Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance sale?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

looks great value for the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

whats the commute between cork city and carrick on shannon like?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dunno if anyone will agree with me, but it looks like a good value. in the middle of ireland too...

does that mean,, that we will see some drastic price drops soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dont hold your breath.
    Until NAMA start clearing their property portfolio and the whole debt forgiveness issue is put to bed property prices will stay inflated

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Nice house! The living room and kitchen being too open plan would ruin it though, I'd have to build a wall! I still think houses like that in Leitrim will eventually be under €100k. Especially if you have no neighbours. Everybody needs good neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Two points

1 the price it cost to build is irrelevant to the price it can be sold for , the price it would cost to build today is slightly mote relevant but the price people can and will pay is the only issue

2 that would have been built for about 60 k + site

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rooms look very big - would be costly to heat them. Also, for such a big house, the bathroom looks fairly small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Views on the river shannon, you might see the river shannon enter your bedroom some morning. I haven't checked its location however this could be another reason its cheap, severe flooding will only get worse and more frequent in areas like Carrick, check the flood planes maps.

Also if it is is a area of flooding you might either have trouble getting house insurance (means no Mortgage) or have to pay a hell of a lot for the pleasure.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Also if it is is a area of flooding you might either have trouble getting house insurance (means no Mortgage) or have to pay a hell of a lot for the pleasure.
    Had a look at Google maps, and it seems the area that surrounds it is brown - possible bog land or marsh? Also, the housing estate to the west of it looks half built. It seems they need the money from these houses to finish the other houses?

Also, even if the estate itself didn't flood, I wouldn't say your chances of getting out of the estate would be high if the area did flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I guess houses itself are lovely, but it's in dangerous spot? Reason for being so cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Views on the river shannon, you might see the river shannon enter your bedroom some morning. I haven't checked its location however this could be another reason its cheap, severe flooding will only get worse and more frequent in areas like Carrick, check the flood planes maps.

it looks near to where the flood happens but not in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah having looked at the location I can see that it probably didn't flood last time however if you look slightly north there was a lot of flooding in that area. I drive through Carrick a fair bit but thats my height of knowledge, you would want some expert local knowledge. It def is a factor though and house insurance wouldn't be cheap.

It def is a factor though and house insurance wouldn't be cheap.
    I'd say the house insurance people will just deny people insurance in the flood risk area, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The fact that MBNA might pull out of Carrick may have a bearing on this. If they were to pull out, and ~1000 people were to lose their jobs, then there would most likely be extra property on the market. This could be a case of sell before the sh!t hits the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Lovely house, would love to have that for the weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Houses like this in areas of high unemployment will be going for €60-70k tops in two years time.

Advertisement