wi-Fi only, to avoid high data charges"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Just checked it now. Meerkat manor on channel 5 super app...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Does anybody see becoming a paid service? I hope not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

clansman wrote: »
    It won't work over 3G.

"Because this is a live video streaming service, we have restricted to Wi-Fi only, to avoid high data charges"

It can work over 3G if your phone is jailbroken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I know i'm a bit late, but it was working fine for me when I downloaded it last night, and just checked there and still no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Right I haven't a clue whats going on because now its working on 3G!
    my phone is not jail broken...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Has anyone tried hooking their device up to the tv and playing Filmon so it can be seen on the tv?

I presume you have to be jailbroken and using Display Out and Resupported if it's an unofficial cable. Anyone tried it or have any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

kin9pin wrote: »
    It can work over 3G if your phone is jailbroken.

My phone isn't jailbroken and it works for me over 3G and WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 andrewshawire

Hey is this still a free service?
    I remember when I was using the web app it started to ask for subscriptions.
    I haven't been back to it since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Still, free. I think it requires registration. Worked for me today over 3g (and was excellent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I hope they do not do as other developers that launch an app as free to build up a very a very big amount of positive feedback, to include an in-app purchase subscription at a later stage.

Ok, so I went home, connected to the Wi-Fi and it worked perfectly.

When I was out an about it worked fine off of 3G but now I'm getting the same white screen with a message saying "Scheduled maintenance.... Back soon!"

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Has anyone tried hooking their device up to the tv and playing Filmon so it can be seen on the tv?

I presume you have to be jailbroken and using Display Out and Resupported if it's an unofficial cable. Anyone tried it or have any suggestions ?

Works perfectly on the big screen over AirPlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

culabula wrote: »

I gave it a go with my cheap old composite cable off ebay and it worked a dream too. Delighted!
    Thanks for the reply. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm only getting an audio feed over AirPlay :confused:

adox wrote: »

You're the second person to tell me that, coincidentally living within the 26 counties. Here in Belfast it works flawlessly for me, full picture without fail on all channels each and every time. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

adox wrote: »

is your iphone jailbroken

massy086 wrote: »
    is your iphone jailbroken

I'm using it on an iPad but no it's not jailbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Mine is jailbroken and still only audio

When it was (re)-released recently, it clearly stated in the Appstore that Airplay was a feature of it. Works perfectly for me in Belfast. I wonder if some rights issue is making full AirPlay certain territories only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

mixednuts wrote: »
    Mine is jailbroken and still only audio

ok go into cydia and search airvideoenabler and install it and it should work thats what i had to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

massy086 wrote: »
    ok go into cydia and search airvideoenabler and install it and it should work thats what i had to do

Nope

Doesn't even play audio now ?

Ahh well not to worry .

When it was (re)-released recently, it clearly stated in the Appstore that Airplay was a feature of it. Works perfectly for me in Belfast. I wonder if some rights issue is making full AirPlay certain territories only?

I'm wondering if it could be to do with the versions of the OS on both ATV2 and my iPad?

Certainly my ATV2 is not running the latest firmware as it's jailbroken and I haven't updated at all in the last few months.

It would be interesting to see, if anyone has a VPN, if it works using a UK IP address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

mixednuts wrote: »
    Nope

Doesn't even play audio now ?

Ahh well not to worry .

It does eventually just leave it playing a few minutes then it pops up on tv

Advertisement