Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone applied for a green card?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You cannot apply for a greencard, and there is no E75 fee, I think you are looking at a scam website.

To get a greencard, you must first get a visa, then move to the USA. How to do that and how much it costs depends on what visa you apply for. The Diversity Lottery Visa is popular amongst the Irish- applying is free, though you need to pay processing fees if selected. Or if you have close family, they can petition for you- I came over on a spousal visa via my US husband. My fees were about $700, plus other expenses (medical, police certs etc).

There are student visas and work visas, but most do not lead to greencards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The DV lottery is easy enough to enter if you meet the requirements, and as I said, free. I have a couple of friends who won it and now live over here- the main stumbling block (assuming you meet the educational requirement) is the financial sponsorship- ie you need someone to sponsor you or have some money yourself to get you started.

I think your chances of getting it are about 240:1, though of course it depends each year on how many people apply. Check out the United States forum, there is a sticky thread there with people who have entered (some of whom have won), who can give you more info: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=917

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

There were only 201 Irish winners in 2011 lottery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement