Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work down under

Options
  • 21-08-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

I read through some of the posts here, and just had a few questions about people's successful approaches to getting work in Australia / New Zealand.

I recently used up my Australia work-holiday visa, after finishing university. The majority of the time, i just used the time for holidaying and have some really great experiences, and I am anxious to get back there, again -- either in Australia or New Zealand. I would rather work this time though, and enjoy it from this perspective too.

Unfortunately, I can't get another Australian work-holiday visa.My option is for Australia is to be gifted a sponsorship employment visa, and was wondering has anyone actually achieved this by just posting their cv on SEEK, and what approach they used? Does applying to the individual job opportunities, with a specific tailored cover letter, asking for this help? Does, going out there with a holiday visa in hopes of getting employment a better approach?

I also have a New Zealand work-holiday visa opportunity, which may put me in a better position or leverage to get a job over there. Thinking, eventually, I may take this, but would rather try my hand at applying for jobs first, before I get there. Has anyone got a job in NZ prior to arriving on their W/H and how did they achieve this?

Recently placed my resumé on seek and applied to a few places with a cover letter, so am looking forward to accessing whether they will review my particular case or not.

I know it sounds pretty vague, but am excited, and want to get over there, just need to stop my fingers going to the NZ site and directly applying before I access the job situation while I am there. :)

Am a software developer, with about one or two years experience, but I am pretty confident I will get something eventually, even if it's not directly related to my previous experience, i am pretty open.

Anyone have any sites, tips, words of wisdom, or employment sponorship visas available ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hi,

I read through some of the posts here, and just had a few questions about people's successful approaches to getting work in Australia / New Zealand.

I recently used up my Australia work-holiday visa, after finishing university. The majority of the time, i just used the time for holidaying and have some really great experiences, and I am anxious to get back there, again -- either in Australia or New Zealand. I would rather work this time though, and enjoy it from this perspective too.

Unfortunately, I can't get another Australian work-holiday visa.My option is for Australia is to be gifted a sponsorship employment visa, and was wondering has anyone actually achieved this by just posting their cv on SEEK, and what approach they used? Does applying to the individual job opportunities, with a specific tailored cover letter, asking for this help? Does, going out there with a holiday visa in hopes of getting employment a better approach?

I also have a New Zealand work-holiday visa opportunity, which may put me in a better position or leverage to get a job over there. Thinking, eventually, I may take this, but would rather try my hand at applying for jobs first, before I get there. Has anyone got a job in NZ prior to arriving on their W/H and how did they achieve this?

Recently placed my resumé on seek and applied to a few places with a cover letter, so am looking forward to accessing whether they will review my particular case or not.

I know it sounds pretty vague, but am excited, and want to get over there, just need to stop my fingers going to the NZ site and directly applying before I access the job situation while I am there. :)

Am a software developer, with about one or two years experience, but I am pretty confident I will get something eventually, even if it's not directly related to my previous experience, i am pretty open.

Anyone have any sites, tips, words of wisdom, or employment sponorship visas available ? :confused:

Don't mean to a downer but the odds of you getting offered a job never mind sponcership isn't good. It's was hard enough getting an interview n job with skills n exprince i have and I'm living here with PR .

There are so many here with the skills that you would have to have skills they can't get here. What you could do is try n come over on skilled visa.

Advertisement