Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetables

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Xxsparkyxx wrote: »
    If you take roman and greek civilisation you won't have any tutorial........or any essay to write as far as I know just an end of year exam!tutorials aren't really important anyway in first year arts I found them to be a waste of time anyway!they'l tell you at the start of the year that attendance at tutorials makes up parts of your final grade (usually 5%) but I think they just say this to try and get you to go!!it wasn't the case for English history or politics even though they told us we would lose 5% if we didn't go!

Greek & Roman doesn't work for me as I'd have to get up at 5.30am everyday then instead of just once a week as it stands. I remember that when I was last at UCC, about 8 years ago, I'd only go to some tutorials, it waspretty much the same with everyone else. Tutorials are more interesting than lectures I find but I have to develop my timetable around that of Bus Eireann and Aircoach.

Had wanted to take European Studies and History (or Folklore) as my fillers but that doesn't work for me. So, I'll most likely be taking Sociology (yeah, I know!...heard it's a bit of a nightmare!) and Celtic Civilisation as my two fillers. Along with Politics and Religions & Global Diversity which I'd plan to take through to year 3. Could take Philosophy instead of Celtic Civilisation but if I did that think I'd wake up one morning and say feck it, I don't really have to UCC this morning, does UCC even really exist? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Im on the nursing & midwifery programme! Lectures and placement!

Back when I choose Law I was also offered General Nursing (can't recall whether it was at UCC though - maybe Dublin?), didn't take it though. I went for Psychiatric Nursing last year but then changed my mind and didn't even go for the exam. One thing that turned me off was that in your 4th year they now expect you to work as good as f/t but won't pay you! But that wasn't theonly reason. Got Arts last year but deferred my place for a year. Don't think I'd have the stomach for nursing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

marti8 wrote: »
    Greek & Roman doesn't work for me as I'd have to get up at 5.30am everyday then instead of just once a week as it stands. I remember that when I was last at UCC, about 8 years ago, I'd only go to some tutorials, it waspretty much the same with everyone else. Tutorials are more interesting than lectures I find but I have to develop my timetable around that of Bus Eireann and Aircoach.

Had wanted to take European Studies and History (or Folklore) as my fillers but that doesn't work for me. So, I'll most likely be taking Sociology (yeah, I know!...heard it's a bit of a nightmare!) and Celtic Civilisation as my two fillers. Along with Politics and Religions & Global Diversity which I'd plan to take through to year 3. Could take Philosophy instead of Celtic Civilisation but if I did that think I'd wake up one morning and say feck it, I don't really have to UCC this morning, does UCC even really exist? :D
    Politics is a great subject choice!great lecturers and its very interesting!!philosophy could go either way though so beware if you decide to take it!it seemed a lot more interesting when it was being described on paper.I thought I would love it going into first year but i know myself (and others) absolutely hated it:/sociology I've never done...but I've never heard anyone say they liked it. I sat in on one sociology lecture in first year....it was painful lol but then again I cant give an accurate description on it because I only went to one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

This Arts timetable shtuff is confusing me... :confused: So the timetable on timetable.ucc.ie is wrong and theres another timetable which doesnt have locations on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 soileir

The easiest way to read an arts timetable is to go onto timetable.ucc.ie and go into department timetables. Easier to read than the Master Arts 1 timetable. In the initial lectures during freshers week your lecturers should give you times and locations of your lectures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This Arts timetable shtuff is confusing me... :confused: So the timetable on timetable.ucc.ie is wrong and theres another timetable which doesnt have locations on it?

its not that its wrong - its just incomplete. It only show lectures - on the other timetable, its the same only that some departments have added in their tutorial time as well.

Don't worry about times, just go to the initial lecture as listed and the lecturer will give you a list of times and locations for the lectures for the rest of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

I just got a letter from UCC telling me to print off my timetable before my orientation on Thursday, but the link they gave me doesn't work: http://timetable.ucc.ie/1112/programme.htm.
    Anyone else having this problem?

conorod wrote: »
    I just got a letter from UCC telling me to print off my timetable before my orientation on Thursday, but the link they gave me doesn't work: http://timetable.ucc.ie/1112/programme.htm.
    Anyone else having this problem?

What course are you doing?

Try timetable.ucc.ie and search there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

Biological & Chemical Sciences.

I tried that and got a timetable, just wanted to make sure it was the correct one, and that it was complete (see the post by "rebel girl 15" just above mine).

conorod wrote: »
    Biological & Chemical Sciences.

I tried that and got a timetable, just wanted to make sure it was the correct one, and that it was complete (see the post by "rebel girl 15" just above mine).

I did Biochem last year. Yea timetable is correct! You'll be told about your labs when you get into your lectures but the lecture timetable is correct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sports-girl93

I'm doing nursing and on my time table in places i have p1 instear of L or T...what does P1 mean??

I'm doing nursing and on my time table in places i have p1 instear of L or T...what does P1 mean??

P = practical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sports-girl93

ok thanks....can u have practicals in week 1?

Not normally no. Just wait until your dept talk to you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Yup, you can! Dont forget to speak to your peer supporter if you have any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 megaFi0na

I'm doing Commerce, just wondering does anyone know what S stands for in my timetable beside the subject code where L usually is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

megaFi0na wrote: »
    I'm doing Commerce, just wondering does anyone know what S stands for in my timetable beside the subject code where L usually is?
    seminar:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 megaFi0na

Xxsparkyxx wrote: »
    seminar:)
    Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bartek7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

CE=Civil Eng building and AL: Áras na Laoi.

maincampusmap.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bartek7

I know the buildings, but i don't get why is there * after room number :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Ha my bad, eh my guess is that it means that the location are only provisional and can change? Go to the rooms first anyways and you'll be told of any changes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Corkfeen wrote: »
    The BIS computer labs in the ORB perhaps?

There be many BIS labs, we all presumed it was our own but it turned out to be a different one. Wasn't fun for 1st class back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

titan18 wrote: »
    There be many BIS labs, we all presumed it was our own but it turned out to be a different one. Wasn't fun for 1st class back

They do like to challenge us with the timetables. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

We were told today that most of our timetable could change due to the class being to big to fit into the lecture....

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

****HELP*****

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE ARTS SOCIOLOGY IS ON TOMORROW??? PLEASe!!!!!!

Yes, i have already looked at the online timetables and I have two which are clashing. I didnt make todays one cause they changed the venure unknownst to me and I missed it.!!!!

Advertisement