Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft gun for under 150 (no used)

Options
  • 21-08-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

hey everyone, ive been looking on the internet about airsoft guns. i have 150euro and thats what i'd like to spend it on. Could someone help me find the right one that suits my needs? it has to have;
    top rail for red dot sight etc.
    stock
    Preferbly a m4 style(no G36)
    good FPS
    good accuracy
    good life

a bottom rail would be a bonus:cool:

NO USED GUNS.

thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What are you looking for an airsoft gun for? Is it for skirmishing, plinking, or a wall hanger?

Judging by your name, I would assume that it's for skirmishing. If so, have you played before? The reason I ask is that your style of play will determine the best rifle to suit.

M4's and AK's are the industry standard in airsoft - their mags are the most plentiful, and parts are easy to come by. This keeps them at the top. However, they are not suited to all playing styles. If you are a fan of CQB, then the likes of the L85, F2000, P90, Steyr AUG etc are perfect for both long range, and CQB. Although, €150 will certainly not be enough for a brand new one of any of those.

If you're sure Airsoft is something you'll stick with, I would play a couple more times, while saving up about €300 will ensure you get some good quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

ok thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

hey everyone, ive been looking on the internet about airsoft guns. i have 150euro and thats what i'd like to spend it on. Could someone help me find the right one that suits my needs? it has to have;
    top rail for red dot sight etc.
    stock
    Preferbly a m4 style(no G36)
    good FPS
    good accuracy
    good life

a bottom rail would be a bonus:cool:

NO USED GUNS.

thanks in advance :D

For less than 150? Nothing worth buying, no. This is kind of like saying you have 20 grand to spend an a new sports car.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

save up and buy a G&G raider.. theres a few models and are really good guns for the money.
    or the G&G combat machine is an excellent gun for 180E

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

There are a few Airsoft guns out there for Around 150 Cheapest you can pick up is a CA M15 ]from around 120-140 without battery and charger you really get what you pay for in airsoft i would recommend the G&G combat machine M4 to anyone starting out its 180 but its a great gun for the price

PS: If you are looking to start going to sites you would have to spend around another 150 on gear extra battery's and mags .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

mememo wrote: »
    There are a few Airsoft guns out there for Around 150 Cheapest you can pick up is a CA M15 ]from around 120-140 without battery and charger

Where would that be? I am deeply dubious of that price for a new AEG I may add. And in any case, what's the point since you'll need to go get yourself a batter and charger anyway.

No; I'll echo what gerrowdat said above. Do yourself a favour and put a bit more away. €150 will not stretch very far unless you get a good deal on a second hand AEG and everything else that tends to be required. Anyone wishing for 2008 chinasoft prices is in cloud-cuckoo land. Those days ain't coming back, and even then €150 was scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Lemming wrote: »
    Where would that be? I am deeply dubious of that price for a new AEG I may add. And in any case, what's the point since you'll need to go get yourself a batter and charger anyway.

No; I'll echo what gerrowdat said above. Do yourself a favour and put a bit more away. €150 will not stretch very far unless you get a good deal on a second hand AEG and everything else that tends to be required. Anyone wishing for 2008 chinasoft prices is in cloud-cuckoo land. Those days ain't coming back, and even then €150 was scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Airsofteire have the Classic Army Sportsline M15A4 Tactical Carbine for 129.99 + for a lot of the low price airsoft guns that come with a free battery and charger you would have to pick up a better battery and smart charger anyway if you want to really use it in any major way

As for the china guns going back down in price i dont really see that happening in the near future in Ireland since you have to pay import costs and downgrading costs if they are over the 1j limit

@OP There is a new web store called Airsoft kings thay have a few china guns for under 150 . I will be picking up a jg G3 from them myself soon . There is a post about them on boards here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056253099&page=2

Still i would strongly recommend the G&G combat machine if you plan on skirmishing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

mememo wrote: »
    Airsofteire have the Classic Army Sportsline M15A4 Tactical Carbine for 129.99

Moot. Not in stock.
    As for the china guns going back down in price i dont really see that happening in the near future in Ireland since you have to pay import costs and downgrading costs if they are over the 1j limit

It's not going to happen, period. Airsoft is no longer the money-maker product of the moment for mainland China. That means that the market is no longer being flooded with cheap stuff that then makes cheap stuff even cheaper due to sheer volume.

You also always had to pay import costs and any downgrade costs anyway, regardless, so nothing has changed on that front only that you are more likely to get stung for import costs now.

Advertisement